What do you think the current Trends in Fashion Today are?

mindtrix

I have started a new Clothing label and was wondering what you felt the newest trends coming out in the fashion world are and where do you think they may be going, how do you feel mindtrix fits in?

I plan to make the whole new line more Zen, yoga, hindu, hippie.

with flava. Getting rid of the "Saint", "Kung Fu", "Used2sk8", "Devil Girl", "Mind Cube", "Evil", and "Mind Mech" shirts. Replacing designs with more natural, spiritual, stuff.

I will be coming out with button-ups, polos, and hats as well as new t-shirt designs hopefully in May.

Please let me know what you think of what has been done so far with MindTrix and where you feel it may need to be heading.

I am also looking for sales people to help get MindTrix into stores. if interested please let me know.

http://www.mindtrix.com

• 3 weeks later...

mindtrix>> I feel that you have taken influences wholesale from the street labels, like union, fuct, goodenough, fly clothing and recon among others. While you have been consistent with the street label influences, they do not have a consistent theme nor feel to it. Try to do something either outrageously or creatively different from the original design. Take a cue from the latest line from Champion of None, they have a pretty good line out this season.

The above is strictly speaking in my opinion only, and i wish you the best.

peace,

simon

Thanks for the feedback Xymon. This is one of the reasons why we are not making some of the designs currently on the site and coming out with new ones to replace them. We are going with a much more Eastern influence this season. like the Munkey Monk, Buddha Phones, and fly designs.

More feed back and constructive criticism is welcome.

MindTrix

http://www.mindtrix.com

• 2 months later...

i think you need to do something that sets you apart from all the other labels out there, and do unusual/unique things with the garment itself other than just printing a design on it.

ex.

layered tees,

different materials for the shirt etc

A lot of japanese brands [ropes,community,etc] are doing this and it really makes the clothing different and fresh.

Edited by raijin on Jul 7, 2004 at 05:18 AM

The union thing was actually done as a parody on their logo.

If you look at our new stuff it is completely different that any of the last years stuff.

We give Union Props.

Thanks for your support,

MindTrix.

The complete line will be out at the end of this month 7/04...

Hats, T-shirts, Button-ups, Belts, and even yoga pants for the ladies.

make trends, don't follow them. if there's one thing I can't stand it's when everyone jumps on a fashion bandwagon and starts rehashing the same concepts. for example, I love camouflage as much as the next person but that trend had come and gone back in '99-00. I suppose, it's one of those trends that will forever be around but it seemed like when one person does it everyone does it. trends are all about hype and nothing more. just do what you like and try not to be a biter.

if they move, kill 'em.

Quote:

trends is a word im not fond of. if something can be recognized and labeled as trend then its already... plus a trend is something that fades away, merely a phase if you will. if your based off trends, or look to trends for self definition then perhaps...well. you know.

--- Original message by so twisted on Jul 16, 2004 03:55 PM

'trend' is a nasty little word but let's face it, the entire clothing industry is based on them. for example, it's 'trendy' to wear Supreme, or wear dunks, or sport wristbands or even to wear specific brands (which we're all guilty of). there are any number of things that can be attributed to trends, that's the nature of streetwear, always has been always will be. it's trendy to buy NYC brands (no offense to any NYC designers/artists out there)...but you get my point. look around the forum, go to Japan....it's always about the latest trends from NYC isn't it? that's why I said to be a leader not a follower---don't do what everyone else is doing, just do stuff you're into.

if they move, kill 'em.

Edited by marine_corpse on Jul 16, 2004 at 05:48 PM