zipangu treasures

tweeds

since there's been snippets of info about the store all over the board, thought i should consolidate it a bit...might merge this with the big buying from japan thread later.

they have pretty good prices, and some members have already placed orders with them, any feedback about their services?

http://stores.ebay.com/Zipangu-Treasures_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZQ2d999QQftidZ2QQtZkm

some info taken from their ebay storefront:

This item listing should be our new business which was realized by our encountering with a professional jeans shop owner features Japanese jeans. Vari Jeans Shop which has three shops located in Tokyo is our business partner. Probably you will be able to easily find the shops on the web. We are planning to offer so many items related Japanese jeans onto our eBay store and so forth in the future. They will be available on our eBay store at almost same price of the Japanese retail price.

Every items will be packaged in a vinyl bag with the shop's logo with the original tag which is a proof of the authentic agency of the each jeans makers then they will be shipped from our company. So we guarantee all of our items are the authentic items and we will never offer any fakes. We will do our best to share this wonderful items worldwide. Please look forward to seeing other item listings in near future as well. Also please visit our store often and check them out.

Thank you very much for your time to read this information.

Regards,

Zipangu Treasures

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a pair of sugarcane 47s off him a while ago. I didn't get a link to his online store until after the purchase, so I paid like $170 on ebay for them then he gave me the address to his store where they were way cheaper. Something about store policy about not giving the link until you buy off ebay, great service, shipped to Canada in 10 days, very helpful too.

I corresponded with the guy when he put his first pair of Eternal 811s on ebay. Back when he was selling Japanese wooden shoes and knick knacks. He's a good guy, very earnest. He got me my Eternal 868s before he even had an online store. When he told me of his connection with Vari and how he wanted to open his own jean store (basically giving Vari an English language online shop front plus 5%(I think) commission) I said, DO IT NOW!!!

He gives great service and email correspondence. He sent my Eternals via EMS. I got them shipped to Australia in 5 days. The jeans were even in the Vari-shop plastic shopping bag. :)

The lids off this little gem. I got a pair of Eternal 811's(w/tabs) from them. Good price, great respones via email and EMS(japanese shipping service) makes FED EX and UPS look like dopes in comparison. I'm still trying to figure out how my stuff got delivered on Easter Sunday.

The lids off this little gem. I got a pair of Eternal 811's(w/tabs) from them. Good price, great respones via email and EMS(japanese shipping service) makes FED EX and UPS look like dopes in comparison. I'm still trying to figure out how my stuff got delivered on Easter Sunday.

Just for you to know that EMS is international parcel service working in over 180 countries. Thats what I'm using if I want to send something abroad. :)

He just added the SD-103! I think my SD-105 need some company :D

And as I mentioned in another thread and over at SF, my experience with him was stellar. Bought both directly from his store and from his eBay presence; had both easily consolidated in to one package.

Edit:

My jeans also came in a Vari shop bag...

I have the feeling their inbox is currenly in the process of a superfuture incited deluge and they're probably wondering why they're getting a ton of orders from America all of the sudden. Who else is ordering and what did you get?

ironically enough (i mean, having posted the thread and all) i'm denim-celibate till the end of the year :(

ironically enough (i mean, having posted the thread and all) i'm denim-celibate till the end of the year :(

While on much less offical of a fast than you, these guys just broke my 9 month streak. Stay strong, I'm currently experiencing mixed emotions of giddy jeans induced excitment, while at the same time wondering how tight the morgage is going to be next month. This is a feeling I am all too familiar with.

While on much less offical of a fast than you, these guys just broke my 9 month streak. Stay strong, I'm currently experiencing mixed emotions of giddy jeans induced excitment, while at the same time wondering how tight the morgage is going to be next month. This is a feeling I am all too familiar with.

Well, at the price they're asking it's like putting money into the bank! :D

And it appears that I just got that LAST pair.

The guy is VERY nice. I will definitely be back to buy from him, for sure.

Did you guys who ordered from the site ask them to mark the package under a certain value to avoid custom? If so, how much? Were they alright with doing that? Thanks in advance.

Most companies have stopped doing that because governments that charge import duty are cracking down on it. It's illegal to underdeclare and the penalties are quite stiff (in the US it's jail time + $10k PER OFFENSE)