Let's Talk Accesories and Where you get em

homi29

I suppose this is just a thread about random accesories that really add that little extra something to a fit.

This can be along the lines of a belt, a bag, a tie , or a necklace. I envision this thread as just a general thread where people can help each other out finding the type of accesories they're looking for.

Right now im in the market for a skinny tie, a leather belt (black or tan), and a decent necklace.

I decided to only wear ties with a vintage tie clip thing I got at a flea market.

I currently have too many things around my neck, including a monocle thing on a long silver thread that contains a lock of hair...

Where can I get a decent skinny tie in NYC?

(not like DH super skinny but narrower than ...say... a regular brooks brothers tie

My budget is 60-85 bucks.

Do you know of any decent ones besides the steven alan silk skinny ties?

Where can I get a decent skinny tie in NYC?

(not like DH super skinny but narrower than ...say... a regular brooks brothers tie

My budget is 60-85 bucks.

Do you know of any decent ones besides the steven alan silk skinny ties?

Marc Jacobs had some for around 30.

also jack spade. i love the minicheck in the second picture.

anybody remember the name of that one australian brand that made those minimalistic geometicish necklaces? one of the designs was the outline of a cube

i suggest anybody that goes to mexico to get some custom made silver jewelery, its hella cheap. my mom got some stuff done and im thinking about doing the same myself

I made my own slim ties. The pattern is really easy to figure out, just cut up an old tie and try and readjust it. Granted the quality is a bit like shit but you'll get better...

But it's great cause you can go funkadellic for not much money, I made myself a pink silk one and a brown vynil one.

dscn15882jm4.jpg

dscn15892fc2.jpg

I didn't use any lining on the pink one, that's why it's so thin looking.

Anyone know of nice canvas belts? Something a bit higher quality and more refined than the typical $5 web belts or army surplus, but simple - nothing flashy.

check h&m, or some polo ones are alright when they go on saleeeeeeeee

picked up an H&M skinny tie , and i order a tanner belt off sf..

anything along the lines of alex & clhoe? I kind of like that look, but nothing on the site strikes me

I got this one.. philosophy blues..danish. slim but not too slim.

pb1.jpg

I love the shirt on that picture. Great play with the stripes.

As for ties of semi-narrow width I tend to pop into our stockroom :P. Send me a PM if you'd be interested and I can hook you up with a money-saving link.

//Bruce

--------------------------------------

www.umotive.com