The WTF are u doing with your life thread

homi29

working full time while acin' 16 creds a semester of sci gen eds and the first two years of a math degree, then hopefully transferring to a neurosci program somewhere (amherst or jhu, if everything works out) to do a double major in neurosci / math

otherwise, umass amherst for either chem / math or physics / math

and someday, this:

DJhikjz__6g

applied early action to uchicago for economics, just found out i got in

currently interning with a photographer

want to do something with art/photography

don't have an organized portfolio, haven't drawn anything in forever, can barely take pictures

i don't want to do anything with economics in the future, i just want to learn in general instead of focusing only on art in an art school

life sux

i have the same mentality as you, i want to have an artsy career, but i still want to learn other shit. which is why i'm majoring in design at a non-art school, so i still get to absorb knowledge from all fields. plus its good to have friends in all different fields

Right now i'm cracking down on my weight training and eating habits over the winter break after doing only like 5 full workouts since thanksgiving which hasn't done shit for my lower rectus and external obliques.

Next Monday im gonna start taking flax oil, stay on top of my died and start hoarding my money for my upcoming yoga+gymnastic classes.

^ thats a terrible idea

nobody likes going to high school. but college is the new high school and high school is the new middle school. you will literally not get any decent job without a diploma. sure, you may be able to pay your bills with hot dogs and djing for now, but what about 10 years down the road?

i disagree with the general belief that everyone has to go to college or they will be a failure, but high school is kind of important.

Gonna drop outta high school in a few months. I already have a job at my uncle’s hot dog stand, I make $20/hour asking kids if they want mustard or ketchup. I got hookups with my uncle for a cozy apartment in Yorkville… I’m gonna work on a few screenplays, DJ a bit, and smoke a LOT of kush.

your a moron.

Gonna drop outta high school in a few months. I already have a job at my uncle’s hot dog stand, I make $20/hour asking kids if they want mustard or ketchup. I got hookups with my uncle for a cozy apartment in Yorkville… I’m gonna work on a few screenplays, DJ a bit, and smoke a LOT of kush.

This sounds like an awesome plan.........if you won the lottery, cashed out all your stock options, or made enough wall street bonuses to set yourself up for life.

Too bad the reality is that people will stop eating hotdogs, you'll be out of a job, most likely get kicked out of the sweet apartment, cant write a screenplay because you have at best the equivalent of 8th grade special needs education, and will be sucking dick for meth.

homeless1.jpg

welcome to your future...and it's not super. even this motherfucker has a book though.

Finance major from a growing, but currently crap ass UC.

Looking forward for a possible fellowship at UW in the healthcare field. But will be competing against Yale, Harvard graduates, etc. ... fml.

Don't really have my mind set on a specific route to take as far as a career i.e. industry of some sort. Was going to get into banking/finance/insurance possibly? or M&A firm. Failed to see the economic downturn so that is all up in smokes.

Like to think of myself as an entrepreneur nowadays... but who isn't one? OMG

OHHH, and all at the same time, getting caught up with superfuture and clothing 'da fuck!

You think $20 an hour is balling? There are people who make that per minute, and they aren't even the super rich.

Also, why do you think that anyone would want to read a screenplay written by a semi-literate high school dropout raised in privilege.

• 1 month later...

Got a full-time job recently. Feels nice to have my life on track. Making pretty good money doing something I like, and I work downtown. My biggest fear was to graduate and never find a job and work in fast food for the rest of my life.

taking forever to finish a degree that I don't even like anymore. Thank god I'm almost done. Afterwards I want to take a design course that really appeals to me but that takes another 3 years, I'm afraid of being a student forever and not accumulating work experience.

It sucks that I realized that I don't like my degree smack in the middle of it.

:(:(:(

finishing up paid culinary internship at a job that doesn't yield the benefits or rewards that should come with the amount of effort I put into it. nothing like coming home feeling drained after clocking an unreal amount of hours to feed hypercritical people with too much money.

Last year was a shit-ass year for me. Right outta college, new city, ended a longterm relationship and i was generally lost. I made a resolution (not on new years) to basically stop holding myself back and stop being afraid to try things out or to push myself. As lame as it may sound, think of the movie Yes Man: every time id normally say no, i just said wtf, and just went for it whether it be work, girls or just new experiences. I really learned a lot in a relatively short time. It also helped me not be introverted and helped me open up.

So now i bought a car and got an apt all on my own (no co-signing from parents) and have become financially independent.

My next step is to figure out how im gonna go to law school, but i think i want to continue working at my current location as I feel I am helping the company grow and with that growth comes promotions and bla bla bla.

long rant, i know but its good to compare what i wrote here today to what i wrote here almost a year ago.

i guess this is growing up

I'm an English major and after taking a bunch of classes my first two years in college, psychology, economics, anthropology, I've discovered this is what I absolutely love to study. I'm on scholarship so debt is little to none and I'm 99% sure I want to go to grad school for English and either get a masters or PHD and make my way into teaching. Idk, the whole lifestyle of being a professor and staying in academia is just really appealing. I write fiction on the side and am going to try to take that as far as I can, and eventually finish a novel but I'm not relying on that to take me anywhere. I'd say I'm pretty content overall with where my life is going.

I'm graduating in June, so i just applied for graphic design jobs at J. Crew, Complex, Cole Haan, Calvin Clein, Live Nation, and Men's Health. I've lived in LA all my life, but all of these jobs are in NY. New chapter of my life I suppose...

Anyone have any recommendations of where to find design jobs? I'm currently using Monster, Yahoo/HotJobs, Krop, Coroflot, and Career Builder. I'd use AIGA too, but i havent gotten around to buying a membership

You think $20 an hour is balling? There are people who make that per minute, and they aren't even the super rich.

Also, why do you think that anyone would want to read a screenplay written by a semi-literate high school dropout raised in privilege.

I'm sorry, since when is over $630,000,000/year not considered "super rich"?

My next step is to figure out how im gonna go to law school, but i think i want to continue working at my current location as I feel I am helping the company grow and with that growth comes promotions and bla bla bla.

All I can say is that if you're thinking about going to law school, the sooner the better, because it sucks.

I'm 75 days away from graduating at a top20 with good but not great grades (B+ average, what can I say forced curves are rough). Given the current market, I'm trying to figure out now if I want to spend another year doing an LLM in tax law or to start working in a small/medium defense litigation firm (assuming I pass the NY bar this summer). At least half my class is unemployed, many people scrambling.

Aside from that, I got into boxing about a year and a half ago and have been going 5 times a week since then; going nuts on a heavy bag really helps me relieve law school related stress. So does weed, of which I vaporize copious amounts when I'm not studying. I also do some longboarding / freeline skating when I feel like it, although I'm too afraid of busting my face to bomb serious hills.

I go to concerts as often as possible; there's a pretty decent jam/electronic scene here so probably like 3-4 times a month. I'll probably be attending Ultrafest in late march after I get back from a surf/scuba/fishing trip in Bocas del Toro, Panama.

So yeah, pretty much doing as well as I think I could be considering my age. It would be nice to graduate into a better job market, but them's the breaks, can't whine about it gotta make things happen for yourself.

just got my photo degree. setting up a meeting with a pretty successful commercial photographer in the city to start assisting and i'm starting to do some freelance stuff. doing some really basic IT work as a day job, paying off debts and getting ready to make a big move within the year.

about to graduate in mechanical engineering. going to top 10 grad school..i hope :P i would settle for top 20.

21 credit hours this semester

gtg study