The WTF are u doing with your life thread

homi29

The authentication method it uses is also passive, meaning there's no ability to go in and withdraw/deposit crap after you've given it 'access.' I think it's an OAuth variant or something – http://oauth.net/about/

Just if you're interested. There's even a nifty iPHone app that I played with - but tbqh, I just type in all my receipts into a Google Docs spreadsheet when I get home and have a little pie chart set aside for how much I'm spending/earning a month. It's pretty simple, but if anybody wants a template I can PM 'em.

I still dont trust mint, and they dont hold any responsibility for your accounts getting compromised.

Mint.com Terms of Service (TOS)

The Mint.com TOS includes statements addressing liability, responsibility, and what they can do with your information. Mint.com makes money via referrals from advertising and 3rd parties. The identified statements however mean:

Intuit is not responsible for the validity, accuracy, truthfulness, consistency, or practices of 3rd parties they present to their users, including ones Intuit sponsors[2].

If you post something to the mint.com forums, Intuit can do whatever they want with it, including license it to someone else and/or make money with it[3].

If you incur some type of financial loss, identify theft, etc. as a direct result of Inuit’s site or practices, it’s not their fault, you agree to never hold them accountable, and Intuit will never owe you more than $500 as a result[4].

• 3 weeks later...
40% weighted weekly CS exams vs 25% final wtff, but you still need to pass the final with at least a C-

I can do it!

trying to keep the random thoughts thread uncluttered:

so, just got back on a saturday from a 3 hour CS final.

50 mc 1 pt/ea and 3 sa 15/15/20 pts. Need at least a 70% on final to pass course-- fuuuuu. Perfect score on MC to even perhaps have a chance?? I had a low B prior as it is (dropping lowest scores etc.)

i dont even know if the second major is worth the extra year now after this fall quarter (GPA totally messed now) -- whoops, repeat :( (first)

i applaud anyone in the CS field, my learning curve for this material is ridiculously sad

• 2 weeks later...

i recently changed jobs and its beginning to look like it was a poor choice. the company is going through a massive flux, and the guy who recommended me for the position got laid off. basically, i ended up replacing him for less money than he was making. lots of internal problems that were concealed from me are becoming painfully apparent, and I fear i'm going to have to look for a new job in the new year. this is really unfortunate as I wanted to invest at least a year in a corporate environment after coming from a small business setting.

until then, i am going to save my money and use my health insurance the fullest extent. pray for mojo.

i recently changed jobs and its beginning to look like it was a poor choice. the company is going through a massive flux, and the guy who recommended me for the position got laid off. basically, i ended up replacing him for less money than he was making. lots of internal problems that were concealed from me are becoming painfully apparent, and I fear i'm going to have to look for a new job in the new year. this is really unfortunate as I wanted to invest at least a year in a corporate environment after coming from a small business setting.

until then, i am going to save my money and use my health insurance the fullest extent. pray for mojo.

What industry?

currently looking to get an internship in a mktg agency. i swear 80% of what i learned in school is useless for this field. the majority of the entry level positions i'm scoping already "require" experience from candidates.

Marketing is a vague and valueless "industry" to begin with and nothing you'll learn in any school will be applicable to it unless there's a class on foursquare and twitter. These agencies you're looking to apply to just want someone that's current with BS lifestyle trends and has some form of office work experience.

A marketing agency. SMH. Don't anyone like money?

These agencies you're looking to apply to just want someone that's current with BS lifestyle trends and has some form of office work experience.

yeah that's what i was expecting from these types of companies... i'm also looking into some product management positions. ideally i would like to get involved in video games biz in that capacity, but i know that would be a challenge at the moment seeing as there's not a lot of publishers stationed close to Toronto.

Graduated school for Engineering in April. Still working at the same place I worked through school but got a bump in pay. (manufacturing industry). Right now im just taking some classes part time to upgrade my education and resume. Will start 'real' job searching in April.

I'm 25 a month from now, I was 18 yesterday! wtf happened?

at work- ive wasted my time working menial ass jobs like security, best buy and random temp jobs. lost my job over some bullshit and now im scurrying around looking for any openings I can find for some "financial consistency"

at school- coasted thru HS, barely made an effort even to graduate. ended up at community college doing something i had no interest and then wasted more time by just not going to class. left school for a bit, joined back and failed to remain consistent at anything, let alone bother to see where my life is heading. i sit here right now looking at an empty barrel of options with NOTHING to look fwd to. all potential, no credential.

social- been moving around the wrong circles since i moved to this shit hole since high school. pickin the wrong girls coz they close by and convenient, not to mention chilidish and easy to maniupilae.

I'm 25 a month from now, I was 18 yesterday.

it's going great for me, just got an internship in a big tv cable here. I have to finish up school next year though, and it's a pain in the ass. I'm getting used to get paid I guess...

From a social pov, I'm getting contacts here and there in the fashion industry, dunno if those really pay but hey, we'll see

yes, they do pay off and so will the internship. i didnt have any internships when i was a student since i chose to spend that time on extracurricular activities and student orgs. although i did gain extremely valuable experiences and contacts, i wish i had an internship to put on my resume because student-run groups mean shit to employers, even if it is serios business. and now it's difficult to find an internship since they prefer students over recent graduates...

but i don't mean to discourage anyone from joining or starting on-campus groups, the more involved you get, the more you get out of your tuition

im pretty happy with my situation

im in the middle of my finance degree then im starting a masters in financial engineering after that

i receive no support from parents, i pay all my bills with this $10.50/hr (and ive been working there for six years...) job at a slaughterhouse

but hard work will pay off

working on a bachelor's in chemistry. then plan to go to med, and focus in pathology.

Bit too early to decide on your specialty?

Best to keep a open mind at least until you've rotated through the major specialties.

trying to figure out what to do with a Financial Economics (BSAD) & Quantitative Management (STATS) dual B.S. degree

i read every now and then about opportunities to apply both degrees but i guess I am not understanding where to start. really want to start working within industry but torn between that and pursuing a masters/phd in statistics

Anyone with similar degrees that can shed some light? ty

• 1 month later...

@Cornell getting master's in applied statistics but if all goes well, moving to NYC in May to intern as a sell side analyst at Citigroup then starting at Columbia in the fall for a master's in financial engineering. I'm hoping :\