japan :: osaka :: general

dexter

From the Shinshaibashi shotengai at Nagahoridori, walk once block south until Mikigaki music store is on your right. Make a left and walk East down the street (AM/PM should be immediately on your left). Continue walking about 4/5 minutes and look for illuminated sign at street level on your right (after the parking lot).

Order "Beni"

Win.

Bentobox:

I'll be in Osaka Wed 9/7 and Thurs 9/8. Anything going on then? We'll be staying at the Monterey Grasmere Hotel...I hope there is shit to do around there.

I went to Osaka in '07 and ended up at Universal City Walk. I don't want to repeat that!

Hey CityHunter,

Not sure of any particular events club wise aside from the regular weekly events. If you want to hit anything up, let me know. As for daytime stuff, shopping in Minami/Horie is fun and this thread should have a fair amount of info about food and other stuff. Let me know if you need anything else.

db

I'm travelling to Japan for the first time arriving in Osaka on the 6th. Planning on staying till the 13th. Any SF's around that time and got some tips/wanna hang?

Not sure about other SFers in Osaka beside Bento but I'd meet for a beer depending on the time/day etc.

hey hey hey! I wanna meet up toooooooo

How is the weather? My brother, who lives in Saga, told me about a month ago that I should not even consider bringing jeans/long pants - tees and shorts would be all that I need. Is this still true?

hey hey hey! I wanna meet up toooooooo

How is the weather? My brother, who lives in Saga, told me about a month ago that I should not even consider bringing jeans/long pants - tees and shorts would be all that I need. Is this still true?

Depends... I never wear shorts here out of personal taste.

One of my friends is opening a bar in Kitashinchi area that we may be able to all go to. Other than that, maybe we should consider one of a few crazy/interesting izakaya to go to.

http://www.ug-gu.co.jp/restaurant/koishizu/chayamachi.html

http://pefa.jp/taketori/

I prefer 7th but whatever the majority decides I'll go along.

Umeda sounds good too.

Cord, where do you prefer to meet/drink in Umeda? Let's set a place at least. If those who are coming can give me (PM) their FB info we can organize it there.

Cord' date=' where do you prefer to meet/drink in Umeda? Let's set a place at least. If those who are coming can give me (PM) their FB info we can organize it there.[/quote']

Jonさん。

how does Thursday sound to you?

I don't know places in Umeda, to drink. we can meet up in 阪急梅田駅 under the big TV screen and go from there.

そちらにお任せします。あんまり高い場所は勘弁してね

Jonさん。

how does Thursday sound to you?

I don't know places in Umeda, to drink. we can meet up in 阪急梅田駅 under the big TV screen and go from there.

そちらにお任せします。あんまり高い場所は勘弁してね

Sounds like a plan let's meet around 9ish? If that works for everyone else?

PM me and exchange contact info.

Sounds like a plan let's meet around 9ish? If that works for everyone else?

PM me and exchange contact info.

Sup dudes! Osaka is sweet! Loving it so far although I need to get a haircut as the humidity is destroying me and I can't wear a new era everyday. I'm meeting a friend at 5pm tomorrow but don't know how long it will be for. If you guys end up at umeda I'll try to make it. Should be sweet.

I don't have Internet or phone access while I'm out but I'm goin ok with finding landmarks. Add me to fb anyway. Http://www.Facebook.com/carey.ciuro

I'll be a White dude with a blue Herschel backpack.

Sup dudes! Osaka is sweet! Loving it so far although I need to get a haircut as the humidity is destroying me and I can't wear a new era everyday. I'm meeting a friend at 5pm tomorrow but don't know how long it will be for. If you guys end up at umeda I'll try to make it. Should be sweet.

I don't have Internet or phone access while I'm out but I'm goin ok with finding landmarks. Add me to fb anyway. Http://www.Facebook.com/carey.ciuro

I'll be a White dude with a blue Herschel backpack.

Alright if that is the case, and if you can make it a bit later in the evening... Let's meet in front of the big red ferris wheel shopping mall in Umeda called Hep Five, it's the easiest thing to find.

I can make it by 9pm I think so I will be there around then.

• 2 weeks later...

Met up with 藍染Jon last night and his friend for some drinks and they were the nicest guys. If you are in town and looking for some cool people drop em a line.

I've been in Osaka for 2 to 3 weeks. Haven't really been partying much but the culture here is so good I don't want to leave. Would like to go partying a bit more but its hard when you are by yourself.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This might seem weird but some dude honked me from his black vip car thing in the street today while cruising in Ameramura. He started talkin to me from the car askin me some questions. He was an asian american dude. If anyone knows him apoligise for me because i must have seemed like the rudest asshole. Truth was I was on my way to the airport and kinda in a massive hurry.

not a lot going on club wise in light of the recent crack down on post 1 AM clubbing in town.

we'll see what happens with the climate for nightlife after the new year.

some clubs are still open till 3 AM or 5 AM but most of the big players have been popped.

if you can read Japanese, explanation here -->

http://www.cnngo.com/ja/tokyo/visit/time-change-strange-adult-entertainment-law-japan-646802