japan :: osaka :: general

dexter

anything on or anyone around atm? here for work for 9 days

and reading this thread has been great with the clubs but what are some cool bars that are gaijin friendly?

Edited by trem

throwing a party tonight at the new club OWL which is in Umeda underneath the Hep 5 Building.

party is over at 1 AM thanks to the police crackdown but should be pretty fun from 10 to 1.

expecting a slew of gaijin models if that is any incentive ;)

email for guest list.

the nightlife in shinsaibashi is pretty gross

lately it is quite the shit show. some of the clubs operating after hours but every good club in the area has been either forced to go only till 1 am or closed down all together. the local government wanted to take out the nightclubs and, after 1+ year, have pretty much been successful. my party is at OWL in Umeda now and its pretty weird telling people that the party is over at 1AM. makes waking up for work the next day a bit easier but still def sucks.

www.owl-osaka.net

clubs in Shinsaibashi that are operating past 1 AM as far as I know:

Azure, Wax, Candy, & Sam and Dave 2 (note:Candy and Sam and Dave keep their doors shut after 1AM and turn out the lights in the entrance to try to convince cops that its just a bar space and not a club)

• 2 weeks later...

hey all i'm in osaka tonight and tomorrow night, just wondering if there's anything cool to do. i know the question gets recycled but its been a few months since anyone has asked :P

without having to resort to clubs was just wondering if there were any cool small bar/ speakeasies around, though i fear i may be pushing my luck...

Your party seems cool Bentobox, I'll hit you up next month when I get back to Osaka. Haven't been back since they changed the closing times for clubs so a bit lost about how I'm supposed to party all night like I used to haha.

What other clubs are good nowadays? Preferably not the gaijin hotspots, I speak Japanese so I tend to steer clear of those places..

jackg: Stay at Hostel64 and rent one of their bikes to ride down Orange St for some sick shopping. Nearby as well is Utsubo Park where there is an awesome Cafe that does the best coffee you'll find in Japan as well as a famous bakery with that has a security guard out the front. Perfect way to spend your morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know a good place in Osaka where i can get my jeans fixed / chainstitched? Entire chainstitch on one leg is coming undone.

Best I have found in Umeda

Good place in Shinmachi

Amemura place I found on google.

Edited by the bandanna almanac

Cosigned.

I used the SF guide quite a bit for Osaka and loved it. Shinmachi is my favorite area to walk around at night. Plenty of sweet bars and restaurants out there.

any spots you recommend in Shinmachi?

i know there isn't really much to see in Osaka for touristy things. I'll try to hit up Naoshima. Any other suggestions?