MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

i'm rocking a logitec mouse that came with my old dell

im not a big fan of the mighty mouse. the track ball (?) no longer rolls sideways and it's fucking impossible to click anything.

as far as i can tell, there are no decent mice that go with the apple colorscheme and functional (targus makes one but it reeks of peasantness)

i bought a razer mouse about 4 years ago when i still played games and its been perfect ever since. it works on every possible surface including bedsheets, jeans, glass, wood, polished metal, etc. a worthy investment. i dont like wireless mice.

not that good looking and the blue lights are kind of gaudy but oh well

razer-diamondback.jpg

starck made a mouse once but it was ugly and sucked

depends what kinda work your gonna do really.

with what i do i dont think a MB is powerful enough to run the CAD programs i use.

so i got a MBP

but if your just a regular college student. who needs some word processing and dl music and stuff. I think a MB is good enough.

unless you feel like stunting

I go to art school and I got a MBP because I have to do a lot of photoshop and stuff, also the 13" resolution gives me a headache after a while I just barely have to squint at it and it bothers me. was for total desktop replacement though, if you had a desktop probably a regular mb is fine, one of the new ones would probably be sufficient with just an external monitor at home to use.

@ revoked: buy it

That's what I'm gonna feel like when this September hits.

I'm most likely gonna go with 15in. MBP. And yeah, I'm just gonna be a regular college user, but it's for sure that I'll be using it for Photoshop, editing music, etc.

Yeah, go with the MBP. I started off with the regular mb 13" but traded up... 13" is way too small unless you're also bringing an external monitor or a desktop.

I do miss the portability, though.

Would you guys recommend a MBP for college?

I see someone posted the discount. Are there any other good deals? And which MB/P do you suggest?

Best deal is waiting for a new model to be released, then going to the Apple Store online and grabbing the previous version for a decent markdown. They are possibly "refurbished" machines, but they are still covered by the 1yr limited warranty and are eligible for the 3yr AppleCare Protection Plan just in case you're worried about them being a less reliable computer.

For the MBP line, if you're not majoring in a creative art, just get the standard one (2.4 now, but it'll be different this summer), and buy 3rd party RAM for cheap to make it faster when you feel like it's slowing up.

i REALLY need a software hookup, guys. getting desperate... i wish i had the chedda to buy legit, but just not in that position right now.

YOU might be on probation, but i bet tons of girls you know at school arent.

get them to dl the torrent for you.

cake, unless you got no friends.

i have a 2 and a half years old dell e1705. it runs fine but is extremely annoying to use (battery doesnt work, pretty slow, not portable at all). i really want a macbook but am worried that apple will come out with a new laptop any day. should i wait?

macbooks keep a pretty good resale value so if you're really worried about a new one coming along then why not buy one and when the new ones come out you sell your old one on ebay? durrrr