NBA Basketball

hamham3001

Couldn't agree more with this about Kobe:

"We've seen him take, and make, bad shots all year; mostly during the regular season. But the overwhelming bulk of those bad makes were looks that didn't really have to happen. Shots that a proper running of the Laker offense could render anachronistic. Just a few extra passes, and the right mindset to start the possession, and Kobe wouldn't have needed to fire up a 20-foot line-driver with a hand in his face.

Against the Suns, in Game 6, he kind of had to."

rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Behind-the-Box-Score-where-the-Lakers-are-going?urn=nba,244540

Agreed. While I understand the impressive nature of being able to hit shots, especially buzzer beaters, under duress and against good defense, I'm always a little puzzled by any team that points to their star and is proud of all those shots. All it indicates, in my mind, is that as a team you have trouble closing out games. Of course it's wonderful to hit big shots, but it can definitely indicate a lack of team play earlier and throughout the game.

Case in point: brandon roy- two seasons ago he hit a number of huge buzzer beaters, and by and large they were against respectable teams (houston, et al.) But this past season he was being forced to take (and yes he made a few) the same type of last minute shots against the fucking Wizards.

I think McMillan even pointed out in an interview earlier this season that trying to get 54 wins two seasons in a row would be great, but it was important to remember how many of those games we came within a point or two of losing and only escaped with the win thanks to some heroics that it would be better to avoid in the future... Anyhow [/buzzerbeater rant.]

Honestly, I've warmed up to the Lakers a little this season. I love Ron-ron, Lamar, and Derek. KobexSZ was hilarious. Fuck pretty much the rest of the team though.

However, I think I might now be a Celtics fan. Fuck Paul Pierce, but I've always liked Ray Allen. Sheed has long been one of my favourites, but most of all now, I think Rondo is just one of the most amazing players to watch in the league right now. Watching them kill the Magic was just beautiful to watch.

Nah, sorry Mass, Paul Pierce is a bitch. I am not denying that he is an effective player, but he just acts like a bitch. He fully takes advantage of the current weaknesses in the NBA officiating system by constantly drawing fouls (to a very impressive point) and overplaying/flopping incredibly hard. I absolutely agree that he is a great player, but not in any kind of respectable way.

And getting stabbed by Benzino is nothing to admire, at all. Sorry.

Sheed keeps it real and is consistently entertaining.

Finally, that Jordan allusion makes me say respectfully gtfo. The flu game is more impressive than Pierce's whole career.

Finally, that Jordan allusion makes me say respectfully gtfo. The flu game is more impressive than Pierce's whole career.

you really think Jordan had the flu or was just acting it up? one of my friends asked me that last week. hes not completely sure it was as bad as it seemed on tv.

thoughts?