1 day in Paris

Jay1882

Hello,

So, I'll be in Paris for just 6 hours on Wedensday and I'm planning on stocking up on essentials at APC. I'd really appreciate tips on any other shops worth a peep in the same area. Also, somewhere to get a bite to eat nearby - I'll be on my own, so I'm not looking for anywhere too flash, just a cool spot to grab a snack and people-watch. (Please also bear in mind that my French is pretty rudimentary to say the least!).

Once the shopping is done, does anyone have any advice on a cool area to just relax and kill a bit of time - I'm seen the forecast is pretty good for Wednesday, so I'd probably rather not be stuck in a museum. I've visited the obvious tourist attracrions in the past - so I'm just looking for a bit of insider knowledge on what and where's hot right now.

Huge thanks in advance....

There are two APC stores, one is rue de fleurus right next to the fabulous luxembourg garden, it's in the latin quarter, so very very relaxed and charmy. in the same area you could go check out Le Bon Marche, my favorite department store, there you can find Dior Homme, Miumiu, great footwear selection... you could then check out the adjascent Grande Epicerie, a luxury food market, they have an eating section there as well.

The other APC store is in the trendy "marais" area, here you will find a lot of young designers, interior shops, high-end vintage, American Apparel, Muji... a lot of cool bars, restaurants and art galleries. Mainly hipsters and a gay scene, pretty much a very different experience from conservative rive gauche..

6 hours will probably not give you enough time to check both unless your on the run, so pick a side of the river and enjoy !

I know this is a fashion site but drop your jeans, and spend a moment to have a look at this beautiful city.

well he mentioned that he has seen the city before, so I assume this is just a quick shopping stop :)

Well, I'm a fan of stuff like APC, Commes, Lindeberg, Helmut Lang - though my budget doesn't always stretch that far. I suppose Oi Polloi is one of my fave shops at home (England) and is pretty representative of what I wear: http://www.oipolloi.com/

ok, then I'd check out Le Bon Marche, somewhat close to apc (half a mile). they carry APC and some labels with similar aestethic like acne and a few others, actually I think part of the mens wear department there has quite a similar style as oi polloi. they also carry miu miu and dior as xanaxx mentioned, plus marni, mihara yasuhiro, krisvanassche, dries van noten, surface2air etc...

• 2 weeks later...