in the little alcove right in front there were:

tons of white anoraks

shorts in S

button-downs in S and XS

no polos

no vests

For button-downs, are you referring to these:

http://store.uniqlo.com/L4/getitem.asp?hdnItemMngCD=u39069

If so, did you see if both black and white were available (S and XS)? Strange how Uniqlo doesn't offer XS for sale online in jp. One would assume it would be in more demand over there. Btw, thanks in advance.

For button-downs, are you referring to these:

http://store.uniqlo.com/L4/getitem.asp?hdnItemMngCD=u39069

If so, did you see if both black and white were available (S and XS)? Strange how Uniqlo doesn't offer XS for sale online in jp. One would assume it would be in more demand over there. Btw, thanks in advance.

yea im a bit suprirsed and frankly bummed that they had xs in ny stores and not online. i surely would have bought xs as it would have fit better

I think people are mistaking the regular Uniqlo polos (basic polo with long placket) that they merchandised with the Plokhov collection polo (epaulettes, button pocket, stand up collar). The polos from this collection sold out of the NYC store within the first couple hours of their release. As pieces from the collection sold out they filled the spots with regular Uniqlo merchandise.

Went down to "the 'Qlo" after work last night, and was kind of underwhelmed.

Here's why:

Everything is 39.99 from what I remember. Shirts, Jeans, Anoraks, etc...

The fit on the Anorak and vest was pretty spot on, but the quality and detailing on the jacket looked a bit sub-par, and kinda "GAPish" now that I thinkabout it. There was one Black Anorak left in M that I contempplated purchasing, but after thinking about it, I decided against it.

The jeans look OK, but the denim is thin, and again, I'm not feeling the detailing. The sizing was a huge problem. It seemed impossible to find a "Medium" (32/w) that had a 34" or longer inseam. They were all 32". I didn't even look for a small with a 34" inseam, but that seems doubtful as well.

The button-up shirts look nice, but I have a black 2 pocket cloak military longsleeve shirt already I got for 40 bones from the sample sale so I passed. The detailing is what you would expect from Cloak, and was far better than the other pieces. The grey stripey one and the all black were the ones to pick-up.

Vests were only white, but they fit well. I don't fuck with white vests, so another pass.

Didn't even need to take Polo's off the rack. I hate them.

I don't wear shorts.

That about covers it.

Seems like the vests and Anoraks are going real fast. They might restock, Plenty of Polos, shorts, and jeans still.

Have a look and post up your thoghts...

got the stuff today. didnt have time to run to their stores and ordered online so sizes was a little off...

think the only worth getting ones are the grey with black stripes shirts, nice detailing...

and the nylonish jacket.

the shorts which i also got, was nothing special and runs a bit long for an s.

the jeans have nice design for the back pockets but other than that, its just ok.

think i will probably be back and get another of the M size for the stripe shirt.

verdict: value for money. while i wont usually get the regular uniqlo stuff, i will buy these.

they had a past designer's collection by iliad and that one was better, imo.:D

^^^^ Ditto on the Illiad collection

So is there an official list of US prices for these and someone doing new york pick ups? I'm interested in the shorts, jeans, polos, and shirts but was wondering about prices and if anyone is doing runs(i'd pay for trouble of course).

i checked uniqlo yesterday

everything but the work shirts and shorts were gone.

jeans were 39.90.

The work shirts and the shorts were the best part of the collection anyways.

And shorts = $39.99 like everything else in the collection

Can anyone describe how the sizing for the american stuff is? I know the main uniqlo clothes are a lot different fit wise for american and japanese lines. I'm normally in between small and medium for shirts depending on the brands and wanted to know what size to get in the polo or work shirt. I like most my shirts to measure about 19.25"-19.75" pit to pit. I just wanted to get some shit figured out before they restock so i can get an order in with someone. Thanks.

i went to the soho store on the morning the collection was released (may 22nd) and had to wait on line for half an hour.

i ended up getting almost one of each piece (how could you not at such a good price?)

except for the shorts, which i was not feeling at all - they were too long and i hate cargo pockets.

in my opinion, the anorak was the show stealer