The WTF are u doing with your life thread

homi29

i read about all that 2012 shit when i was really little

so its sort of set in my mind that the end of the world approaches, or at least some great change

and i view my future plans based on the idea that the second i get out of college i will probably die

so i dont see much point in a career

but i was to get a really decent education in what interests me

so i can learn as much as possible before i die.

Thats probably the best way to live life. I sometimes wish I had the courage to do so but I am the antithesis from a risk taker. I am pretty much on a straight road, I made it through the most difficult time of my career. For medicine, its undergrad as its hard to get into but easy to get graduate. The thing is, I sometimes wish I could fuck it all off, piss away life, and have a blast doing it. I've worked so hard and I really dont see an end insight. Even when I make it, I will still have to work harder. Times really arent the same anymore. Seems like life is alot tougher and more complicated (although not speaking from first hand experience).

7 point scale in houston area

im in cypress fairbanks isd its northwest of houston in the suburb of cypress

all of our school near us have 7 point

im unsure of how it transfers into 4 point scale or anything else but its pretty similar

7 a 6 b 5 c in K level or Horizons classes or AP classes.

yeah thats true but the travel nurses i met at scripps hospital were RN's doing med surg. they did 3 month stints. the girl i talked to started out in Florida for 3 months, then Hawaii for three months and now san diego for 3 months and extended her san diego work at scripps for another 3 months, her and her boyfriend are both travel nurses and have been working together like this. They are both RN's. they want to stop and apply to the hospital to stay here in san diego.

Scripps hospital is in La Jolla san diego overlooking Torry Pines golf course and the ocean at the same time. one of the nicest hospitals in SD. I'm sure their hospitals in florida and hawaii were nice too. But one thing about the travel nurse deal is that i dont know do you get to pick what cities you work in or do they just pick it for you?

you definitely have a choice as to what cities you want to go to, but for sure Hawaii is like one of the hardest assignments to get. what i meant by shit assignments is when you get to the hospital work, from what i hear and have seen, you kinda get the stuff/patients that no one else wants to deal with dumped on you.

regardless though, it is a nice deal if youre willing to deal with the uprooting and what not.. its not just restricted to nurses, I know radiology techs that have done similar things, and even Physical Therapists. Recently met someone who did a stint in upstate new york aka middle of nowhere, gotta hit them up for some stories..

i was doing a math major a UofT but i dropped out in november. then i applied for this school thing for recording and now i'm a sudent/assistant at a studio. right now i just want to learn as much as i can about music. im just spending all my money on records, documentaries and equipment right now.

hopefully ill be able to do something music related in the future.

you definitely have a choice as to what cities you want to go to, but for sure Hawaii is like one of the hardest assignments to get. what i meant by shit assignments is when you get to the hospital work, from what i hear and have seen, you kinda get the stuff/patients that no one else wants to deal with dumped on you.

regardless though, it is a nice deal if youre willing to deal with the uprooting and what not.. its not just restricted to nurses, I know radiology techs that have done similar things, and even Physical Therapists. Recently met someone who did a stint in upstate new york aka middle of nowhere, gotta hit them up for some stories..

haha im visiting NY may 9th, staying in NYC for 2 nights then heading up to Rochester

I think the reason while this topic is so relevant here is due to demographics. Most of the posters here are intelligent, worldly and open minded, and are mostly around college age.

What this means is that alot of us are at what feels like a turning point in our lives.

Due to our relatively comfortable middle class upbringings, we've been able to dabble in our hobbies/interests be it music, fashion, photography etc. I mean very few members here dont have jeans worth at least $200. All this has constantly made us strive for more, and be unsatisfied with the bare minimum. In cliche terms we want have our cake and eat it .

So I have this theory that there is this inherent conflict between who we really want to be/ want to do, and what we feel is practical/socially acceptable. Honesty, university for me was 4 years of my life for me to fuck around away from home, get decent grades, but really just enjoy going out and drinking 4 nights a week, hanging in the company of friends, and put forth enough effort to graduate in decent standing. It seems alot of my friends are in the same boat, and now that ride has come to an end its time to get down to business (so to speak).

