zipangu treasures

tweeds

Is their still a large amount of denim in Japan being sold with the tabs/arcuates? If so, what are the repercussions of ordering a pair from someone and having them sent to you? (i.e. coldrice) Do proxies even risk this? I feel like I've read this a million times, but still don't quite understand it.

most people/proxies dont give a shit. people i know have gotten jeans with arcurates/tabs/patch months after the law suit. as far as i know, japan really isnt affected by the suit, despite the jeans maker switching their models.

there are essentially no repercussions from ordering a pair through a proxy and having sent it to you.

of course i dont endorse it if its illegal, but fuck you levis.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh wow 20% is alot for a proxy..

Maybe. But I think I would still probably give it a shot when the time comes up for my next purchase. He has proven reliability and is a good guy that tried hard to get things

to his customers. Price isn't always everything :)

oh wow 20% is alot for a proxy..

In Japan, a person who has an own company has to file a final income tax return and the total sales amount of the year would influence the tax very much. I think the 20% is the lowest fee to offer the service because of the reason above.

I have a question.

Almost guys talking on this thread has a Rakuten account and possible to pay by credit card? If so, I'm planning to provide a specific Japanese domestic shipping address to the user one by one as the user can transit the parcel at my office or warehouse.

I already have a basic idea to control the new service though, I still deeply wonder the possibility that an accident would be happened during the shipping transaction.

The purpose of the new idea is for making my sales amount down with cutting off my own unwelcome costs likely the tax above. Because if it is possible, I can offer the similar service at a fixed fee, I think.

In my idea, the key point is that if a buyer who wants to get an item on Rakuten have a Japanese domestic shipping address, almost buyers can easily place an order on the item which the buyer really wants to get.

Do you guys already have the account?

I will check here again when I'm back from a trip.

Onsen ittekima--su!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard from Masataka? Is he still on the trip he mentioned above? It's been months since I've gotten an email from him and I'm still waiting on some jeans I preordered back in April. I noticed that he is listed as being away from his ebay store, but he was supposed to be back end of last month. I trust that he hasn't ran off, but it's sure been a long time. Any info?

Has anyone heard from Masataka? Is he still on the trip he mentioned above? It's been months since I've gotten an email from him and I'm still waiting on some jeans I preordered back in April. I noticed that he is listed as being away from his ebay store, but he was supposed to be back end of last month. I trust that he hasn't ran off, but it's sure been a long time. Any info?

Did you already pay?

The guy was legit with me. If he's gone AWOL, it's probably to do with his business and not trying to run off with your money. I'd say, if it's been long enough, you should put in a reclaim form from your credit card company and try recover your funds.

I agree...he was great with me too, and I'd like to think he didn't run off with your money, but I would talk to your credit card company/paypal (whichever you used).

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm still clinging to the hope that one day an email will just pop up and the jeans will be on their way. Mostly because I really really want these jeans, but also because for some reason I tend to trust that Masataka wouldn't go back on his word. I just hope nothing happened to him. Has anyone had to do a paypal dispute for something like this before? I really don' t want to do that, but if it comes down to it any advice would be appreciated.

I like masataka as well, but in the end, you have to do what's best for you. Contact paypal dispute resolution and try and recover your funds. Because, the longer you wait, the harder it will be for them to get your money back. There are other retailers that sell Eternal 872, but the longer you wait, the less chance you're going to have in getting a pair (it's not like the 811 of which there are plenty available). Up to you, but 3 months is way too long. I would have started action toward fund recovery in 3 weeks max (cause it can take an additional 6-12 weeks to be resolved).

I ordered a pair of Eternals on 12 June and quickly got an email from M saying to wait a week as he was going into hospital. After a month and then reading the posts above I got worried. I sent a few emails direct and got no reply. Then I lodged a dispute with Paypal and today, two days later, I got a reply from M and a very decent apology. He is back home and claims to be working through the backlog. We'll just have to wiat and see.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. I share the sentiments expressed above. From his past responses and serivces M gave every impression of being a thoroughly decent bloke.

I also just received a very nice letter. I had simply informed him that my loooong-lost package had arrived. (This WASN'T his fault, as tracking had shown it out his door in 24 hours, but it had disappeared into the APO black hole. Surprisingly, it re-emerged after 2 months!)

Anyway, he was simply being polite and responding. He did say he'd been hospitalized following an accident in mid-June and only got home a few days ago.

The man has been upright on all things. Let's give him the full benefit here. I'll bet anyone who has anything pending will be hearing from him straight away. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll return to marketing a few jeans! :D

Cheers

Hey guys, I also got said email. I hope that my impatience didn't smear his good name at all, I just got a little paniced because of the circumstances. I trust that now that he's back everything will be back on schedule and in order.

Good stuff. Glad to see that our good sayings for Masataka were true.

LeicaLad — are these the Eternals you'd thought were lost or stolen? Does that mean you're gonna get them now?

Yeah. I reported in the Eternal 868 thread that they'd suddenly appeared, like two months late. I've already packed out from Pakistan, so a friend there has ferried them to Bangkok. Except that I'm currently traveling with the family through middle America, so I actually won't get to touch them until I return to Bangkok in mid-August. A true case of (VERY) delayed gratification..., and a surprise thrill that they weren't actually stolen from the APO post.

Now, if two pair of my best boots that were shipped from Pakistan to the US (to lighten my vastly overweight luggage) would only show up. They're coming on a month MIA.

It's so weird. I bought a couple inexpensive Afghan and Persian carpets as gifts and shipped them out after I'd mailed the boots. All the carpets were delivered to their recipients in less than 10 days. It's like a bl**dy lottery!

Anyway, Masataka is a good guy and I'm real pleased to see him back and okay. Now I just hope that he's not too freaked by the legal threats re: the repro jeans to reenter the denim field.

I'm pleased to report that three months after ordering, my Eternals are now soaking in my tub. These jeans really nice, I can't wait to start wearing them. Masataka really is great, it was purely unfortunate that he was in the hospital for as long as he was, and the delay was nothing that he could control. It's a bummer Levis shut him down, because I would definitely order though him again if I could. I wanted to be sure to post something in case anyone had any wrong impressions about Masataka because of my earlier worries.

I'm so glad I wasn't waiting on anything when he got sick. I got the same "I had the plague" e-mail that everyone else had, but I'm glad that he's back up to it. The website still isn't 100% yet, but I can't wait until he's got everything together again.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm sorry to have troubled you so much during I was hospitalized. After I shipped your item, I had to go to hospital several times becasue I was still in bad shape. I have finally backed to my work last week then I just restarted my web business.

Actually, I have a teriible sickiness that is an intractable disease 'Ulcerative colitis' since I was 22 years old. It makes me be in trouble sometimes.....

Please contact me again anytime if you need my help. Also, I'm providing a new proxy service on my site.

Thanks

Allright, after reading bits and pieces in this forum I decided to sign up. I am still waiting for the boredom to hit! I have ordered from Masataka 4 times now and I can highly recommend his very honest and fast service. Japan to Toronto in 5-7 days!!! I am glad he's back. He is currently also working on a another project with VARI...looks very interesting too. http://vari.ocnk.net/ It will take a bit more time to be up and running.