The WTF are u doing with your life thread

homi29

lying on the couch eating curries, clocking 10+ hours on the internet a day, sometimes mixing it up with some fifa09 on the ps3. also have been chilling to the beach a bit. having absolutely no cash is starting to be a real bummer though.

am moving interstate next week and starting at a reasonably prestigious school, but who knows where the fuck that will lead..

• 2 weeks later...

i had a chat with my aunt last night about what ill be doing with my life.

dad and uncle own a slew of profitable car dealerships (volvo, vw, bmw, honda), uncle has two kids, one he never speaks to and another with her own business. dad has me and a younger cocksucking brother.

the question was who/if anyone would take over the family business? and now im dying with anxiety over this..

one hand- i imagine itd be easy, at least in the sense of job security i mean.. i wouldnt be starting from scratch, wouldnt really have any others to compete with for my position (amen for nepotism), the industry is fairly steady in the sense that people always need cars (not really a luxury industry like interior decorator or some shit). itd also give me more than plenty financial security.. dad can afford to do what he wants, when he wants, and thats pretty ballin'

other hand- central florida fucking sucks (when exposed for long periods of time at least) for anyone under the age of 45 in my opinion, its dead, quiet, conservative, hot, and boring, and i DO NOT plan on moving back any time soon, if ever, which obviously interferes. also, owning/running car dealerships, with all the benefits and security it may bring, wasnt exactly what i had pictured for my future when i chose to major in art fag shit at a new york fashion school needless to say.. and the half of me that isnt afraid of failure actually wants to see me find and excel and profit at something totally my own. finally, though ive never been huge on family i have grown closer to dad recently and theres just enough sentimental feelings in my cold heart to think it a shame to see it all go away to someone else completely unrelated.

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Honestly it sounds like the only thing the car dealership offers you is financial security, which is extremely overrated at our age.

Of course this is me talking, so I could be way off the mark and will be sorry for my carefree attitude towards money. But, right now, I would rather be running around the world doing what I want with what I have than sacrificing life experience for the ability to easily pay your bills.

It's a noble thing to want to be part of the continuation of your family's industry, but SHIT, if you don't have your heart in it, you will never feel true fulfillment, regardless of the money you're making.

If the idea of taking over the biz fills you with terror (and it sounds like it does), run run run in the other direction. You'll just end up resenting your family. If down the road it feels right, you can do it without regret.

I'm heading to DC this fall to go to law school after 5 years out of school doing this and that.

yeah :/ i just get bugged out walking around the city seeing kids and couples, my age, out on the street begging, it makes my mind wonder at the very least, i mean they could be there because theyre incompetent strung out losers but its not like ill ever know for sure. i never saw that kind of stuff at home (the few bums here are old and almost definite fuck ups) and it just makes me bug out at times like these when theres nothing else occupying my time but introspection

im sure some of this is also due to my guilty conscience having let down dad in the past and feeling like i owe it to the poor guy, half of me says that and the other is all "bitch, you crazy". god damn duality

yeah :/ i just get bugged out walking around the city seeing kids and couples, my age, out on the street begging, it makes my mind wonder at the very least, i mean they could be there because theyre incompetent strung out losers but its not like ill ever know for sure. i never saw that kind of stuff at home (the few bums here are old and almost definite fuck ups) and it just makes me bug out at times like these when theres nothing else occupying my time but introspection

im sure some of this is also due to my guilty conscience having let down dad in the past and feeling like i owe it to the poor guy, half of me says that and the other is all "bitch, you crazy". god damn duality

in ny its alot of kids that retardedly come to the city with $5 and think they can make it playing the accordion. in Berkeley (hobo capital of the fucking world) we get a bunch of kids that discovered aus-rotten on livefm.com and were inspired by into the wild to go on a journey and that journey only brought them to Berkeley home of acid and the fucking uber liberal prius driving yuppie. im walking and they ask "got money for some weed" like really, you are really asking me this. and i have seen people give them money and say "at least you're being honest" so fucking what if they are being honest they are on the street because they read too much Nietzsche and no long believe in the laws of society. thats cool i mean not for me but that cool i guess. what i dont get at all is why i have some obligation to give you money. you are on the street by your own doing. is that a job? if it is then that makes me your boss and you now have to do what i say. no?

I HATE ANARCHY KIDS!!!!!

and fuck Christopher McCandless

working at a law firm doing bullshit, working at verizon doing bullshit, going to school learning bullshit. i ain't stressed out at all though which is awesome.

watching yeast have sex.

can't wait to go back to med school. Don't know if intercalation was a good idea. Should've done nutrition instead of human genetics.

Even if the course is called human genetics, you don't get to play with humans. I watch yeast have sex. I study how they have sex.

