MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

i heard some rumors that new laptops might show up tomorrow. nothing solid so i wouldn't hold my breath. i hear the ipad might come out on march 23 and since I doubt apple would want ipad and macbooks to come out on the same day, tomorrow or next week launch is possible.

you have to use adobe's own photoshop flusher, which cleans your computer from any adobe thing. then you install it with the home.host tweak which is quite simple so that it doesn't call home and install the trial again with a serial from serialbox or knc and it lasts forever. send me a pm if you need some links for full explanation.

hey guys im about to fucking explode

ive been trying to connect my mbp to my sharp lcd with the mini display port to hdmi and a mini stereo jack for audio. the audio works and my comp recognizes the tv but it stays black :-/... Any suggestions?

what cable did you use for sound?

thats true. he might need to adjust the resolution.

which os also makes a difference. there were some problems under 10.5 so i recommend running the updates. also only 10.6 supports 1080p.

since the mac recognizes the tv, it has to be only minor setting change and he's good to go.

does anyone have experience with wireless networks, and no internet on macs?

New work place has some shitty setup with a modem, plugged into a router, plugged in to a wireless router, I can detect and join the network, access shared files etc, but no matter what I do, I cant get internet on it. There's a few PCs in the office, that all get internet? Someone at work said it might have something to do with HEX KEY2 settings or some shit? Any ideas?

also, still no word on new macbook pros?

does anyone have experience with wireless networks, and no internet on macs?

New work place has some shitty setup with a modem, plugged into a router, plugged in to a wireless router, I can detect and join the network, access shared files etc, but no matter what I do, I cant get internet on it. There's a few PCs in the office, that all get internet? Someone at work said it might have something to do with HEX KEY2 settings or some shit? Any ideas?

also, still no word on new macbook pros?

Ugh why would they do that? I've always had success going modem>>router>>hub and have never heard of anyone putting a hub before the router. Just seems a bit silly. So I assume you can connect to the internet fine in other locations? Is it a WEP password, because that's the only instance where I've run into issues w/ hex keys in a multiplatform setting (where PCs worked and Macs didn't). I would toggle airport off/on, then make sure that TCP/IP is set to use DCHP and automatic in Network preference. Renew the lease. Just make sure there aren't any funky settings in Network Preferences or in your browser of choice. These suggestions might seem really elementary, but I'm not sure what all you've done to troubleshoot it.

thanks for the help, yeah the setup is totally balls, but they wont let me fuck with it, as it works on all other computers.

Yeah it is a WEP password. I've tried doing both manual and auto DCHP setups, with no success. On auto I always get given an IP starting in 169, which I've heard is never a good thing. When I plug an ethernet cable in, I get 192.168... but manually entering that gave me no love. I'm basically trying to convine them to just pay some money on a decent modem/router/wireless combination, that will be suitable for a small business... any recs?

If you've done all your software updates (mainly just any OS or airport updates) then I would be pretty confident that the issue is with the router and not your computer. The 169 ip mean your computer has given itself a self-assigned ip address because you are not correctly connecting to the server to receive a valid address. From what you've said I would think this is because of one of two things:

1. Is the wep password 5 or 13 letters? If not read this kb article, explaining why you probably can't connect. Basically if this password is a different character length, your computer is translating it incorrectly. You can try typing the hex key in directly (there's a security option for WEP 40/128bit hex instead of just WEP password), but the one time I ran into this problem I just fixed it by changing the password to WPA in the router's configuration. There' s really no reason to continue using WEP passwords.

2. I would think that by plugging the wireless router into the router instead of the modem, it would limit the number of ip addresses available to those on the wireless network. My buddy disagrees though and has set up networks like this so maybe I'm overthinking it. But to me, it seems like there's a possibility that other computers are just outcompeting you for a valid ip address. If both network cards send out a request to the server, one will get it and the other will get the self-assigned ip adress. Makes sense to me, doesn't to my friend (we're both Net+ but he actually works directly in the industry). We both agree that option 1 is your best bet.

Sorry for droning on and on. I've got a head cold so I'm not too concise. Basically 1. software updates 2. change the WEP password to 5 or 13 characters (this has worked for me in the past) 3. reset/ power cycle the hub and wireless router 4. mercilessly mock whoever set this network up

In windows when you highlight over a bunch of files and right click to properties and it tells you how big those 6 files are. How do you do this in Mac? Whenever I highlight over items I want to drag into my flashdrive it just says 6 items selected but I am not sure if it will fit on my flashdrive because it doesn't tell me how big those 6 files are combined. Help please?