Church's Shoes

gimmegimme

Does anyone have any experience with Church's shoe-sizing? On some websites it says you should go down 1/2 size from your US size, and other say a full size. :confused:

I tried on a pair of Church's in an 8.5 (I normally wear a 9 US), and the heel slipped when I walked...other than that they felt fine. The sales guy got annoyed with me because that was the 3rd pair he brought out for me (at no fault of my own) and said that an 8 would be too small and the heel slipping would stop once they were broken in. Any thoughts?

I'm also curious if anyone has an opinion on the quality since Prada took over. I've tried doing the research on styleforum & askandy, but the guys there seem to get all in a huff if you mention Church's, and only suggest other brands. :mad:

I own a pair of Jil Sander by Church's and the quality is definitely good. The leather is very stiff and the construction is good. I'm not a huge dress shoe expert, but you can't go wrong with them. As for sizing, I have no idea what size my pair is, but I can check when I get back home.

Does anyone have any experience with Church's shoe-sizing? On some websites it says you should go down 1/2 size from your US size, and other say a full size. :confused:

I tried on a pair of Church's in an 8.5 (I normally wear a 9 US), and the heel slipped when I walked...other than that they felt fine. The sales guy got annoyed with me because that was the 3rd pair he brought out for me (at no fault of my own) and said that an 8 would be too small and the heel slipping would stop once they were broken in. Any thoughts?

I'm also curious if anyone has an opinion on the quality since Prada took over. I've tried doing the research on styleforum & askandy, but the guys there seem to get all in a huff if you mention Church's, and only suggest other brands. :mad:

English shoe sizing is usually 0.75 bigger than tagged, brand particularities notwistanding....

Im from Northampton UK, I live about 10 minutes away from Churchs, around this time of the year they have a factory sale, absolute bargains if you get there early, i'll pm you if i hear about the sale

My Dad's a UK8 and im usually a UK9, his 8's fit me nicely, slightly on the snug side though.

I just spoke to my Dad and he said the factory sale is on now. Most shoes are factory B-Grades/Rejects but as im sure you know, Churchs have an incredibly high standard so the B-Grades only have very minor imperfections.

Im not sure how much they run in store, in the factory store the Suede Chukkas sell for £150. Apparently the B-Grades never really go below £90.

Here are his Suede Chukkas. Please excuse the dust on them, theres a lot of work going on in the house

Picture-3.jpg

Those are really nice! How does suede hold up in british weather? We have similar climates for much of the year...I'm scared of suede.

The stores here that carry Church's stick with the "old man" styles/colours, so our selection is very limited. One store here caters to the more fashion-conscious buyer, but they only get 2 or 3 styles. I was told a Church's rep was here this past weekend with more styles...but I missed him. :(

Theyre pretty durable and dont seem to be effected by the rain too much. Snow is the only real thread i guess. That might be a big problem for you living in Canada..

I'll probably pop by the factory tommorow, i'll try and remember to take my camera so i can get some pics for you, also some prices. If i dont get to go its probably because Dads dragged me out to do fencposting or some crap. ha!

I'll update you tommorow!

Thanks! I just received my pair from Herring (Chetwynd in Tobacco). They're a bit more snug than the shoes I'm wearing currently, but I think they'll break in nicely. Now I have to decide if I want to get rubber slip-protectors put on the soles (I think you call them Toppy's in tlhe UK...something like that).