They get more action than me. Depressing.

i had a chat with my aunt last night about what ill be doing with my life.

dad and uncle own a slew of profitable car dealerships (volvo, vw, bmw, honda), uncle has two kids, one he never speaks to and another with her own business. dad has me and a younger cocksucking brother.

the question was who/if anyone would take over the family business? and now im dying with anxiety over this..

one hand- i imagine itd be easy, at least in the sense of job security i mean.. i wouldnt be starting from scratch, wouldnt really have any others to compete with for my position (amen for nepotism), the industry is fairly steady in the sense that people always need cars (not really a luxury industry like interior decorator or some shit). itd also give me more than plenty financial security.. dad can afford to do what he wants, when he wants, and thats pretty ballin'

other hand- central florida fucking sucks (when exposed for long periods of time at least) for anyone under the age of 45 in my opinion, its dead, quiet, conservative, hot, and boring, and i DO NOT plan on moving back any time soon, if ever, which obviously interferes. also, owning/running car dealerships, with all the benefits and security it may bring, wasnt exactly what i had pictured for my future when i chose to major in art fag shit at a new york fashion school needless to say.. and the half of me that isnt afraid of failure actually wants to see me find and excel and profit at something totally my own. finally, though ive never been huge on family i have grown closer to dad recently and theres just enough sentimental feelings in my cold heart to think it a shame to see it all go away to someone else completely unrelated.

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Random, I went through this two years ago. My dad owns a lot of dealerships and his choices were me or my incompetent older brother. I actually planned on doing it for a while, but ultimately changed my mind. Car dealerships can provide financial security for sure, but they take a lot of passion for the business to run for a long time. There are plenty of other places to find financial security, finding it just depends on how hard you want it.

Accountant (Assistant Controller)

Consultant

Originally went to school for my CA designation but decided it wasn't for me and a CMA would be more suited, so that's what I'm studying for.

MBA in a couple of years.

The greatest part about the Consulting Business is that its BOOMING right now (we consult business on getting gov't grants, so in a time of economic slowdown, everybody wants free money), so that keeps me nice and happy.

Honestly it sounds like the only thing the car dealership offers you is financial security, which is extremely overrated at our age.

Of course this is me talking, so I could be way off the mark and will be sorry for my carefree attitude towards money. But, right now, I would rather be running around the world doing what I want with what I have than sacrificing life experience for the ability to easily pay your bills.

It's a noble thing to want to be part of the continuation of your family's industry, but SHIT, if you don't have your heart in it, you will never feel true fulfillment, regardless of the money you're making.

this is what i wanna do too. i started my job the week after i graduated college!!! No fucking summer, or time to rock out with my cock out.

i dont think i will ever have the opportunity in my life to just travel freely and not give a fuck....i dont have to worry about any bills, so why am i working like a jerk?i think im gonna quit after my year here (july 09) and travel.

I can worry about responsibility when i get back. It may seem childish, but i feel like i have unfinished business and working a 9-5 isnt freeing my soul.

who knows tho, im one of those people that are never satisfied

Graduating in 2010 with a BBA in Finance and Accounting from Emory Uni

Working at Deloitte and Touche this summer in the Tax division

CPA In 2010, hopefully CFA in 2010 also.

now i'm not 100% familiar w/ the US system, but in Canada, that would be pretty useless (to get both your CA and your CFA) because you couldn't possibly utilize both to their full potential.

now i'm not 100% familiar w/ the US system, but in Canada, that would be pretty useless (to get both your CA and your CFA) because you couldn't possibly utilize both to their full potential.

Yeah I believe it's true that both can't really be utilized at the same time. My plan is to get the CPA so I'll have a secure job in accounting for a few years. Then, move into a more Finance-related career which I want to do all along, but am slightly afraid to in this market..

ok, that makes sense

you'll probably have to go back to school as the paths in your undergrad go separate ways after 3rd years (auditing / consolidations / managerial accounting vs. investments / advance finance / securities), leading you towards a specified designation.

but i wish you all the best (and i'll +rep for being a biznesssss kid)

Yeah I believe it's true that both can't really be utilized at the same time. My plan is to get the CPA so I'll have a secure job in accounting for a few years. Then, move into a more Finance-related career which I want to do all along, but am slightly afraid to in this market..

Just as a heads up, you need 4 years in a finance career (has to deal with securities) to get the CFA designation.

yo

why dont you just go to like wharton or something right after undergrad and be ballin in wallstreet by the age of 26

Certainly entertaining the idea. However, the baller I-Banker salaries will not be seen by anyone for a long time, at least at age 26.

On a side note, anyone looking for a NYU summer housing room mate?