MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

my current macbook right now hardly holds a charge and is slowly dying plus the 13 inch screen is too tiny since watching movies and internet surfing is my primary usage.

I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be worth it to get a refurbished 17 inch mbp and if anyone knew how long the battery last while watching movies.

I'd really like the new mbp but i can afford a 2700 dollar laptop.

Has anyone used the student discount in 2008?

If so, what does it come with? A free iPod touch?

I'm thinking of that for college.

oh yeah. I got about £300 ($430) off my macbook pro. I didnt even bother paying for warrenty because this is the 3rd apple computer ive had and I never had a problem with any of them.

my current macbook right now hardly holds a charge and is slowly dying plus the 13 inch screen is too tiny since watching movies and internet surfing is my primary usage.

I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be worth it to get a refurbished 17 inch mbp and if anyone knew how long the battery last while watching movies.

I'd really like the new mbp but i can afford a 2700 dollar laptop.

If you can take it to an apple store, if you have applecare they'll give you a new one.

i want to sell my macbook to get a pro (not the new one i don't like them), since i don't move it much now that i have an eeepc... but i need to clean it first and don't know how. shit's so dirty i tried everything and it didn't work...

it's not that my hands are dirty (i wash them like 10 times a day), but the plastic is like discolorating from the heat or something like that.

img2684.jpg

I have never heard of anyone owning a mac and not loving it, myself included. I am in college and everyone with PC's are always shitty at their laptops not working.

the last few generations of laptops have had tons of hardware problems actually. one obvious one is that every single 8600 graphics card was faulty, and there's tons more

now there's some issues with the displayport on the newest revision

also just the fact that every white macbook turns yellow after a year or two is ridiculous to be honest

i want to sell my macbook to get a pro (not the new one i don't like them), since i don't move it much now that i have an eeepc... but i need to clean it first and don't know how. shit's so dirty i tried everything and it didn't work...

it's not that my hands are dirty (i wash them like 10 times a day), but the plastic is like discolorating from the heat or something like that.

img2684.jpg

That's really discolored. Applecare will replace it for free if you have it, or take it to an apple store and see if they'll replace it for free or how much it will cost. Mr. Clean magic erasers work on the white http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/products/eraser.shtml

i used to have apple care for 2 years but the discoloration wasn't that bad and i forgot to have it exchanged while i was on summer holiday... i'll go to the apple shop and see what i can do.

i tried something like mr clean gums but it didn't really work. although it was among the only product that did something.

also the other side is kinda trashed (shouldn't have lend it to a friend, was immaculate before)

09032009001.jpg

i find it very stupid myself (and never used mine either). i forgot my macbook at a friend after a party for a whole week end. he asked if he could do some removable harmless embellishment and here's what i got... and i don't have the proper solvent to remove all of this safely.