NBA Basketball

hamham3001

^ yea, it shouldn't be a surprise. its just a smart move for players to do that, they're just exercising their options.

but besides that

as a kings fan im excited to see who were going to trade and get. im glad we got rudy for another year. i wont be sad if Isiah goes as long as we get a better passer.

but in general, this summer is going to be ratchet.

how do u guys feel about nik stauskus? i feel like that pick must've been part of a larger move for the kings to land rondo/josh smith.

never heard of him until he got drafted; but the front office be saying he got shots off like curry and his body type is like klay.

true or not, i have a feeling he gunna be better than jimmer. 

and the chances of rondo/josh happening is pretty slim. ill be blown away if it does. id be super stoked cause we got big names, but curious whether that chemistry will work with gay/cousins.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad he made the decision to go back, but it will be interesting to see the dynamics of Kyrie & Lebron & Wiggens.

I feel like Wiggens will probably start playing the pippen role on being a great defensive SG/SF, while being the slasher with his speed & athleticism.

But will Kyrie & Waiters know how to play offball with Lebron? Will Bennett be given time to develop?

Cavs has lot of question marks, and especially their coaching staff & management.

Edited by hamham3001

i seriously doubt cavs are dumb enough to make that trade... but shit happens lol

theres not enough ball to share between the guys on the team already, adding another guy who needs the ball in his hands to score isn't gonna help their cause. No rim protection with their current squad, they trade potential pippen for another bucket getter whose already 27/28? who has no defense..

Yea they need a reliable big man to hold it down in the paint, but with the nba's emphasis on super teams these days I think there's a tendency to grab big names for the hell of it. Cavs aren't gonna win a title this year (Spurs again), but I think they can in 15-16.

• 2 weeks later...

Best thing i've read in a while..

The then-New Jersey Nets picked Kyle Korver with the 51st overall selection in the 2003 NBA Draft and sold his draft rights to the Philadelphia 76ers for $125,000.

The cash covered the Nets' Summer League bill and they spent the leftover money on a new copy machine.

Korver developed into one of the NBA's most valued swingmen.

“We gave away a good player for summer league,†says Rod Thorn, the Nets GM at the time. “It was just one of those things we had to do. At least, that’s how I rationalized it.â€

source: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234459/Nets-Sold-Kyle-Korver-To-Cover-2003-Summer-League-Purchase-Copy-Machine