MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

I just use bootcamp, i'm pretty sure it comes automatically with osx... either that or its free from apple.com i forget which.

i installed tinyXP instead of a full windows installation and had some complications but if you have a windows CD bootcamp is super easy,

its not the most convenient for transferring things between the OSX and windows partitions

• 1 month later...
why wont my mbp sleep when the lid is closed? I didnt change any settings

I would LOVE to get my MB to NOT sleep when i close the lid, but i don't think it's possible.

it should be. you can set it to do nothing when closing the lid.

Last couple of times i checked there was no way to do this.

I would LOVE to get my MB to NOT sleep when i close the lid, but i don't think it's possible.

I use this insomniax

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/22211

only problem is your macbook might overheat if you're running a disk\cpu intensive app in the background.

What is the word on new updates to the MBP? I'm looking into getting a new laptop for school, avid PC guy but think I am going to make the switch to the Mac pretty soon. I wanted to get a laptop now, but I'm waiting to see if anything comes out..

Does anybody know if there is going to be a new update to the mbp anytime soon? Im probably going to wait until after the new year to get a laptop, though I do need one right now pretty bad.

Any word on a quad core?? :D

just turn off the sound and set the screen brightness to 0, and leave it open. no need for a program.

That wouldn't work..

I travel quite a bit and would like to play music on my headphones from music that's on my Macbook but put the macbook in the magazine holder or on the ground during a flight/train/bus.

problems i'm having with my macbook (13" 2.0ghz from June 06)

- cracked edges

- mouse button registers as double click very often

- backlight sometimes doesnt work after waking up

- cd drive has trouble inserting discs

- sometimes it thinks headphones are still in after i take them out

- one usb port doesnt recognize my iphone

do you think apple will hook it up with a deal on a new MBP if i come in and ask them to repair mine?

any iphone rumours? hopefully something come february..

iphones are always announced at the end of june - they have been for the past 3 years, and why would apple be anything but inconsistent?

im guessing there will be a spec bump on macbook pros early-mid next year (hopefully including core i5 at the high end). i believe intel is dropping the mobile core i5 in january so it would make sense.

i've had my macbook pro for 2 years and a bit now, and i plan to keep it another 1.5 or something. all these new models look hot but mine is still perfectly fine really. got the battery replaced for free a few months ago and i plan to do that again shortly before applecare runs out.

problem on my may 06 macbook:

-screen doesn't work anymore (so i sold the battery)

-i removed the dvd player and couldn't get it back

-trackpad is alright but you can't click

-i lost all the screws so there's tape all around

works fine otherwise.............

yes. iphone4 is due to release during june next year. heard its gonna have a whole new look. maybe smaller and slimmer in size.

And for the laptop batches, most probably a touch screen will be introduced.

iphones are always announced at the end of june - they have been for the past 3 years, and why would apple be anything but inconsistent?

broke the screen on my macbook pro. shit is out of warranty ugh.

I guess I'll wait for the apple tablet and just use my work mbp for now...

unless you guys think fixing the lcd is cheap (prob not)

well my friend brought an out of warranty mbp to apple with a broken lcd screen. he told them he carries his mbp in his bag and that a laptop is a laptop- it's made to be carried around and it should be resistent enough to resist a small shock. he got his lcd replaced for free. i guess you could try that, you can just tell them your laptop got a small shock but that you were surprised it would break so easily.

Yea. One trick you could do, keep pestering the service guys about your issue. question them like "i thought mac are made to be more durable than others, i paid so much and this is the kind of quality i get?" smth like that, if you're lucky enough, they could repair for you for free even if you're out of warranty,

I had a friend who called ACPP everyday and rat about the problems. They ended up replacing a new MBP for him.

well my friend brought an out of warranty mbp to apple with a broken lcd screen. he told them he carries his mbp in his bag and that a laptop is a laptop- it's made to be carried around and it should be resistent enough to resist a small shock. he got his lcd replaced for free. i guess you could try that, you can just tell them your laptop got a small shock but that you were surprised it would break so easily.