Q for the Guys: Where do you get your hair style ideas?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Lucky people. I can never cut my hair because my hair type is just not "Self cut-able".

Anyway, I get my hairstyle ideas from the runway, magazine editorials, advertisements etc. I get the idea from there, imagine myself sporting the look, If I really like it and I feel like I can pull it off, then I go for it - of course, consult your stylist how to go about it.

Its not bad go for a more rough look tho. you have incredibly strait hair, so grow it out and let it fall. Or really short is a good look this coming summer.

This is where i got to look at hair. These guys are not only the best looking in world they also have astounding hair. :)

http://models.com/model_culture/50topmalemodels/index.cfm

number 45 has the best imoa

I just found a really good stylist whose work I really like, and I sit in the chair and let them do whatever they want.

I'm a huge fan of the idea; 'would you tell someone how to do there job' mentality, because I sure as hell don't like people telling me how to do mine.

i've been wearing mine the same for a year or so now. i have super-thick, super-curly hair (read: jew-fro), but it looks good when semi-shaggy. i let it grow for about 8-10 weeks and then let my man Ken in Chinatown do his thing. i usually wash it 3-4 times a week.

dammit finally cut my fuggin hair.

But this time I went to a barber in we-ho! Used straight razor.... wow very neat. Anyone else know of barbers (except in Ktown L.A.) that does this?

A word of warning about those 'razor combs', if the blade isn't sharp enough it doesn't sever the hair, it pulls it out from the roots and is unbelievably paintul. I learned this by having an arse-hatted mother who insisted on regularly ensnaring my childhood locks in one of those contraptions. I doubt she ever changed the blade either. It was a lasting childhood trauma and has given me a deep rooted fear of hairdressers' tools, much like some people are scared of dentists' drills. If anyone came near to me with one of those things now, I'd run like the wind.

Currently I use a Wahl with no guard settings and take it down to the wood, then when it grows out I get the back and sides neatened at a barbers. When that grows out I begin again with the trimmer...

I have old Italian barber too! But he doesn't use a straight razor. I used to get a 7 on top and a 3 or 4 on the sides. When I started going to him, he just uses his scissors and cuts it about that length. I guess the old-timers look down on using the clippers. Also, since I'm losing my hair, he trims the hair along the bald spot so it kinda blends and isn't noticeable. I like it.

I highly recommend going to old Italian barbers to get your hair did.

• 11 months later...

Before I get a haircut I usually pick a few styles from fob mags then ask my stylist which would work best with my hair. Sometimes if I've been going to the same stylist I usually them to be creative.

I take a couple of chunks out of my hair with some table scissors and then I take it from there.