japan :: osaka :: general

dexter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i'm there for 4 days, with no itinerary other than visiting kyoto.

looking for some mild shopping, clubbing on the weekend (international friendly, because I'm australian) and perhaps relaxing things to do like masssages or spas/springs etc.

Minami Horie, Minami Senba, or Shinsaibashi/Amerika-mura areas are good places just to wander-around-shopping areas. There are quite a few foreign crowd clubs in the same area.

Depending on what type of shopping you are looking to do I can steer you in a clearer direction but if you are just looking to wander for a bit the areas I mentioned are probably your best bet.

Nakazaki-cho in Umeda is also a good area, lots of vintage and select shops there.

• 1 month later...
btw bento, that vid from ozieme looked sick... it's like that most friday nights?

It is when I'm djing ;)

Friday all genre hip hop, j-pop, etc. at Onzieme: http://onzi-eme.com/event/201012/645

Saturday electro at Onzieme: http://onzi-eme.com/event/201012/666

Sunday hip hop, j-pop, etc. at Onzieme: http://onzi-eme.com/event/201012/652

My boy DJ Cokee from Power 106 in LA is djing at Giraffe on Monday. He's quite good :)

http://www.giraffe-osaka.net/index.html

• 3 weeks later...
Planning on going to Osaka for 4 days 3 nights. can anyone suggest a top 10 list to do? (must check out attraction, historical site, moderately priced resturant/food stall?)

Thanks

Tourist: Osaka Castle, Dotonbori, Triangle Park/Ame-Mura area, Nipponbashi

Shopping: Ame-Mura, Minami Horie,Minami Semba, Shinsaibashi Suji

Eats: Jinen (sushi in Shinsaibashi), Earth Cafe (next to Utsubo Koen), Haru no Hana (awesome Okonomiyaki in Honmachi area), Kiji (traditional Okonomiyaki in the base of the Umeda Sky Building), Freshness Burger (worlds better than other fast food burger joints), takoyaki is everywhere in shinsaibashi/minami area.

Clubs: Onzieme, Giraffe, Candy

Via con dios :)

db

^I ordered modanyaki in Kiji and the cook looked at me like like I was an idiot, and told me I shouldn't order that and that he was just going to make okonomiyaki for me instead. Food was delicious though at least.

And Jinen sushi is fucking amazing.

Tourist: Osaka Castle, Dotonbori, Triangle Park/Ame-Mura area, Nipponbashi

Shopping: Ame-Mura, Minami Horie,Minami Semba, Shinsaibashi Suji

Eats: Jinen (sushi in Shinsaibashi), Earth Cafe (next to Utsubo Koen), Haru no Hana (awesome Okonomiyaki in Honmachi area), Kiji (traditional Okonomiyaki in the base of the Umeda Sky Building), Freshness Burger (worlds better than other fast food burger joints), takoyaki is everywhere in shinsaibashi/minami area.

Clubs: Onzieme, Giraffe, Candy

Via con dios :)

db

Thanks dude!

def gonna try out okonomiyaki places... would 4 nights be enough for all this?

Thanks dude!

def gonna try out okonomiyaki places... would 4 nights be enough for all this?

More than enough time for sure.

Also, late night udon at Tsuruton (open till like 7 AM) is the bomb. Find it at the corner of Soemoncho and Sakaisuji (south east corner of Shinsaibashi).

The main Jinen is open till 4 AM as well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow (Friday) is a mixed bag. Best/most crowded party will be at Giraffe but the music will be all-genre+jpop. Same story for Onzieme. I think there is Hip Hop at Candy as well, I can look into it. PM if you want to check any of that out and I:ll see what I can do.

I:m off to DJ at a Ski/Snowboard Festival in Hakuba. Next week Friday is Hollywood at Onzieme. I:ll be doing a special long set with Kango on 4 turntables. Should be fun. Hope you can make it.

db

• 3 months later...