zipangu treasures

tweeds

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denim speakeasy.

I thought this Levi's lawsuit doesn't effect Japanese sales (arcuates, tabs, etc.)? But, then again, SC, and all the other brands themselves already said no to overseas unless the requirements are met. Or, can sell the jeans to overseas without them knowing.... haha You'll, We'll make it!

It seems that a rumor is grown up on this thread though, they've never said they will not offer their products to the outside of Japan.

Actually I thought the rumour was that companies like SC and Flathead will no longer allow their Japanese account holders to sell their products overseas to countries that already have retail stores for their products.

The reason why this doesn't concern me is because NO ONE has a shop front for Japanese jeans in Australia.

Glue Store sells Edwin. Tsk tsk...

lol. :o I'm thinking of brands like Eternal, SC, Flathead, SDA, PBJ, Warehouse, Samurai, John Bull, etc etc etc.

Though, I did not know that... Time for me to go out west to Parra and have a look-see. Apparently only Glue stocks the Levi 538 which is giving General Pants the shits (or so I've heard).

Nah Glue sells Edwin, but I rkn its the cuts/washes arent the greatest.

And yes I do realise that there are not Eternal, SC, Flathead etc... around here.

The only thing we get is probably Evisu (most of which isnt made in japan anyway)

err rregarding the levi's here in the p.i. from what i know is that the jeans ( levis ) are actually made here in manila . and sold as levi's dunno but the quality is full of crap ... and they sell it cheap here a good hi end manila levi's goes for only like 60 us dollars ( but bullshit quality) ... how come we dont have that issue going on over here? i think this explains why? i dunno.. hehehehe im just sure im lucky i can receive repro's with arcuates and tabs intact!

LL--take some chopper shots with the 868s! ;)

Well, I'm hoping that the Gods of APO have not eaten yet another pair of cool jeans. The tracking number from Zipangu showed them delivered into the US and into the APO system in record time. It's been a week since then, and I'm still waiting.

I had a pair of 5EP jeans stolen from the APO postal system, AND a pair of Alden shoes. AND that cool Cone Mills denim book, "Found", was also stolen. Grrrr! .:mad:

Oh, well. Anyway, a couple new chopper shots with my new Red Wing 1911s are posted in the shoe thread. :D

...and I WILL post some sort of photo whenever those 868s do arrive!

[...] I feel just they are worrying about their current situation because of this uneasy lawsuit which has many possibility that will take away their originality including their freedom. [...] There is nothing problem to sell their products on the Japanese market because it is NOT against to the Japanese law. [...]

So, if I understand this correctly, the manufacturers feel that they can control what US shops sell in the US, but they can't control what the Japanese shops sell directly to US customers. Japanese shops could sell the forbidden jeans the Japanese manufacturers produce directly to US customers, exposing the manufacturers to liability. It's not about undercutting prices in US shops, per se.

As long as the forbidden jeans are made, and sold at a reasonable price in Japan, there'll be a market for them worldwide and an opportunity for someone in Japan to make a little money selling them to buyers in the US. Whether or not this sort of activity continues to expose Japanese manufacturers to liability ... who knows? On this side of the Pacific, though, I suppose Customs could start opening packages and destroying jeans that violate trade marks.

Personally, I hope the Japanese manufacturers get over the arcuates and red tabs and labels and just move on. I can't help thinking price disparity figures into this as well. If SC puts stars on all their jeans, I can't imagine they'd re-appear on the Zipangu Treasures web site at the Japanese market price.

Whatever, I'm prepared to wait this out. SDA and SC aren't he only jeans brands in Japan. Something will show up on the Zipangu Treasures site, I hope. BTW, nobody has mentioned the free chain stitch hem up service Zipangu Treasures offers -- it's great!

i haven't purchased anything from zipangu, but i'm going to support them by purchasing whatever they decide to put up. time to start getting info on eternals sizing.

Whatever, I'm prepared to wait this out. SDA and SC aren't he only jeans brands in Japan. Something will show up on the Zipangu Treasures site, I hope. BTW, nobody has mentioned the free chain stitch hem up service Zipangu Treasures offers -- it's great!

Thank you very much for your lots of positive comments for our business. I'm REALLY sorry, but I and my partner have to officially quit offering them on the web except domestic shipping transactions in Japan.

In results, every makers including ETERNAL showed us almost same opinion regarding this issue.

