The WTF are u doing with your life thread

homi29

So im done university, (BA in Poli. Sci), and now im back home bored outta my mind, passing the time taking photos, reading books, skating, and just generally dicking around.

Now with that said, i gotta plan my life out. Just wondering what everyone was doing in terms of careers and generally life aspirations.

People say life comes down to three things : Health, Wealth, and Relationships.

Give some insight to how you are doing

So im done university, (BA in Poli. Sci), and now im back home bored outta my mind, passing the time taking photos, reading books, skating, and just generally dicking around.

As a Polsci major, your are not making me feel good about my prospects...

As a Polsci major, your are not making me feel good about my prospects...

yeah dude, i mean i enjoyed studying it and i thought it gave me good critical thinking skills and the ability to put things into perspective, but in terms of getting a job with it, you either have to 1) go to grad school 2) get a gov't internship/position early 3) work in a non-profit or NGO and make shit money 4) Try out law school

You re not alone, I don t think any undergrad degree carries much weight anymore. I just graduated with honors B. Science and I have to basically choose a)medicine b)teaching c)lab rat.

YES

and

YES

undergrad is the new high school

i'm about to graduate... i'm going to travel and/or relocate versus 'dicking' around after the summer or fall. definitely want to work and live in other places before starting a career or going back in for grad school.

i have no clue what's up, but i have some ideas--going to see what my options are for becoming a fashion trend forecaster...or some kind of cultural/environmental impacts consulting. or i want to work for a really good/small business/boutique and learn about running such an operation. or i want to learn production-side of quality clothing to quality paper. hah. maybe even going back to school for conservation sciences and specialize in paper and binding...then work for major public and private libraries around the world.

less abstractly--or more realistically, may go back to graduate school for an MA in Public Health and PhD in medical anthropology and work somehow in the medical community/local services or international health issues/agencies.

yup...many ideas.

i'm about to graduate... i'm going to travel and/or relocate versus 'dicking' around after the summer or fall. definitely want to work and live in other places before starting a career or going back in for grad school.

i have no clue what's up, but i have some ideas--going to see what my options are for becoming a fashion trend forecaster...or some kind of cultural/environmental impacts consulting. or i want to work for a really good/small business/boutique and learn about running such an operation. or i want to learn production-side of quality clothing to quality paper. hah. maybe even going back to school for conservation sciences and specialize in paper and binding...then work for major public and private libraries around the world.

less abstractly--or more realistically, may go back to graduate school for an MA in Public Health and PhD in medical anthropology and work somehow in the medical community/local services or international health issues/agencies.

yup...many ideas.

The latter sounds quite a bit more interesting. Fashion trend forecasting sounds like some boring shit.

nothing just working like a slave and spending all my money. in my free time i travel a little.

Vacation list:

NYC, upstate NY & Washington DC trip in 2 weeks

a Lake Tahoe trip in june,

a Vegas trip comming up in July,

August is Hawaii.

try to fit in a San Francisco trip in August or November

2008 - Japan (Tokyo and most likely hit up Osaka for a day)

im graduating in may, BA in Media Criticism/Analysis from NYU.

im working part time through the summer, taking it easy.

pursuing personal projects i'd put on hold during college.

making plans to move out on my own.

for the future, i dont know- grad school, perhaps, but after at least a year.

some programs im interested require you to be 3 years out...

i am fully confident in my talents and abilities, so im not worried.

big weight off of my shoulders...

trying to become one of the most fashionable medical students in the united states of A

(hats off to you, xcoldricex)

isoform, u got the same problem i have

i have way too many diverse interests, and no way any "Regular job" would be able to handle em all

I mean i love fashion, music, design, movies, DJing , photography BLAH BLAH BLAH

but im good enough at any of em to eat off of it. Plus limited resources mean i can't persue alot of these "hobbies"

my immediate goal for the summer other than money concerns is being more social, esp with hot women. I dont want to end up 30 married to some average, fat or ugly broad..

sounds shallow but what man doesnt want to bang at least a few dozen dimepieces by the end of his life

Been in uni for 2 years and still don't know wtf I'm going into. Only thing I got going for me is a steady job that I just might quit soon. Yeah wtf.

Me, but three years. Programming at YorkU, and it's killed my interest in school, so I'm actually dropping into Seneca's graphic design course in September to get some good grades on shit that actually interests me, then hopefully going back to YU/Sheridan for their Design course. I dunno... at least I didn't have to pay for this year, Sony did (heh, long story).

