Q for the Guys: Where do you get your hair style ideas?

This question goes for the guys ONLY.

Where do you usually get your hair cut styling ideas from? Do you consistently keep same style? Any specific sites/books you get your ideas from?

I've been usually getting ideas from GQ or Detail since they're are the only magazines I read, but it seems like they're all similar in a sense of all long or too short.

any good websites?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just go to a good hairdresser that knows what syle will suit me. We sit down together and flick through some styling mags and I will point out what I like - if its something that he thinks will suit me we go with it, if not we either move on or he adapts that style to my face shape.

Where do you usually get your hair cut styling ideas from? Do you consistently keep same style? Any specific sites/books you get your ideas from?

I've been usually getting ideas from GQ or Detail since they're are the only magazines I read, but it seems like they're all similar in a sense of all long or too short.

any good websites?

You have the best name I've ever seen.

I know there's a site called asianmullets.com or something.

Not that I get any ideas there. I just let my hair grow long for 3 months then cut it off with an even #0 buzz cut, then repeat.

Jesus came down from heaven one day and styled my hair. He told me that if I where ever to style it in a way that was diffrent from the way he styled it- he would curse my genitals and I wouldn't be "allowed" to have children. He also gave me the tools to use with my hair in a small bag made of the foreskin of young virgin boys. The bag contained; a large bottle of nexus thicking shampoo, a straighting iron, a large tube of mac studiofix foundation, and a can of hair spray for those days when lucifer attempts to strike my locks with distress and flyawayz.

any good websites?

Team homo !!!!

I was keeping it trimmed pretty short but still shaggy for a while bc when my hair gets to a certain point it gets unbelievablely curly. but now i've been using this straightening stuff so its only wavy now and i can grow it a little longer.

also if you can find them, there are combs with razor blades in them that give you a nice choppy look and keep your hair from getting to big, works whether its short or long

i get my inspiration from british GQ or Details as well (sometimes for more fashion forward I look at arena homme + or anotherman or something like that)

anyways when it comes down to cutting I am a DIY'er and it ends up looking 75% the same as my last cut, always. this is okay (not bad) but not too interesting either. I sometimes wish for the more edgy, longer cuts but cutting long hair myself has never ever worked well. I guess if you have the money then a proper stylist would be nice.

I just improvise and experiment until I find one that sits well. But I usually get a bit of inspiration from hair styles in Asian tv/hairbooks.

I was keeping it trimmed pretty short but still shaggy for a while bc when my hair gets to a certain point it gets unbelievablely curly. but now i've been using this straightening stuff so its only wavy now and i can grow it a little longer.

also if you can find them, there are combs with razor blades in them that give you a nice choppy look and keep your hair from getting to big, works whether its short or long

Are you talking about thinning scissors? :confused:

when i feel like it, i take some scissors and chop it down, then find a neighborhood girl to clean up the back. then, i let it grow till i get sick of it and do it again. when it gets long enough that dreads start forming, ill run a comb thru it every couple of days to keep them out.