The WTF are u doing with your life thread

homi29

I'm going thru some ish with the uni now, so Im gonna go to trade school to be a certified welder. Looks fun and heard they make bank. any opinions?

sounds good.

if there is any "profession" worth going into, forget law, medicine, accounting. Welder/cobbler/artisan is where it's at.

yea I figure it will suit me in the upcoming years seeing that I am apolitical science major, and I can't do shit with that. Plus with obamas massive public works program, I don't think I will have to worry to much about a job like millions of americans will.

Just finished my firsts semester in college, failed my math class. I'm a computer science major but i suck ass at math. Not really sure why im in college, i guess i'm in college cause i know that what my parents want. Just got out of an on and off relationship with this girl i've known for awhile. I work at the mall, and i fucking hate my job, but i need the money for tuition and for books next semester. I'm not really like the direction my life is going right now, but theres nothing else for me to do. But hey, atleasy my skulls are looking good.....

I sense a need to re-organize your priorities.

Just finished my firsts semester in college, failed my math class. I'm a computer science major but i suck ass at math. Not really sure why im in college, i guess i'm in college cause i know that what my parents want. Just got out of an on and off relationship with this girl i've known for awhile. I work at the mall, and i fucking hate my job, but i need the money for tuition and for books next semester. I'm not really liking the direction my life is going right now, but theres nothing else for me to do. But hey, atleasy my skulls are looking good.....

why not

liberal arts as opposed to what? Studying business? Business schools teach you through terminology, neatly packaged buzz phrases and the "case study"...all things which could be good and useful, and may even teach you "business" as far as models and textbooks can contain, but they don't teach business sense, which can't be taught in a classroom.

If you're going to get your accounting credits through a business program or studying finance to move past the entry grade in a company, or using it as a platform to expand your network, fine. But going to business school to major in things like "marketing" or "management" or funniest of all, "entrepreneurship" is no less a waste of money than going to college to study ceramics.

i digress though...other non liberal-arts programs such as engineering or fine arts serve their purpose well, i got nothing to say about those.

why not

liberal arts as opposed to what? Studying business? Business schools teach you through terminology, neatly packaged buzz phrases and the "case study"...all things which could be good and useful, and may even teach you "business" as far as models and textbooks can contain, but they don't teach business sense, which can't be taught in a classroom.

If you're going to get your accounting credits through a business program or studying finance to move past the entry grade in a company, or using it as a platform to expand your network, fine. But going to business school to major in things like "marketing" or "management" or funniest of all, "entrepreneurship" is no less a waste of money than going to college to study ceramics.

i digress though...other non liberal-arts programs such as engineering or fine arts serve their purpose well, i got nothing to say about those.

so you chose liberal arts so youd gain valuable skills that would later let you excel in business?

no, i chose liberal arts so i could get the fuck out of there ASAP. didn't matter what i studied, pretty much anything useful I learned about navigating the world, I learned through immersing myself in society after I got out (especially the past 4-5 months have been a real eye opener).

If I could do it all over again, and had the intelligence to handle it, I probably would've liked to study something such as math, physics or some kind of engineering. Philosophy is a good subject too. In the end I went with Anthropology as it allowed me to coast through to graduation without ever having to write a paper over 10 pages.

I have no clue at the present moment what I am doing with my life. I'm extremely restless and a lot of things have gone to shit lately. Though a lot is good, I'm feeling very suffocated where I am right now.
Well, I started to physically decay at school... 23 lbs gone in less than 4 months... feelin fine, lookin emaciated.

fuck! 23? ive lost 10 maybe. you on that snow diet b?

as for the restlessness, ive been keeping that at bay for the most part with controlled substances, chasing girls, self loathing, and relying on the thought that being where i am, doing what im doing, sooner or later something pretty nice will present itself and just show me what im doing with my life and ill be all "aight i can get down with that"

that and the hope of the world actually ending in 2012, i could totally feel that, right after school, go out with a bang, and not bug about missing out on shit since everyone else is dead with yeh, is this sorta optimism morbid or practical?

fuck! 23? ive lost 10 maybe. you on that snow diet b?

as for the restlessness, ive been keeping that at bay for the most part with controlled substances, chasing girls, self loathing, and relying on the thought that being where i am, doing what im doing, sooner or later something pretty nice will present itself and just show me what im doing with my life and ill be all "aight i can get down with that"

that and the hope of the world actually ending in 2012, i could totally feel that, right after school, go out with a bang, and not bug about missing out on shit since everyone else is dead with yeh, is this sorta optimism morbid or practical?

yeah, 23. I don't really eat, and controlled substances do eventually catch up. I'm also doing that whole like "work out way too much and get that ridic Fight Club Brad Pitt body thing", and I can feel parts of my body actually deteriorating. I've already called that if I continued playing tennis, I'm gonna need to replace the rotator in my right shoulder, my wrists are fused, my knees are pretty shaky all the time (product of growing too fast when I was younger), and I've started to develop back problems.