Now, I'm personally creating just a blog page which is described almost in English in a free area on the Rakuten site which would be able to provide useful information for a shopping as the buyers from oversea can enjoy shopping. "Privately" and "FREE"

This is very hard to know for me though, I would like to know what kind of troubles all you guys have had in your experience when you tried to buy an item on Rakuten ever since. I would like to figure out a 'hint' for the each trouble as well as I can then I would like to feedback the hint to my blog page as well.

What do you think?

Thanks again to all!

Zipangu that sounds like a great compromise idea very sorry that your buisness didn't work out :(. There are some japanese companies which have been know to be very helpfull when considering overseas orders though. Specifically try speaking to skull jeans by an alchemist and Samurai jeans.

Just wondering does this only affect the u.s customers? :D Since it's only the u.s law trying to enforce it :/

If it was commonly enforced under the US law, it means every Japanese jeans (maybe including every jeans in the world) would be regulated under the international postal law as one of the prohibit item as well. If it happened, there is no way out, I think. Nobody will be able to ship the item internationally from Japan. Of course I will proceed my business under the law too.

I have read some news related the topic at NY Times and/or somewhere though, is it realized in the future?

^ Unfortunately, I believe that U.S. customs are not supposed to let red tabs and arcuates into the US now, but to be honest they wouldn't bother opening a package if it was labeled "cotton pants" or "clothes" with a declared value of US $50. If they did, the worst thing that would happen would be that the pants in question might be destroyed at port. Neither the sender (if a private individual) or receiver would face much trouble regarding copyright laws.

Yeah, if the new law was enforced, everybody in the world will not be able to walk into the US airport with wearing a pair of jeans. Couldn't be!!

Anybody checked the web site of WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization)?

http://www.wipo.int/portal/index.html.en

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/search.jsp

One month will not be enough time for me to read and understand every thingy on the page. There are so many words on the pages. But I could understand only one thing that they still have so many cards!..........

Yeah, if the new law was enforced, everybody in the world will not be able to walk into the US airport with wearing a pair of jeans. Couldn't be!!

i never thought about this. does the levis lawsuit extend to the jeans that people are already wearing? does anyone have the actual case? what was the actual decision by the court?

Haha, I just wanted to say "it's impossible!".

If a category of jeans and/or cotton pants were added to the list of the international postal prohibit item, the customs has to apply the law to the travelers too, right?

Who can control such the awful law just caused by a lawsuit proceeded by only one company?

• 2 weeks later...

After I started offering new service on my site and blog page, I felt many things related the lawsuit.

The 90% of Japanese jeans maker's products were already shifted to the new lot and their products are made without the arcuate stitching.

I think 99% of Japanese jeans sellers don't know about the Levi's lawsuit and they are selling the products on the web without caring anything about the issue because they just don't know.

You guys might find some item pages on the Japanese web shops described with some images pictured the arcuate stitching, tabs, leather patches and flashers though, I just feel that their indifference is making this situation.

They usually just added short additional information regarding the stitching likely 'Sometimes the arcuate stitching is included on the jeans but sometimes not. It is not an option so that any buyers can not select or order about the fact stitching on the back pocket'. Maybe they thought it is enough information for the each item pages depends on the each maker's 'model change'. But almost jeans which are offered on the web have no stitching. It is the current situation. I strongly feel that there are very large gap in the situation in the jeans market related Levi's lawsuit between Japan and the other countries. I'm still under discussion with some key persons.

Hope I can go back some day.....

Is their still a large amount of denim in Japan being sold with the tabs/arcuates? If so, what are the repercussions of ordering a pair from someone and having them sent to you? (i.e. coldrice) Do proxies even risk this? I feel like I've read this a million times, but still don't quite understand it.

Is their still a large amount of denim in Japan being sold with the tabs/arcuates? If so, what are the repercussions of ordering a pair from someone and having them sent to you? (i.e. coldrice) Do proxies even risk this? I feel like I've read this a million times, but still don't quite understand it.

I think almost tabs of Japanese jeans have never been removed even now and even if the color of the tab was red. But almost Japanese jeans makers already removed the atcuate stitching from their products. I think only a few major makers are still producing their products with the stitching. But there is no way to know what they are expecting in their current situation.

Regarding the proxy, I don't think so. But, please contact me directly.

If I wrote my answer here, it will look like a promotion for my own site.

I'm going to a short trip from tomorrow and I will enjoy 'Onsen' '= hot spring'. I wanna refresh myself.