zipangu treasures

tweeds

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the arcuate stitching

We have removed our jeans which has 'arcuate stitching' on the back pocket on May 3rd, 2007. There is a high possibility that these jeans which have the 'arcuate stitching' will not be listed on our site. The information regarding this matter will be informed here if any changes

Thank you for your understanding and regarding this matter.

Thanks,

Zipangu Treasures

^^one word sums the situation nicely.....what was it....oh yes....fuckkkkkkkkk

this has nothing to do with this thread but i didnt wanna start my own for this: zipangu treasures was my last hope (besides a rakuten site) for buying SDAs with arcs and tabs, how long does everybody think before all retailers of SDA jeans remove arcs and tabs completely?

this has nothing to do with this thread but i didnt wanna start my own for this: zipangu treasures was my last hope (besides a rakuten site) for buying SDAs with arcs and tabs, how long does everybody think before all retailers of SDA jeans remove arcs and tabs completely?

Did you ask Zipangu about it?

Otherwise your best bet is ebay or supermarket...not sure of the exact date stores in each country had to remove infringing materials...seems like US was first, and Zipangu's website said yesterday, but maybe you can sweet talk him.

are the 811's that BIG has different than the ones from zipangu? if you look at the measurements for a 28:

waist: zipangu - 26.77 BIG - 28

thigh: zipangu - 9.64 BIG - 11

opening: zipangu - 7.08 BIG - 7.5

maybe the BIG version is cut different for the american market?

bump would like to know about this as well

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your email.

We are currently awaiting a letter from Levi regarding this issue.

So, I think we will need much days to relist the item on our site.

Additionally, we may have to remove the arcuate stitching from the back

pocket before shipping the jeans, I think.

I will update the information if any changes. I'm sorry but please wait our

response for this matter in a while.

Thank you again for your interest in our store and items.

We will keep trying to offer good items worldwide in the future.

Kind regards,

Masataka

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 1:35 AM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Concerning a purchase from your store: Zipangu Treasures

Hello,

I previously bought a pair of sugarcane sc41947s off of you on ebay, my

member name is Pachanga0986.

Your service was terrific, the best that I've ever recieved on ebay and

you're even located in Japan! I loved it and told all my friends about it.

I was just about to order a pair of Studio D'Artisan 105, but you took them

off your website because they had the arcs and tabs.

Is there anyway you could still ship them to me (I am located in Canada) and

we can do the transaction over e-mail?

Thanks for your time,

Dan.

Wow. Shipped May 1st got here today on the 4th.

Okinawa's are beautiful jeans but the fit is something to be desired. I love them any way :)

I was iffy on the fit at first too...but once you break them in a bit it doesn't seem so bad (that's what I tell myself anyway). They're "comfy" jeans...which is nice when your other jeans are all skinny/slim.

worst news ever...

check out their web site front page

http://www.zipangu-treasures.com/servlet/StoreFront

"!!Atention Denim Heads!! Our New Policy

We will offer our jeans under the rules depends on the latest Levi's lawsuit."

from now on, we lost all....

-tabs

-info cards

-arcuates

-leather patches with two objects pulling apart a pair of jeans

I think this proves two things:

1) That threats, even groundless threats, can work through the fear they inspire.

2) That Levi’s lawyers are still reading these boards.

I was under the belief that Japanese law does not recognize the Levi claim. Thus, how can a vendor in Japan be liable? At most, the products could be targeted at US customs, for those shipped direct to US.

Can anyone clarify this?

My Japanese friends told me that Japan is influenced by US Copyright laws; however, it doesn't always work the other way around-- or rather, the situation hasn't come up yet for them to cite me an example of this double-standard occuring. :rolleyes:

Keep in mind, Levi Strauss & Co. has a division in Japan called "Levi Strauss of Japan" which holds the JAPANESE trademark for the same things which they own the American trademark of.

The only difference being that the trademarks aren't nearly as old, and they can't be enforced as heavily as they are here in America due to the differences in trademark laws between the countries.

But the Japanese division of Levi's is heavily influenced by what their American counterparts tell them, which means if America says something is wrong, the Japanese division will follow those orders.

Kiya may well be quite right about the process here. It appears Levi’s is going after SDA directly, but that their dogs of war found the Zipangu site (probably from right here, since we know they are lurkers...) and that Masataka has been told he will be receiving a letter from them soon. In a nutshell, he’s scared and running for cover.

As with any small business person, the threat of major legal fees can be terrifying. Kiya may well admit to spoiling his own shorts when his first letter from the Levi war dogs arrived, eh?.

Not to revisit the entire thread(s) regarding Levis approach. I hope it doesn’t put poor Masataka-san out of business.

Keep in mind, Levi Strauss & Co. has a division in Japan called "Levi Strauss of Japan" which holds the JAPANESE trademark for the same things which they own the American trademark of.

The only difference being that the trademarks aren't nearly as old, and they can't be enforced as heavily as they are here in America due to the differences in trademark laws between the countries.

But the Japanese division of Levi's is heavily influenced by what their American counterparts tell them, which means if America says something is wrong, the Japanese division will follow those orders.

In many countries, trademarks can rely directly on their foreign counterparts for priority dates. However, this can be a difficult process, because priority is only directly reliable if the trademarks were filed within a specific time period. In Levi's situation, if the Japanese trademarks were only filed recently, their matter of course would be to rely on the common law aspects of the law. In North America, there are significant examples of case law where the public identity has won over the general rules of date of first use/date of filing. So Levi's Japan could technically attempt this as a course of action if their laws allowed.