Seeking advice on denim for a 5'6"-er

Wsup family...just wanna thank the community for posting...the advice helps more than just one person...believe it...

I'm a late bloomer...just gettin into the proper fit of denim ...I'm Short (about 5'5" - 5'6")...my legs are short LOL!!!...and I wanna sport my Visvim FBT Neons

WHAT TYPE OF DENIM DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR MY SIZE?

I also rock:

-vans slip ons, chukkas and SK8 HIs

-high cut adidas metro attitudes to jordans

Let me know the deal!!!...PLEASE!

Thanks

There are an infinite number of choices depending on the fit you're going for. How about a pair of Skulls or Pure Blue Japans (005) from Blueingreensoho.com? Those seem to be the best choices for you. Maybe a pair of APC New Standards or Studio D'Artisan 103's. Blue in Green will chainstitch them to whatever length you prefer.

Guest jeffvyain

If I were short, i would buy eternal 811s, no questions asked. Unfortunately, my legs are much too long for them. I suppose that, in the grand scheme of things, it's nice being tall, but damn do I wish I could wear those jeans.

Buy the 811s. Not only are they one quality bang for the buck, but I can live vicariously through your short legs.

i'm your height. i just all my jeans hemmed. if they're raw denim, i make sure i leave a little bit extra in case of shrinkage. just make sure you get your jeans hemmed, otherwise they just pool up around your ankles and you look even shorter.

i'm your height. i just all my jeans hemmed. if they're raw denim, i make sure i leave a little bit extra in case of shrinkage. just make sure you get your jeans hemmed, otherwise they just pool up around your ankles and you look even shorter.

is this true that stacking makes you look shorter? im also 5'6" and i wear 34" inseams

is this true that stacking makes you look shorter? im also 5'6" and i wear 34" inseams

I think it depends on the color of your shoes. If it's dark, your dark jeans will "match" the shoe. And someone's eyes will just follow through and see it as a whole, making your leg seem longer.

Not sure I explained myself too well.

I'm 5ft 7" and 180 , blocky build , prefer regular cut jeans in a 34" L32/34" (love big cuffs) Something like Levi 1947 501XX or Lee101z dont look really slim but are not loose fitting . Being shorter slim jeans can look a bit ott but regular cuts like these will produce a more balanced look . My two cents anyway , best of luck .

the stacking looks a lot more "urban" as to the cuffing which is more casual / formal i suppose...

and who doesnt want to be urban ?

the stacking looks a lot more "urban" as to the cuffing which is more casual / formal i suppose...

and who doesnt want to be urban ?

Like hell is stacking more 'urban' than cuffing. Evisu with 2+ inch cuffs was pretty much inner city streetwear uniform for years before slim legged Nudies and Dior 19s got popular.

I know how that other guy feels about the Eternal 811. The short inseams are criminal. Not only that, but their rise lengths only look good on tall people! What the hell! My little brother has a pair of 811's and the denim is out of this world. The contruction isn't all that it could be, but it isn't lacking any major details.

is it true on the 28" waist eternal 811 1-wash the thigh is like 11"? will it shrink more in a cold/hot soak? big has them listed at 11 which is pretty roomy.. especially with a 10" rise

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2652&category_id=66&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

is it true on the 28" waist eternal 811 1-wash the thigh is like 11"? will it shrink more in a cold/hot soak? big has them listed at 11 which is pretty roomy.. especially with a 10" rise

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2652&category_id=66&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Yeah, they won't shrink any significant amount.

11 inches at the thigh is roomy? I guess if you wear them low they might be. They'll feel good on you once you wear them in and set the creases. Plus, if the thigh is roomy for you, you'll probably get some nice whiskers.

And not to completely derail the thread, I'd recommend Skull jeans, specifically the 5010XX model. Nice, slim silhouette and low-rise, which is probably the perfect combination for most of us shortyzzz!