MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

not sure if this is the right thread but cant find a general apple thread..

I have a late 2009 imac and am thinking of maxing out the ram to 16gb. has anyone else done that? when i look on crucial they dont seem to make packages for 16gb. do I just buy two sets of 8gb? none of the apple literature seems to be clear about it.. TIA

not sure if this is the right thread but cant find a general apple thread..

I have a late 2009 imac and am thinking of maxing out the ram to 16gb. has anyone else done that? when i look on crucial they dont seem to make packages for 16gb. do I just buy two sets of 8gb? none of the apple literature seems to be clear about it.. TIA

I'm pretty sure there are 4 ram slots so you would use 4x4gb.

anyone use bowtie with their itunes?

i just upgraded to lion (10.7.1) and album artwork isnt showing anymore even though it shows in itunes and was fine before the upgrade :/

found an update which supposedly fixes the issue, installed it and it seems to work pretty well but now i have two notifiers on the desktop and i cant get rid of the old one... how to get rid??

• 2 weeks later...

I use the 'BetterSource' and 'View Style Sheets' Safari Extensions

but not as much as Safari's Developer window. Just turn that on the Preferences and you can right-click on any object and 'Inspect Element' and it's like Firebug. I like Safari/Safari's Develop window more than Firefox/Firebug, but mostly cause I'm just used to it.

As I design sites I find that most sites look better on Safari imo, but probably just because I design for Safari initially atleast because that's what I check shit with.

at work we tell mac users to use firefox (I would uninstall safari if I could) because it works better in general, and is WAY more supported with medical web applications. I have AJAX WYSIWYG text editors that work perfectly in firefox but won't even render in safari. :(

at work we tell mac users to use firefox (I would uninstall safari if I could) because it works better in general, and is WAY more supported with medical web applications. I have AJAX WYSIWYG text editors that work perfectly in firefox but won't even render in safari. :(

true enough, there are some non html/css elements that have me open another browser cause safari doesnt like them, but not something I encounter often

To any of you who (like me) are nervous to use chrome due to the google connection, try chromium:

http://www.chromium.org/

Chrome is actually based upon an open source browser called chromium. They're identical except that chromium is updated more often (read: more bug fixes more quickly) and has nothing to do with google. Also doesn't come bundled with a few plugins like java, flash or a PDF viewer inline. All of which can be easily enough corrected.

I use chromium and love it