MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/

aLH0ul.jpg

damn, haven't been this excited about a new mac in a while... instacop for sure

mainly cuz of retina of course, 2880x1800 is a graphic designers wet dream...

I also like how they're starting to become less proprietary and more universal with the HDMI and USB3 and whatnot, good shittt

Edited by jebeebus

Updated all my desktops and laptops to Lion last week, noticed that now the calculator which i use literally 50 times a day very quickly clears itself when you leave the dashboard.

Please tell me there's a way to fix this, why would apple change functionality of something so basic and used in one way for years?

• 3 weeks later...

cosign on the rain design. it's kinda expensive...

-edit- it's only like 65 bucks

Edited by herpsky

• 1 month later...

Im planning on going back to school next year and I am on the hunt for a macbook (my first one)

Reading reviews I am eaning more towards the Macbook Air 13inch 2012

Good choice? Should the i5/4GB/128GB base model suffice for the next few years of school or should I bump up the RAM or even go for the higher model with the 256 SSD?

What config should I go? Ill mainly be using it for browsing/school stuff/apps and maybe photo storage/light-tweaking or even a game or two

So far I already have a portable harddrive with my movies/TV shows which takes up the main bulk of my storage and I have a gaming PC too. On top of that I also have an iPod classic which I guess i could connect to the MBA if I wanted to listen to music

Should I just go for the base model or will I just end up regretting it? OR even still should I just go for the Macbook Pro?

^ i always avoid base models. in fact, i nearly always fully spec my macs for longevity. i'm still using my late '09 17" without problem for this reason; no plans on upgrading within the year, either. remember, these aren't pcs - for the most part, they're built to last.

Im planning on going back to school next year and I am on the hunt for a macbook (my first one)

Reading reviews I am eaning more towards the Macbook Air 13inch 2012

I'm a first time mac user, I got the MBP 2012 13" two months ago and it has been an incredible pain. While it looks better than any other computer I have used and its mega user friendly, I have had the worst experience with cold crashes lately.

It freezes at least 5 times a day, can't play any video games, and I can hardly use any software that uses more memory than itunes. I tried upgrading to Mountain Lion and it froze over about 20 times during installation. I had to use a friend's time machine back up to reboot.

My situation is even more fucked cos I'm in Nigeria and there is no apple stores here.

I suggest you buy an older macbook pro version or do more research into the 2012 models.

yeah, that's really not normal, i also have a new 13" MBP that i updated to mountain lion and it's been great so far, i upgraded to 8gb of ram, but i can run tons of program at the same time (and memory intensive programs too) and everything is smooth. i feel for you though, nigeria is quite far from the nearest genius bar...

Edited by Kasper

• 3 weeks later...

If your mac freezes that much, you have a problem. I'm running the older 15 inch, and it works perfectly even after like 2 years of owning it.

I have a black macbook (2008) that my parents bought new and I have used heavily as a CS major and with over 300gb of music and massive amounts of downloading, photoshop and the thing still runs amazing. I have never had a single issue with it never taken it into the apple store once and never upgraded or changed any parts. In that time my parents have gone through 2-3 windows PCs a piece. So apple definitely has my brand loyalty. My brother has the same computer from the same year also with no issues and flawless performance though he hardly uses anything but chrome and word.