The WTF are u doing with your life thread

homi29

Why are all these posts so damn depressing? At least you're fucking alive.

I'm going to finish high school, go to college and if the world ends while I'm there, so be it. That would be a great place for it to happen.

I will get a job that won't be a 9 to 5, have to commute for a long ass time every day to sit in front of a computer screen and talk on phones with idiots.

Preferably a job in nature or in the middle of a giant fucking city. No middle grounds. Never get married, never have kids.

I seriously hate this "at least you are alive argument." Trying to put perspective on a personal situation with bullshit like this never works. Equally annoying is when people try to diminish your pain/feelings by comparing it to someone who led an extraordinarily terrible life and are still going on. Everyone has a different tolerance for pain and trying to put a perspective on it just doesn't really work (for me at least.) I mean sure maybe I am overreacting, but at times it really feels like my whole life is going to shit because of problems in a relationship or with my university or ambiguous/ melancholy feelings about my future. Just being alive isn't enough...

wrapping up finals... starting a new job on thursday, which I'm excited about. Seemed to have gotten the girl situation straightened out, and I'm happy every single day.

oh yeah, I'm 22 and I am only a sophomore in college. took some time off after high school and then gradually started building credits at a community college until I transferred for Fall 08 into a 4-year university. my long term plan? keep doing well in school so I can apply to UConn Law :D

and make arab money.

In a way, it's embarassing to see the people I graduated with already out in the working world (although most of them have yet to find good jobs,) but in retrospect I feel like I have had soooo much time to get my mind right (had anxiety issues all through adolescence) and finally figure out what it is I want to get into (political science/law). I feel as if this was a gift, and I finally can derive satisfaction out of my academic career.

this is good dude. i'm basically in the same boat, 23 though, sophomore... although it's my 4th straight year in college. the first two years spent at FSU not knowing really what the fuck i wanted to do, as my school's design program absolutely blew a dick. finally realized it was the program i wasn't happy with, took a shot in the dark and applied to Ringling, got accepted, and fucking loving every second of it now.

in a way it is embarassing to see some of your friends graduated and working, but i feel really accomplished getting past that "what the fuck am i doing with my life" phase while still in college, cause i think i'd really be fucked had i graduated and had a breakdown, as its much harder to go BACK to school or successfully dive into something new than to change your major or transfer schools. i know what i want to do with my life 100%, so, graduating when i'm 25 isn't so bad.

but anyway... plan is to destroy here, graduate, and land any sort of graphic design/motion/interactive job in new york, but open to san fran/LA too. i need to be in a big city.

I seriously hate this "at least you are alive argument." Trying to put perspective on a personal situation with bullshit like this never works. Equally annoying is when people try to diminish your pain/feelings by comparing it to someone who led an extraordinarily terrible life and are still going on. Everyone has a different tolerance for pain and trying to put a perspective on it just doesn't really work (for me at least.) I mean sure maybe I am overreacting, but at times it really feels like my whole life is going to shit because of problems in a relationship or with my university or ambiguous/ melancholy feelings about my future. Just being alive isn't enough...

I guess my "at least you're alive" was a bit untrue, because some people's lives are absolute shit and they might as well kill themselves. But I seriously doubt anyone is living that bad that posts on sufu. Already being in a relationship of some sort and going to college is a pretty good deal. I hate to be the optimist, but just be happy. If something in your life is not contributing to making you happy don't do it. Being happy is most of the point of life for me.

I do realize that my plans will probably change, but the question is what am I doing with my life, and that is it. Not what is happening to my life.

Why are all these posts so damn depressing? At least you're fucking alive.

I'm going to finish high school, go to college and if the world ends while I'm there, so be it. That would be a great place for it to happen.

I will get a job that won't be a 9 to 5, have to commute for a long ass time every day to sit in front of a computer screen and talk on phones with idiots.

Preferably a job in nature or in the middle of a giant fucking city. No middle grounds. Never get married, never have kids.

and tomorrow im going to win the lottery...

this is some ignorant lshit

Been frustrated lately. This is going to sound stupid but I feel like i've been letting money dictate all my career/college goals and it's wearing me thin. I passed up some good opportunities just because "that one" finance internship beckoned with its all mighty paycheck. I guess I should b happy to get any kind of opportunity in this job market but i'm frustrated at myself for not being able to see farther than one step down the path. Trying to loosen up and look at the big picture. Its hard though when there's bills to pay and not enough time to really explore what you want to do in life.

• 2 weeks later...

graduating undergrad college this may...

im one of the lucky ones that got a job offer at a large bank...ill be working in the private equity division of this bank for couple yrs. then i dunno.

ultimately, i want to have a business to call my own. maybe become a fund manager or a Venture capitalist.

for those graduating and no job offer in sight....dont despair since it is the low end of the economic cycle. find someting in your life that you can demonstrate excellence to future employers. Triumph over adversity is way more impressive than getting lucky with a job offer.

i'm a business student stuck in school, barely making it through on a daily basis. i'm getting average grades that wouldn't assure me a place in a local university which is subsidized by the Government here. and i hate accounting... i feel rather useless for the last 2 years being stuck in this predicament. i hate school!!!!!!

and i wish to travel the world more!

no fucking idea.. went to college right out of highschool and changed what I wanted to do for the next 3 years.. got addicted to drugs in the meantime. got help for that.. now I'm 10 months clean and I'm still not sure what I want to do.. I love fashion but I live in Oklahoma and for the most part, fashion is not alive here whatsoever.. as you can imagine. The University of Oklahoma doesnt even have any degrees that have anything to do with it.

I had this semi-coherent conversation with Carl, and it's knowing that nobody knows what the fuck is going on. The only thing I'm concerned with now is drinking enough water on a daily basis, and watching the entire series of Six Feet Under.

Guest on-display

I'm a typical college student questioning what the fuck I want to do with my life. Semester starts tomorrow and hoping to impress my new classmates with my jawns so they'll invite me to a party ughhh

my life has been spiraling downhill over the last 6 months... broke up with my gf of 2 years (this was actually a positive thing), my "friends" all got hooked on drugs and I stopped hanging out with them all, and I hate my job and constantly plan on how I could set my building on fire w/o getting caught.

I'm on the last day of vacation and have decided to quit and move to Seattle within the next month. I have enough money to live off for 5-6 months, a finance degree, and have come to realize that it cant get much worse than it is now, so I'm off on a life adventure.

I am currently surrounded by things that I have to sell, and if I were to sell them, I would feel financially stable until work resumes in May (when I'm done with school). Simultaneously, I should be working more on my transfer applications, but instead, I'm trying to sell these things before I return to school on the 17th to endure another semester.

Skistar - go for the adventure dude. Meet new people, new women. Maybe consider grad school?

man, this is all I think about these days. I fucked around too much in college this year (architecture) to make it through to 2nd year architecture in my college, but got offered Interior Architecture.

buuuut i'm still waiting to hear back from the other college offering architecture that i applied to and seriously... fuck interior arch anyway.

so if i dont make it in there im basically gonna have nothing to do until i can reapply with a better portfolio for 2010. at least i'll be able to afford nicer jawns i guess

The spring semester starts tomorrow. I want to transfer, yet I have very little idea where. I have not even began filling out applications. I actually was contemplating not returning for this semester. I'll probably end up dropping several classes, go fishing everyday and blaze a ton...even though I did that last semester with the same amount of credits I am starting with this semester. I just want to sort things out and find what I really want to do.