Hats: Modern Classics

Servo2000

Sort of an obtuse thread title. I figured this would be a decent place to post hats people like / want / have that aren't of the "SUPREME 5-Panel Box Cap" variety. Frankly, I don't know shit about hats, so I just grabbed some from some recent designers collections. Shitty photos, at that.

picture9mb8.png

From newdandyism preview.

00040mtb7.jpg

Dior Homme

Same hat, different colors. Left out "The Doherty" because I hate looking at his face.

96123282tr4.jpg

CdG

For when you need a hat that fucking sparkles.

33ud3.jpg

Lanvin

Costs about as much as a nice dinner might, except every day for like half a year.

This thread is also a very shallow excuse for someone to find me a goddamn hat. I fucking love that new dandyism one, just wish the brim was firmer.

I've got a couple of vintage Stetsons, my personal preference for fedoras, I'll post pics tommorrow. As for MODERN classics? The fitted baseball cap, of course.

What can I say, I have a penchant for obnoxious wordplay. Let's leave the fitteds out of this one, eh?

If I could pull off a fedora, I definitely would, but there's been something of a shitty-fedora renaissance here in So. Cal. It's painful, and I don't want to encourage anyone.

What can I say, I have a penchant for obnoxious wordplay. Let's leave the fitteds out of this one, eh?

If I could pull off a fedora, I definitely would, but there's been something of a shitty-fedora renaissance here in So. Cal. It's painful, and I don't want to encourage anyone.

yeah servo, i seen it too. The weekly street fair in Ocean Beach has this stand that sells some pretty interesting looking fedoras but like you said everyone in so cal seems to have them.

I don't know how to wear a hat. I put it on my head, then my hair poofs out and my ears look silly. HOW DO I DO IT? HELP ME?

Cut off all your hair, that's what I'm doing:

fourda5.jpg

I've always had longer hair, hats have never worked for me, either.

I don't know if you guys have noticed yet, but I like Raf Simons. I bet his hypothetical hats would be amazing.

Still Life NYC

Still Life hats are handcrafted right here in New York City in small quantities to ensure keen attention to detail. Made for those in search of that perfect accessory for their head piece, these gems are designed for versatility and functionality. Worn by men and women, every piece is an extension of a unique creative vision. Taking inspiration from a myriad of sources, each piece captures the essence of a classic form with a modern twist. Revamping the hat industry with fresh new styles, Still Life's Flagship Store opened doors in September 2006, in the heart of the Lower East Side.

i89xu7.jpg

i90sz6.jpg

i77ux8.jpg

Servo, I love StillLife... I've got 3 hats made by them. But I haven't been able to check out their store since they opened in the LES.

Another vote for StillLife here... I've got a wool Wetherby from a couple seasons back that has been my faithful companion 3 outta 4 seasons of the year... hope to get something lighter-weight for this summer from them. Might be a challenge, as I'm actually trying to grow my hair out. Also, I like too many different models...

The baseball cap is the source of casual cheapness and ugliness.

I found this posted on The Sartorialist today to be a fairly classy way to wear a baseball cap.

blkhatmq9.jpg

I find the plain black cap works quite well in this look, and it certainly would not were it logoed in essentially any manner. Might have to try and find a plain black cap, now that I think about it.