will be in toronto...

for some food... Cafe Crepe on Queen West... across from Much Music

also theres a little market type thing down the road a bit from Cafe Crepe by the ben & jerrys theres a door n it brings you into a hall with food down both sides... check out the Steak and Cheese spot for a good lunch.. and also at the very last spot on the right... Shwarma's are good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes yes, Queen Street has the greatest shops ever. They are expensive, but very cool. The Annex (http://wikitravel.org/en/Toronto/The_Annex) is a cool area of town, old architechture and artsy. Kensington Market is a nice, they have a lot of vintage type shops, if you are lucky and look hard you can find some great stuff there. You will have fun, Toronto is a great city, I love it!

Good Hip-hop parties:

Check out http://www.nowtoronto.com/ the week you are in for parties.

Shopping: Queen West means West of Spadina...West of Yonge used to be good, but now it's a little commercial. Some good shops left.

Also check Goodfoot -- only place in TO to get Dunks, on Richmond St. (block south of Queen) just west of Spadina.

Food: Sandwich box in St. Pat's market across from Much Music for a $5 gourmet sandwich.

Korean Grill house "All you can meat" is definitley worth it...also on Queen (at Duncan, again near Much).

Guilty, if you are from NYC do me a favour and reply and let me know the same about NYC. I've been there a few times, but there's always more to know.

Check the SF guides for shops.

Areas to frequent: Queen West West, Kensington, Yorkville, Distillery District, Chinatown, Indian Bazzar, Roncessvalles Village, Little Italy, Danforth (Greektown).

Nightlife: Pick up the NOW magazine or Eye Weekly for current event listing. They release on Thursday's. There are too many parties to list.

www.garagehousemusic.com for event listing and message board

Eating:

Chinese - Swatow, Xam Yu in Chinatown, most in chinatown are decent.

French - Le Select, Jules, La Palette, the latter being my favourite.

Italian - go to little italy. Sotto Voce, Gratto Nero and Coco Lezzone are all good.

Portugese - Barriada (in little Italy west of Ossington). Cheap and huge portions.

Japanese - Hiro ($$$), Blowfish (fusion $$), Tempo (fusion). Most places are decent.

Indian - Lahore Tikka House, Bombay Bhel, Mt. Everest.

$$$$- Susur, Lee, George, Bymark, Lobby, Ultra

Bars - too many but Sneaky Dees is a landmark, Supermarket and the Embassy in Kensington are cool. The Beaconsfield is alright and good grub but you need reservations.

cheap, good and quick - Vienna Bakery, Portobello Market, Butlers Pantry, One of a kind pasta, 2 chinese places above.

There is a lot more to list but that all I can think of.

Hope this helps.

Areas to frequent: Queen West West, Kensington, Yorkville, Distillery District, Chinatown, Indian Bazzar, Roncessvalles Village, Little Italy, Danforth (Greektown).

Nightlife: Pick up the NOW magazine or Eye Weekly for current event listing. They release on Thursday's. There are too many parties to list.

www.garagehousemusic.com for event listing and message board

Eating:

Italian - go to little italy. Sotto Voce, Gratto Nero and Coco Lezzone are all good.

Portugese - Barriada (in little Italy west of Ossington). Cheap and huge portions.

Japanese - Hiro ($$$), Blowfish (fusion $$), Tempo (fusion). Most places are decent.

Bars - too many but Sneaky Dees is a landmark, Supermarket and the Embassy in Kensington are cool. The Beaconsfield is alright and good grub but you need reservations.

cheap, good and quick - Vienna Bakery, Portobello Market, Butlers Pantry, One of a kind pasta, 2 chinese places above.

There is a lot more to list but that all I can think of.

Hope this helps.

www.garagehousemusic.com for event listing and message board related to house music.

Eating:

There is a lot more to list but that all I can think of right now.

Hope this helps.

Edited by aDj on Jun 16, 2005 at 03:34 PM