Shoes to wear with denim....

witts

Waht about formal lace up shoes? I think their heavyness looks good with loose denim.

You know those that Diesel used to show in their past collection on their site. Black. I saw them in a store but I don't remember the brand name. If you're hip hop style, you can wear white puffy sneakers.

i am hip hop style an im rockin some nike legends this second... but a friend has told me ... that selfridges has changed its dress code so you can't wear trainers any more, im not 100% sure if its true..but im just wonderin wat shoes there are on offer...

image_346_7245.jpg

Fuck NO... That was a stupid ass suggestion!

Have you thought about Callous? Something fresh from Ecco (No, not Mark Fucking Ecko)?

Padmore & Barnes? A nice Chocolate or Black Red Wing?

I agree with the Visvim idea!

Seriously, if you're Mr. Style, you know how to get something that'll make sense!

-Dub

Quote:

na man, im stayin away from wallabies full stop, theyre school kid shoes.

--- Original message by witts on Jun 8, 2005 02:05 PM

wallabees were basically the illest shoes ever made and you cannot go wrong w/the irish-made joints. notice i'm using past tense here 'cause the ones made in China now are wack. are those pointy shoes actually popular over in the UK? 'cause seriously no one would be caught dead in those in the States, straight up. basically the only non-athletic shoes i'd wear other than some form of wallabees would be visvim. sick.

I've never understood the appeal of Wallabees. Same goes for desert boots, deck shoes and men's sandals worn with white socks. The kind of footwear I imagine is worn by middle-aged geography teachers who still live with their mothers. I'm having similar trouble 'getting' most of what I've seen Visvim do as well (esp. that stupid fucking fringe they keep sticking on everything).

Still, Wallabees might be the only acceptable non-trainer option with loose fitting jeans. They're certainly not as nasty as those pointy converse looking things in the picture above.

i can understand not everyone liking wallabees... they sort've just 'clicked' in my brain several years back and i've not looked back since! they're very comfortable and were hand-stitched, hand-lasted and of extremely high quality: really nice leathers and suedes. And that crepe sole is just sick! There are actually a few diff't styles...the plain toed ones are my favorite, followed by weavers, followed by the 'traditional' wallabee, but i love them all. skaters, rappers, mods...at one point or another wallabees have been -the- shoe to a lot of diff't people... a nice pair of wally's is about as legit as it gets in my book...

The plain toe Wallabees are def. nicer than the moccasin looking ones...still not my thing though. No one will ever sell me on the Visvim fringe however. There's something too golf shoe meets Dance's With Wolves about it.

(That said, I've been wearing AirMax BWs for the last 10 years or so, despite many friends and at least three girlfriends having said they're the ugliest shoe they'd ever seen)

I don't think you can wear pointy shoes (especailly those pictured) with baggy jeans. I think the only thing that would really work is some sort of chunky boot (but not Timberland.) The Walabees are alright I guess, but all the Whiggers and rappers in these part wear patent leather looking LUGZ walabees and they look fucking awful.

Carpe Denim!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Jun 8, 2005 at 09:43 PM