Shops that are an absolute must in NYC?

Tequila

...when time is of the essence (limited schedule), and this will be my first time in there.

Let's say...a TOP 5 to 10? For clothes and sneakers. Not stuff like "Gucci flagstore" though, more streetwear - but "superfuture" stuff, not hip hop.

Flight Club NY, DQM, Alife...? Is Century21 worth it?

Thanks!

...when time is of the essence (limited schedule), and this will be my first time in there.

Let's say...a TOP 5 to 10? For clothes and sneakers. Not stuff like "Gucci flagstore" though, more streetwear - but "superfuture" stuff, not hip hop.

Flight Club NY, DQM, Alife...? Is Century21 worth it?

Thanks!

Bump for u, i have the same questions

Mmm being that I plan on going to NY for a weekend later this summer, here is my list so far:

Supreme

Union

Dior Homme

Uniqlo

Random shops on Green St (Soho)

Nom de Guerre...if anything's on sale

A.P.C (in Soho)

Steven Alan

Marc Jacobs

Blue in Green

Stussy/Head Porter

Just look at the shops listed on the front page of www.superfuture.com

flight club is a cool place to check out but

you won't be able to afford anything there (unless you are a super-ballin).

i like famous friends

Yeah I know there's a huge list of shops on the sf front page, but I asked because I don't have the time to spend, I need to know the places I absolutely should check out.

Uniqlo, NdQ, BiG, Union, maybe APC, ok.

Dior Homme - wish I could afford, same goes for others such as Marc Jacobs.

what's century 21?

i'm going in a few weeks, here's my list:

dior

apc

uniqlo

big

supreme

h&m

why go to H&M if yer already going to uniqlo?

opening ceremony was worth it and along the way if you get off at the Canal metro stop near b'way and start SoHo from the bottom up.

hus a scandinavian store was pretty good as well, all scandinavian brands for reasonable/typical prices nothing jacked up, and great service--if yer in the neighborhood (~NYU)--why not?

apc in soho is along the same street as 45rpm if i remember correctly--both were good and 45rpm was something else when you entered...

BiG is an obvious must-see and cloak (by opening ceremony) is pretty much right next door...

Shit if your gonna be in the soho area check out the stussy headporter store you can get in and outta there in like 10 min its real small but you might find something.

Actually i just found an awesome one in bannana republic super good fit and like 70% off. You can also try h&m i know they always have some that are a decent cut

I'm in nyc NOW. Planning on doing the "shopping tour" tomorrow, Wednesday. Tried going to co-op today but they had some lame party. I think I'll head for the soho area, most of the good shops seem to be in there... And yeah, as long as they're in the same area, that's no prob obviously.

• 2 months later...
bump....so how was the nyc shopping tour? any suggestions for someone going in september?[/quote ................................................number nine in tribeca, atelier in noho ,odin (ev/nolita),famous friends, 7ny, jeffrey,cloak (but closing this month) reedspace,bblessing (les), tokio 7(ev), ndg (bleecker),mj shops, ina men........