NBA Basketball

hamham3001

fisher being gone is a blessing, ramon sessions is so much better(statistically too), he actually makes fast breaks a possiblity that was virtually absent before he arrived, seeing how the lakers are at the bottom of the league in fast break points.

Thing is though we made the fish trade after we got sessions... sure we got Jordan Hill for Fish who gets playing time, but I feel like we woulda been better off keeping fish for chemistry+leadership reasons, than getting a less than average forward....Hell we shoulda dumped Blake for any big body instead (Im sure they tried)

It all comes down to a bunch of coulda/woulda/shoulda though... Its hard to say if Kobe/sessions/pau/metta/bynum with fish+odom off the bench would have even won a championship, though obviously would have been better

the spurs have made it possible to make basketball boring. yeah i get it, they are fundamentally sound and they win - thats the point. but as a fan of the game, i'm not excited to see them play. hope okc can take care of them next round. would love to see the thunder and heat in the finals. hi flying acts everywhere.

which makes it that much sweeter as a Spurs fan. The media machine ingnores and labels them boring. yet, in the end, my team wins a lot of games and has been the last team standing 4 (maybe 5) times. fuck the establishment, thats awesome! truly legendary group of guys playing a game at the highest level.

fuck that... the fact that idk if id hate more if boston or miami came out of the east really bothers me as a laker fan... and says a lot about my hatred towards Miami... anyone that doesnt live in miami or isnt a Lebron dick rider has no reason to root for them in any way

insert caps where appropriate

Edited by Dex_star

i never really understood the hate for lbj. i'm from la and not necessarily a huge supporter of lebron but dude is a beast. i have no hate for the man. wouldn't be mad if they took the championship this year and for many years to come.

the way he went about leaving Cleveland was a disgrace. fuck the loyal part though. owners can trade players at will and it's considered part of the game. lebron just so happened to be good enough to basically demand wherever he wants to play.

lebron never seemed humble to me. plus his lack of determination and no shows when it really mattered kind of bugged me. he's good I'll give him that, but he can never seem to will his team back to win. yeah he'll help them come back or whatever, but never really go all the way. you never hear anyone repeatedly calling him clutch. and that whole "decision" bullshit was dumb. and I hate his nickname. king james? reminds me of joffrey in game of thrones.

Perhaps the way Lebron left Cleveland wasn't exactly awesome, but worse was the way Cleveland and Gilbert reacted was dumb. At least Lebron had charity in mind while he made an ass of himself, Cleveland/Gilbert just acted like a bunch of whiny twats.

its even worse cause hes from the cleveland area, and was supposed to be their savior... for all of their sports... but he just bailed on em... ran away like a coward cause he couldnt get it done himself

on top of that hes supposed to be basketballs savior... the next legit super-superstar/legend... and no doubt he'll go down in history + hall of fame... but hes definitely tarnished his legacy.. and all of us fans of basketball, not just of specific teams, got robbed of something great since he ran to be robin to wades batman, instead of doing some legendary shit on his own...

besides the way he left, i don't see an issue with lebron playing for miami as a fan of basketball. cavs couldn't win a ring w/ that squad and that coach, so he decided to play for a team that has a better chance at doing so. nothing wrong with that what so ever. players play for different teams all the time and not much gets said. the microscope is a lot bigger when people view you as one of the elites.

hell before pau got traded to la and the lakers were losing to the suns in the playoffs, kobe wanted out of la. i wouldn't have blamed kobe if he ended up leaving. as a player your goal is to win championships so why not play for a team that gives you a better shot at doing that?

really, is that what he had in mind?

It appears that way, yeah. The proceeds from The Decision went to Boys and Girls Club. The lack of an answer up until that point led millions of people to follow the hype to ESPN on the night he announced where he was going. That sent to millions of dollars to Boys and Girls. If their were no ratings for The Decision then the donation to his chosen charity would have suffered.

Who knew come 2012 he'd be beat out the dog killing Vick as the "Most Hated Athlete?"

Edited by jonny