NBA Basketball

hamham3001

Marion rox! He sounds like he's freestylin' when he's talking normally.

Suns to win in game 4.

Nash with 23 assists and Amare with 20 rebounds, maniac.

UltimateWarriorArmTassels.jpg

Go WARRIORSSSS

"What was a great but unlikely story has turned into a realistic scenario... This series has been everything a basketball fan could have asked for and more, as far as the quality of play and the passion involved.

So now we head back to Dallas for Game 5 on Tuesday night. It could be the genesis of the Warriors' emergence and the end of the Mavs' tremendous, but ultimately disppointing season. Or we just might be in store for a comeback for the ages. Only one way to find out... See ya Tuesday."

the differences in attitude is playing a huge role in the how things are turning out in the warriors vs mavs playoff series:

"It's just for fun", Baron Davis said. "Coming into the playoffs, Coach (Don Nelson) said we had nothing to lose. We just wanted to be in the playoffs for this city, for the whole Bay Area."

vs.

Nowitzki told the Dallas Morning News on Saturday that if his team lost Game 4 "the season will be pretty much over."

now mavs have to win 3 in a row to stay alive. the Suns did it last year against the Lakers, can the mavs do it now? not with dirk's attitude which will obviously influence his teammates. WARRIORS FTW!

^

YES! It happened!!! And Miami got swept!! A happy NBA day for me :)

edit: and Nash with 403580376 assists

none of those will ever redeem him

kobenash.gif

thats for all my kobe fans, but more so for all you kobe haters. you are the scum of this earth and i'll be having a good laugh when number 24's career is over and his stat sheet reads like Bill Gates' bank statement. not to mention at least two more rings so he can complete the whole nba championship hand.

(even though it ain't happening this year) go lakers...!!

lakers... hehe

barkley bagging out the bay area last night was classic.

charles doesnt want to have anything to do with the bay...i think its because on one road trip years ago with the suns, some bay local stole his "whip" and sent barkley a video of him "ghostriden it with e-40 playing in the background".

toronto whats going on? gonna let jason and the nets get the best of you?

nuggets and lakers are dead.

"dirk got away with a foul on the corner" - kenny smith

dude, horrible call on the mavs/warriors game. from a highly ranked 7 ref, no less. j.rich shoots the three, gets hit after the play (no call). then ref 7 calls a 6th foul on davis out of late 4th quarter habit...very very bad call.

ugh, then the "you suck" chants. that's just disrespectful. warriors fans will own dallas next game. and lastly, why the hell is avery coach and del harris the assistant? that's bush and cheney.

warriors lost, mavs didn't win. gah, and devon harris is still floppin'.

^^ Sure the officiating was a bit suspect towards the end, but basically the Warriors blew that game. But I mean come on, they let Devon Harris have his way in the paint, let Dirk take two fairly open treys, handled the ball terribly throughout the game, and made terrible offensive decisions in the last 3-4 mins of the 4th quarter. I'm not even going to go into detail about the idiotic mistakes and offensive dee-di-dee's SJax made. Friggin' dumb. Probably the most frustrating last 3-4 mins of a game, since I watched the Blazers blow it against the Fakers several years back.

Warriors better finish in game 6 or it's over.

calls were even most of the game, granted. the bad decision making by the refs hurt substantially in the final moments, period. the officiating shouldn't be swayed by the momentum of the game. a foul is a foul...regardless of a team "blowing it".

and even if the mavs did comeback, you have to see it from that point on as neutral, where both teams are tied and the game continues. a ref, esp. one ranked so high, should know better. davis clearly didn't foul. the post-game show, and a few of my friends who are clearly mavs fans all said that dirk got away with the foul which would have led to j.rich shooting three from the foul line. calling that would drastically, though rightly, change the pace and probably lead to a time out and nellie game plan vs avery/del game plan and so on. most importantly, davis wouldn't have fouled out. the refs should have been paying special attention at the final moments instead of assuming davis wanted to foul.

as for harris, he pushes off every time he drives. hell, the mavs big 3 (minus howard; he's just talented) pushes off from every pick and roll and screen. devon can only make a name for himself in this era, any other basketball era would make him look as bad as vlade and his flops.

i used to coach youth league teams and i'm surprised how much kids argue with refs and "act" to get the whistle. i blame vlade and harris...and the nba for not expanding the restricted zone.

...at least the raps won.

True, true. There were some BS calls and non-calls, esp. that 6th on Davis...total phantom foul. But still, I was shouting at the screen everytime SJax tried to take the shot or handle the ball down the stretch...he had a horrible game 5, just horrible.

Also would it have hurt the W's to drive the ball in just once instead of dribbling till 5 on the clock and hoist a fadeaway...bloody awful. Plus I felt a TO was needed right after Dirk hit the first 3...Also thought Nellie waited too long to resettle his troops. Gah...

Hopefully this will give GS an extra chip on their shoulders for game 6. Davis' facial expression looked like he was ready to go f.ck some dude up in the parking lot later. Well, git er dun mooo-ther truckers. I want Cuban to develop a perma-frown.

^^ i hear ya, munk. cuban's riches couldn't cheer him up if his mavs lost this series. i was surprised nellie didn't come up with anything to get baron the ball and away from the double/triple team. clearly, baron should have handled the ball, but damnit j.rich could have drilled sans foul. kobe would have gotten that call. oh well, it's in the books now.

^that "deserve to lose" adage is unnecessary...i guess coming back from down 21 doesn't mean shit in a playoff game against the number one team in their arena.

i wish NBAtv's referree/call review show would address these more important whistles along with the blatant no calls and bail outs, instead of why players do/don't deserve tech's and shit like that; that's already obvious.

the refs just killing these games

no over the back foul on dirk, and the no call on dirk when he fouled richardson on the 3. And the no calls when terry and devin push off.

The warriors are basically the west coast knicks, good team, no respect from the refs against nba posterboy teams.

The "only" call I thought was really bad was the call on davis. Otherwise, they really let them play and it was a really physical game. I don't think the no call on Dirk's over-the-back was a bad call. The refs shouldn't give the MVP in the league his 4th foul on an over-the-back call in the start of the 3rd. The same should go for Davis though...

GS played their hearts out, but it is all about how you finish. They were up by 9 with 3 minutes to go, I think some of the pressure got to them. I still think they will close out Dallas at home...

"The refs shouldn't give the MVP in the league his 4th foul on an over-the-back call in the start of the 3rd. "

Are you're okay with the type of prefferential treatment to so called "superstars" that gave miami their rings last year and sent Dallas home?

I was talking about the last over the back in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter.

The refs didn't give Miami the rings last year, Dallas choked them away. They were up by like 11 with 3 or 4 minutes left and couldn't close them out...

I don't have a problem with it as long as they are consistent. They should give the same treatment to Baron Davis. That is how the NBA works or any other sport for that matter...

They seemed pretty lenient with over-the-back calls the whole night though...

They wont choke.

Because I, BTT, just got tickets.

you gonna take BART, that fucking freeway is straight crumbs right now... well id have to take bart, i have no idea where you live...ha. have fun and tell baron davis i love him.