zipangu treasures

tweeds

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I discovered Zipangu a month or so ago - 2 pairs of jeans later and brilliant customer service into the bargain and I'm a definite repeat customer.

I don't really give a monkey's about arcuates or labels, but what I do think is fucking ridiculous is that a company like Levi's, who have consistently debased their product for decades and now reinvented their core product - selvedge 501s - as a hyper-priced niche item in order to fleece the style-conscious public who can't tolerate the ocean of mass-produced shite that passes for 'clothes' these days, should have the balls to take the legal/moral high ground on this issue. I'll keep buying from Zipangu. What about a pirate label to be attached to all mutilated jeans - a small business owner being pulled apart by pig-like corporate execs, perhaps?

I think this proves two things:

1) That threats, even groundless threats, can work through the fear they inspire.

2) That Levi’s lawyers are still reading these boards.

I was under the belief that Japanese law does not recognize the Levi claim. Thus, how can a vendor in Japan be liable? At most, the products could be targeted at US customs, for those shipped direct to US.

Can anyone clarify this?

US trademark laws are not recognized in Japan but I think that because of Levis Japan those laws are applicable in Japan also?

EDIT: I read the rest of the thread, and Kiya said it already better... :)

I've always liked the leather patches with some funny things trying to rip the jeans apart. Sad that they have to go...

Just checked the zipangu treasures site and it says that they're closed until further notice due to Levi's (those bastards). Hope the store makes it (and that my order from last week will still get shipped).

I wonder if people didn't post in this thread a lesbillion times, bumping it to the front page, if it'd still be open...

nah

:(

Currently, we are under the discussion.

Our store will be open again after we resoluved an issue.

We currently have a very important discussion regarding some issues related Levi's lawsuit. We are very glad for all your concerning about our items and store though, our response for the buyer's emails regarding this issue will be very delay. We will not be able to answer for any questions regarding this matter until we can resoluve our current situation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Zipangu Treasures

!!Attention Denim Heads!! Our New Policy

We will offer our jeans under the rules depends on the latest Levi's lawsuit.

Our new policy will be applied for the all customers who bought our jeans since May 5, 2007.

It might be too much late for us to notice about this important fact that we had to apply these points of the Levi's lawsuit to offer some of Japanese jeans though, we have to apply this policy to offer our jeans from now.

Please bear in mind that we will apply the following 4 rules under the Levi's lawsuit even if those points are included in the pictures on the each item page. We apply this lawsuit from just now. We will revise every related item pages immediately.

1. There are to be NO tabs attached between two pieces of fabric on the rear pockets.

2. The cards hanging out of the back pocket, stapled to the pocket, must not look anything like vintage/modern Levi's Info Cards.

3. Arcuates on the rear pockets must not resemble the Levi's arcuate in ANY way shape or form.

4. Rear leather patch cannot contain an image of two moving objects (horses, motorcylcles, pigs, etc..) pulling apart a pair of jeans.

As our new policy, we will offer the Japanese jeans under the following method.

1. We will remove EVERY tabs before we ship a jeans if the jeans has a tab attached between two pieces of fabric on the back pocket.

2. We will remove flasher cards hanging out of the back pocket before the shipment.

3. We will remove arcuate stitching from the back pockets before she shipment. (Currently, we are not listing any jeans related this issue '#3'. It will be applied after we relisted the related items.)

4. We will sew our shop original paper patch on the leather patch if the leather patch of a jeans was contained an image of two moving objects pulling apart a pair of jeans. (Currently, we are not listing any jeans related this issue '#4'. It will be applied after we relisted the related items.)

Thank you for all your understanding and regarding this matter.

Zipangu Treasures

Hi - you're already a member!

Tell us what's happening with your store and Levis? !!

Thank you for talking about us on this thread. I was checking here almost daily. I really want to say 'thank you' for all your promotional opinions. Much appreciated!!

There are still SO MANY things that I can not officially say though..........

Almost Japanese jeans makers related our items contacted to us and they asked us to stop listing their items.

This is not guaranteed yet though, ETERNAL products maybe back to our site approx within one week but it seems that we have to raise UP the selling price on the web as the international item value. It seems that so many jeans shops which are offering Japanese jeans are claiming to the each makers regarding our price. Personally, I totally don't guess and it doesn't make sense why we have to offer them at the higher price than the Japanese retail price. Because customers visit a shop LOCATED IN JAPAN to get an item at a reasonable price. Japan might be still a national seclusion.............

We are expecting to meet a director at SC tomorrow night to have a discussion regarding the issue. Probably, we will have to decide our way after the meeting. How we offer Japanese jeans or quit offering.

I sent an email to L-e-v-i a few days ago to ask about their official announcement regarding their lawsuit. And I have received their answer just now though, it was written just 'it's confidential'. HAHA What a nice answer!!

I spent much days to try to find the official comments regarding their lawsuit but, I still can not find any pages even if I could find some blog-like pages.

if any guys know well about the lawsuit, please update and let me know. I need to learn it more and more.

Thanks,

welcome, im a bit sad i missed out on the eternal 811s. out of curiousity, how did you find out about this website?

Arigatou!!

Actually, a friend of mine who live in Australia told me about it when this thread was just uploaded. After that, I was usually visit here just before going my bed almost every night. haha

This simply sucks...

Why would somebody have to sell for higher prices ?? Like there´s a law for making more or less profit ???

Anyway - check pm ....

Yeah! I think your question must be a common question likely everybody has because it's so ridiculous.

But I think they will not provide their products for my business partner if we didn't agree their suggestion. This should be largest problem for my partner and I don't want to make him be in trouble because of this issue.

Bu the way, there are some agencies in the world related Japanese jeans makers looks like they have a direct management and located out side of Japan. I found those shops on the web before we start our business and we learned how they are offering Japanese jeans at out side of Japan. And of course I know they are offering Japanese jeans at double or triple price. Does anybody know how they are carrying Japanese jeans as their stock?

beatle--i'd imagine it's the same way as imperial refusing to approve mail orders for their jeans if the buyer was located in a country with a distributor/stockist last year. i'm sure there has been some agreement about markets, pricing, etc...

Yeah! I think your question must be a common question likely everybody has because it's so ridiculous.

But I think they will not provide their products for my business partner if we didn't agree their suggestion. This should be largest problem for my partner and I don't want to make him be in trouble because of this issue.

Bu the way, there are some agencies in the world related Japanese jeans makers looks like they have a direct management and located out side of Japan. I found those shops on the web before we start our business and we learned how they are offering Japanese jeans at out side of Japan. And of course I know they are offering Japanese jeans at double or triple price. Does anybody know how they are carrying Japanese jeans as their stock?

I'd imagine they contact the jeans companies about the jeans that they want to stock, usually through translator/Japanese-fluent staff. The company then sends the stock to the people if there is an agreement, and they sell them for however much they want according to a policy (no red tabs, arcuates, etc.)

I think Sugarcane/TOYO said something about not lowering retail prices somewhere.

Guest El Salvador

I ordered a Sugar Cane belt and paid for it on Saturday. What will happen with my order?? I really hope my order won't be cancelled

Shiiit... I've always imagined that I'm wearing kind of 'independent' jeans, outside of corporate policies. I guess this is one more thing I'm witnessing to transform from ug to mainstream. But why do we have to pay more? Denim-Discrimination... We need Martin Luther Denim! :)