This is where i'm sort of confused, because i see most peoples jobs and their 9-5 extiences and it doesnt appeal to me. It doesnt seem exciting, or in many cases all that profitable. 100k isnt much after tax, rent and a car payment.. So im left wondering WTF i should do. I'm glad many people feel the same way I do about this, and for now i guess im just going to take baby steps.

I'm just scared that i'll get caught in a cycle of medicority, since most of my friends aren't neccesarily heading anywhere extradionary in life either. I'm not neccesarily the type who can break out of the mold through my own hard work and determination, but Ithe thought of being a sob story when im 40 (and thinking of my wasted youth) is enough of a motivator for me to really take some time to consider where the fuck i want to be in 2 years, 5 years, and even 10 years..

Just some ranting

PS. Pogi, you sound like a stand up dude with a positive attitude in life, keep it up man +rep

What this means is that we all have the basic neccesities of life covered (for the most part)

I wanted to be a teacher since I was a junior in HS.

2 more years of school till I get my degree, 1 year of student teaching.

Within 2 years I plan on taking a science CSET and math CSET and I still have to take the CBEST.

Not to mention I finish my student observation hours this semester and all of the other secondary education classes.

wow, you guys sound spoiled.

I disagree. I don't get a sense of entitlement from most of the posters on this thread; just posts that reflect the realities of their situations. I think that a lot of them are privileged, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are spoiled. Just my two cents.

I'm in grade 11 so I've still got options as to what i'm going to do with my life, and I'm not really sure right now. I'm currently doing a work placement at an accounting firm and I have mixed feelings about it.. I like what I do, the money is good, and the prospect for future is really good, but at times it gets kinda boring and repetitive. I'm interested in business, but I'm not much of a risk taker so I don't think anything in i-banking or finance is for me.

Accounting is safe.. too safe. if that makes any sense.

any accountants out there? what do you say?

the only privelege i was born with is that i'm a motherfucking genius.

all you middle class motherfuckers make me sick. work an office job and shut up.

and buy more japanese denim when u get the chance, we all need at least 10 pairs

I just finished my sophomore year at Purdue University. I am majoring in Management and minoring in Marketing. I'm from Los Angeles, I'm going back home in two days, I have my last two finals tomorrow. I will be home for 3 weeks, then I'm off to Manhattan to conduct my Corporate Marketing Internship with a fashion industry brand. I'm very excited to learn/gain experience/network.

I'm going to take advantage of all my opportunities this summer to give me even greater opportunities for the future. Hopefully I'm a good match with the company and receive an invitiation to come back and work in the summer of 2008. I'm looking to build myself within a solid organization and maintain myself as a valued asset.

Other than my internship in NYC, I am going to take in Manhattan and enjoy everything it has to offer. I enjoy it more than my hometown of Los Angeles.

What brand are you interning for? I may/may not be following a similar route as you...except I'm a Freshman who's just gonna make $ this summer then Intern next summer.

I'm working my ass off in High School for no reason. Spending hours online reading forums and looking at denim I can't afford. Wondering where I'm going to go to college, and what I'm going to major in. And I'm kind of hoping the future lays somewhere outside of central USA...

I disagree. I don't get a sense of entitlement from most of the posters on this thread; just posts that reflect the realities of their situations. I think that a lot of them are privileged, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are spoiled. Just my two cents.

also keep in mind that ppl who are poorer (ie me), have shittier clothes and hence are less likely to post often in WAYWT

i started highschool at stuyvesant and didnt attend for over a year...did stupid shit and fucked up a good portion of my future...started going to my local highschool and did well for a while, but recently i've been cutting every other class...i'm a year fucking late, but i'm going to pass this year because my teachers are kind people. attending baruch college this coming fall and i dont fucking know why because i wanted to go to an art college not a fucking business school.

i have no job and my future is really cloudy, but i haven't cut my hair in nearly a year and it's growing out nicely.

i plan on studying abroad in France and hopefully i can fuck a dozen or two French girls while i'm there. i'm hoping i can party/fuck/live/die my way through college and magically find a career that pays.

• 4 months later...