new r by 45 rpm denim

yes they have 2 new styles with each 2 washes in their selvedge (selffabric with red stitch):

1. old fit (straight leg) but new 9 oz fabric in raw and rinse (i think)

2. new fit (peg-legged) and new 12 oz slubby denim in rinse and blue-blk (by spotted horse)

check it.

btw, they opening a new store in ues after summer.

I'm kind of surprised that they're doing a peg-legged cut...45rpm have long made a point of sticking to classic, plain cuts (esp. with jeans) so that you can still wear the stuff five or ten years on. I can see them doing a collabo though. Do you know if they'll be under the R by 45rpm label or Spotted Horse?

Not sure how I feel about 45rpm having an UES location either. If they turn into another label that people buy just because the stuff is expensive rather than because it's really well made it'll be disappointing. The product always starts to go downhill once that happens. (cf Evisu, Stone Island.) I suppose the SoHo location isn't exactly hidden away, but at least Marc Jacobs, etc is there to distract.

- well the peg-leg is not as the 80's ones a la ferris. it's not too narrow and still in proportions. they just took in little bit the inseams so it's not that full. i havent tried them on.

- there's nothing on their site so you gotta either be in japan, paris or nyc. sorry mate.;p

- it's still 45rpm but washed at spotted horse.

- 45rpm has lots of sub-brands such as the badou-r &, bespoke, or r line,. in japan they merchandise most of them in seperate stores. so i assume the ues (upper east side) store will get the more non-casual stuff. also they gonna introduce a new line. and i'm very sure that the stuff is well made, yakboy!

dj krush021, the sorahikos are real straight leg.