Needs me a summer job too, the one I used for the past two years had some massive lay-offs and won't be taking students back this year. Probably shouldn't have bought so much shit this year.

my immediate goal for the summer other than money concerns is being more social, esp with hot women. I dont want to end up 30 married to some average, fat or ugly broad.. sounds shallow but what man doesnt want to bang at least a few dozen dimepieces by the end of his life

+1. i got my own niche of friends but i often have trouble branching out and doing the whole lets go hang out get to know each other thing (without feeling ridiculously awkward).

Just wondering what everyone was doing in terms of careers and generally life aspirations.

People say life comes down to three things : Health, Wealth, and Relationships.

Give some insight to how you are doing

I was late to graduate from my bachelors degree (Information Technology - e-business) and have entered the work force.

After 3 months, I got promoted, then after an additional 6 months, I got promoted again. If I play my cards right, in one year I can finally hit a regional managerial position.

Within the next 6 months, I will be purchasing my first home (apartment).

Health wise, I had to quit sport/exercise all together after being diagnosed with an auto immune disorder, plus I also have mild arthritis (which is rare for my age), I am slowly getting better but this is something I have to live with for the rest of my life. I also need to get surgery for a knee reconstruction.

Relationships, I met a beautiful and talent girl on my last trip to Singapore, we chat on the phone almost every day, I write to her and we are waiting for eachother.

With friends and family, I keep in touch with everyone and frequently still go clubbing.

With all the problems in life, I am happy in this moment. :o

I just wish others will have the same happiness as me.

i did a year at carleton in the journalism program but it sucked

so i quit, and now ive done nothing (literally, nothing) for over a year now. well i had a job for a couple months but now i dont. i shop a lot and get high

next year im going to ryerson for their arts and contemporary studies program. i just want to do something with my life hahahaha

I was late to graduate from my bachelors degree (Information Technology - e-business) and have entered the work force.

After 3 months, I got promoted, then after an additional 6 months, I got promoted again. If I play my cards right, in one year I can finally hit a regional managerial position.

Within the next 6 months, I will be purchasing my first home (apartment).

Health wise, I had to quit sport/exercise all together after being diagnosed with an auto immune disorder, plus I also have mild arthritis (which is rare for my age), I am slowly getting better but this is something I have to live with for the rest of my life. I also need to get surgery for a knee reconstruction.

Relationships, I met a beautiful and talent girl on my last trip to Singapore, we chat on the phone almost every day, I write to her and we are waiting for eachother.

With friends and family, I keep in touch with everyone and frequently still go clubbing.

With all the problems in life, I am happy in this moment. :o

I just wish others will have the same happiness as me.

Wow, sounds like you're just breezing through life.

+rep?

19, About to finish my A Levels. Studying Art, Film & Video (one subject) and Media. I did do Art and Design for AS but the new teacher for A2 was an absolute witch, therefore my A grade went down the shitter.

I was working behind a the bar at a local pub until January, i quit because i was making more money sitting on my arse re-selling dunks and bape hoodies to little scrotums also art such as Banksy, Beautiful Losers and Lucy Mclauchlan prints.

I live on a farm and end up bunking off college pretty much every day to go help dad do the farming and do general house work to get my parents settled in the new house. Once my A Levels are over im going to labour for a friends building company until it comes to September, then i hope to be in London taking a year out living with my sister. During that year out i hope to get my Florida Real Estate licence so i can work with my brother in 2008 onwards.

As for relationships, i cant see myself in Northampton for much longer so ive never planned to get involved with anything serious. London will hopefully be a different story

As mapped out as my life may seem, im prepared for something to come along and change everything i have planned. Only time will tell

I'm graduating in about two or three weeks and then I'm going to move to Osaka, for God know's how long. Really no idea how long I'm gonna be there but I definitely want a change of pace. I kind of like the idea of things being uncertain at this point.

Hopefully there will be some good design jobs for me when I get back.

Healthwise I do a minimum amount of work at the gym to keep myself in a minimum condition. Considering some martial arts training in Japan since that's the place to do it.

I just broke up with my gf of two years, unfortunately, and haven't really considered interests in anyone else for the time being.

I'm going to go to college next year, taking almost entirely art or art-related classes, continue smoking a lot of pot and drawing everyday, sleeping a lot, watching cheesy action movies, reading comics, and hopefully fall ass backwards into money at some point.