Me, I'm a pretty negative person too, and I've become more and more morbid about things, but I find that if I continually remind myself that I will not, and can not die, karma will not catch up with me. While I don't play it as nearly fast/loose as you, I've made some pretty stupid mistakes in the last couple months at school, but I really don't regret any of them. If anything, they just showed the flexibility of the human body/experience and how while all these things may catch up to you, unbelievable negativity and the power of thinking that way can pull you through.

Who knows, if the world ends in 2012, I may not go out with it. I've always said I plan to live forever, so I'm not letting some major technicality fuck up my grand plans.

yeah, 23. I don't really eat, and controlled substances do eventually catch up. I'm also doing that whole like "work out way too much and get that ridic Fight Club Brad Pitt body thing", and I can feel parts of my body actually deteriorating. I've already called that if I continued playing tennis, I'm gonna need to replace the rotator in my right shoulder, my wrists are fused, my knees are pretty shaky all the time (product of growing too fast when I was younger), and I've started to develop back problems.

Me, I'm a pretty negative person too, and I've become more and more morbid about things, but I find that if I continually remind myself that I will not, and can not die, karma will not catch up with me. While I don't play it as nearly fast/loose as you, I've made some pretty stupid mistakes in the last couple months at school, but I really don't regret any of them. If anything, they just showed the flexibility of the human body/experience and how while all these things may catch up to you, unbelievable negativity and the power of thinking that way can pull you through.

Who knows, if the world ends in 2012, I may not go out with it. I've always said I plan to live forever, so I'm not letting some major technicality fuck up my grand plans.

but you're tall???

@ juliaN: so what do you do now then ? (search function is garbage and im too lazy to surf thru the whole 40 some odd pgs to see if you actually did post wat you are doing)

I am graduating college with some shit tastic liberal arts degree. so my diploma reads bachelor of arts. watever gpa good enough to land a logistics job in a cube with business casual. which means i wont be able to wear my jeans which im somewhat depressed about yet still happy i have a job in this crap ass economy. been working at that place for 3 years part time so a transition over wasn't too bad just need ton of more training to learn fully what they do and not just some clerical shazzz.

still going to be living at home, too expensive to go buy my own place nor do i want to waste money renting when my house is 30mins away from work i can drive.

been in a steady relationship with my girl for 3 yrs and ... close to 2 months now ? love her much.

lately been buying too many jeans than i can wear now especially with the cube job may just have to wear it under my slacks ? that and some sb's as well. frack i gotta stop. but it helps the economy ?

my last exam is coming up this monday the 22nd studying now wish me luck.

@ juliaN: so what do you do now then ?

That's a very good question, and I think you're asking the wrong person.

Man, I don't even know where to begin....the past 2 or so months have been filled with so many different engagements, false starts, dead ends, broken ties that just trying to make sense of it makes me exhausted. 2008 isn't my year when it comes to stability in work, I think this was clear when the year began. I'm still planning to get some businesses on the ground running in 2009 with what I still have.

Well that doesn't answer your question. Put it shortly, at the moment I'm doing nothing. Just living day to day, writing when I can, reading a lot, yeah.

not employed. not going to school. at first i didnt give a fuck, but everyday i'm growing increasingly scared. in a pretty rad relationship though...

and i'm still able to buy clothing...so...yea...

=*(

YO, DOOD

I FEEL THIS

MINUS THE RELATIONSHIP PART

:(

-_-

>.<

not employed. not going to school. at first i didnt give a fuck, but everyday i'm growing increasingly scared. in a pretty rad relationship though...

and i'm still able to buy clothing...so...yea...

=*(

GIT THAT APP. TO FIT GOIN NIGGA AND CLEAN UP.

:\

I got no prospects. I'm just gonna go back to drinking with trev and you. You're my favorite gals anyways.

aw ilu<3 that sounds solid to me. dont fret mah dood she ain't that fly anyway.

Why are all these posts so damn depressing? At least you're fucking alive.

I'm going to finish high school, go to college and if the world ends while I'm there, so be it. That would be a great place for it to happen.

I will get a job that won't be a 9 to 5, have to commute for a long ass time every day to sit in front of a computer screen and talk on phones with idiots.

Preferably a job in nature or in the middle of a giant fucking city. No middle grounds. Never get married, never have kids.