MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

what else can quicksilver do besides open programs? cuz its easier to just click on the dock icon. i installed the itunes plugin but it doesnt work very well. looks nice though

I use custom search bookmarks... basically I browse the web with hotkeys and can search from sites like youtube, imdb, amazon, etc. etc. straight from quicksilver with a bookmark.

I understand quicksilver is awsome seems like it could potentially do nealry anything, but in leopard i don't use it for anything that spotlight can't do

As great as spotlight is for documents, quicksilver is way faster and lighter. "View All" for Spotlight in Leopard just loses it for me...

Nah I work in Jersey down in the Promenade if you've ever been around there. I know a few of the people from KoP though. I did a recruiting fair with their manager about a month ago, good times.

For the record I should probably state that I'm still in training, but am looking to be the first genius put on for a new store in cherry hill, nj.

Good luck and hope you don't get sick of it! Do they still fly you out to Infinity Loop? That's the best part ;)

Good luck and hope you don't get sick of it! Do they still fly you out to Infinity Loop? That's the best part ;)

Everyone gets sick of it eventually, but its a good job for while I'm still in school. And yeah, Geniuses spend two weeks out at Cupertino once they've completed the initial training for certification all on their tab. They also give you a giant beer party at the end of it all too haha. I was hoping that they'd send me out over winter break so I could rent a car and head to the Self Edge party but it looks like it'll have to be some other time :(

Though there have been plenty of rumors going around for years now, it looks like this january apple's coming out with a more portable, aluminum macbook, or something of that sort. If youre thinking about buying a macbook, i'd wait for january. if it doesnt come out then i guess go and buy a regular macbook then.

and i have a macbook right now and it's great. the only thing i hate is the nasty yellow shit that gets below the keyboard on the palm rest. Real nasty. Anyway, i really abuse mine and it takes hits pretty well. Nice lil thing, i just wish it didnt have that plastic defect...it could be lighter too i guess

Hey all, time to let you all in on some little secrets to keep your macs running sweety.

I hear so often "I just bought a mac and now its slow - I should have kept my PC"...

The reason why your mac slows down is all the great new apps you have put on there. The mac architecture is very precise and you need to let your mac know you have added new apps or it gets confused and slows down badly.

Do this:

1. Download MainMenu here http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17111

2. Install it and it places a small button top right of your Finder bar

3. Under Rebuild choose Update prebindings

This reconnects you architecture up with all your new bits and speeds you up.

Then, once a month run the rest of the MainMenu options and you should be sweet.

holy crap my macbook is faster than when i first got it...

Everyone should do this..

Got my charger replaced for free, and updated the firmware on the battery. Also downloaded that main menu program and it seems to work well, my Macbook is running a little faster .. but I wouldn't say as good as new again.

My bluetooth is still fucked up though. Has anybody else here have problems with their bluetooth not working?

How many of you MB owners have AppleCare? For $259/3yrs. is it really worth it? Please elaborate..

Its $249 but if you know or are a student you can get it for $183. It's absolutely worth it, the parts are REALLY expensive to replace outside the one year warranty, not to mention labor. Off the top of my head I can't recall one repair outside of warranty that would cost LESS than either of those amounts.

My bluetooth is still fucked up though. Has anybody else here have problems with their bluetooth not working?

Talking with the Apple shop employee last week, they told me that most of the macbook returns were because of electrical disrupt (don't know how to say it), sometimes the isight, bluetooth, keyboard... Sometimes mine displays a green image in case of the isight image. And it's out of warranty. I hope it'll stay alive the longuer as possible...

Its $249 but if you know or are a student you can get it for $183. It's absolutely worth it, the parts are REALLY expensive to replace outside the one year warranty, not to mention labor. Off the top of my head I can't recall one repair outside of warranty that would cost LESS than either of those amounts.

The last thing you want to hear from your Genius when you're getting a quote is "sorry you don't have Applecare" and "this is a level-2 repair". :D

The last thing you want to hear from your Genius when you're getting a quote is "sorry you don't have Applecare" and "this is a level-2 repair". :D

Unless you have a dope William Gibson L-B2 that you're willing to trade off!

give me a level fuckin 10 repair by sending me a new one. had my imac for less than a month and kept turning off by itself..had to lug the damn big thing all the way to apple store and be without a comp for 10 days.

Did you not do your firmware updates then stomp into the store and insist without an appointment that your computer be looked at? The only other reason would be that they had to order parts because no repair takes that long in store unless they need to order the parts.

I really like mine. You can get the refurbished ones off the mac website for damn good prices... and the guys that work there really help. I told one of the guys what I was looking for and he would send me an email/hold it when a similar one came in. Only complaint I have is that the speakers on it fucking suck.

Guest Goose25
This Mac update Main Menu program put all of these weird files and folders on my hard drive and desktop what are they?

Hmmm... if you are getting files saved to the desktop sounds like your system is trying to save itself from dying - reinstall the OS I would say