NBA Basketball

hamham3001

conq: http://www.foxsports...605&feedID=3725

still think okc did the right thing by not exploding the budget - a bigger contract offer for harden would have been stupid. and now they have two first round picks, plus martin and lamb. harden has more money and is now the number 1 pick with a decent team instead of the number 3 with a very good team. everybody wins imo

Edited by philosophiliac

I'm a fan Harden, but Lin and Asik are both getting 8 million for the coming seasons with Harden still at 6 million for the 12/13 season. Next season though Harden's pay jumps to what 14 million? That doesn't sound like a $30 million trio to me... I'm sold that Harden can be a starter, but he ain't no max contract type of player. Rockets overpaid both Lin and Harden, and they need scorers which = $$$. Harden's a great player for sure, but he ain't Kobe and shouldn't have been paid like it.

As long as Harden had a team like Houston willing to pay that kind of cash for him OKC couldn't have negotiated a realistic contract, so that trade made perfect sense for the Thunder imo.

^ I get what you're saying, but Harden is worth the money cause he's a perfect player to build a championship team around... He scored 80 some points his first two games without ever playing with his new team..... Harden is a very well rounded guard and he's still very young, and he can mesh with any type of player. He's shown he can dominate the ball if given enough touches, and he's shown he can play without the ball by playing with the heaviest Iso players in the NBA (Westbrook and Durant)

If I were a Rockets fan I'd be more concerned that Harden took enough shots to score 80 points in two games than celebrating. I know he managed to hit them at a high percentage, but at 50% made that's ~40 shots in a 60 minute game! Where was the rest of the team? What happens when teams start assigning the best defenders to Harden and designing defensive plays against him now that he's his team's main scorer? In OKC, Durant and Westbrook took those defenders away from Harden. I just think that giving Harden the max contract was one hell of a gamble, especially without an roster that can help shoulder some pressure should he need it.

You're right about Harden being young, talented, and well-rounded, but, to me, now he's also a max salaried player which makes comparisons with other max salaried players valid. My list of top players goes on for awhile before I hit Harden's name.

I hope it works out. I mean the more contenders we have the better. And maybe I'd feel better if they didn't overpay Lin, but I'm just skeptical about this move. There's only so much cap space a team has to work with...

Edited by jonny

who would take those shots? Lin is getting his 10+ shots and dishing the ball well, Asik isn't a low post threat. They are a young team that's still new to each other. Don't you think that while the rockets are still learning that Harden should be the primary scorer? The rockets are still in a rebuilding stage and don't they have enough cap space to get another big player? Harden was taking a ton of shots, but isn't that what you want your max contract superstar is supposed to do? Especially at the rate he did it? He not only scored a ton at a efficient rate, but he was also distributing the ball well. And Lin + Harden both have had high assist totals in their past couple of games, so it's not like they are't helping in the offensive flow....

who would take those shots? Lin is getting his 10+ shots and dishing the ball well, Asik isn't a low post threat. They are a young team that's still new to each other. Don't you think that while the rockets are still learning that Harden should be the primary scorer? The rockets are still in a rebuilding stage and don't they have enough cap space to get another big player? Harden was taking a ton of shots, but isn't that what you want your max contract superstar is supposed to do? Especially at the rate he did it? He not only scored a ton at a efficient rate, but he was also distributing the ball well. And Lin + Harden both have had high assist totals in their past couple of games, so it's not like they are't helping in the offensive flow....

I'm not saying that Harden shouldn't be the focal point of the Rockets offense. That is what he is, after all. I'm questioning whether the trade/contract was a wise decision on the Rockets behalf, especially when combined with the cost of the Lin/Asik contracts.

The Rockets have committed over 40% of their cap space to the Asik, Lin, Harden trio. They gambled on Lin's $8 million/year contract after he played what? Twenty-six games and then had durability issues. Then, they gambled again on Harden when they offered him a max contract deal without ever having been a starter and not playing while surrounded by talent. They're both playing great, and Harden for sure is a great player, but regression to the mean can hurt.

Edited by jonny

some of you guys should come take my money in the sufu fantasy basketball.

redrafting in the next few days so there's another opportunity to get in on it. an 8 player league (as it is at the moment) isn't any fun - everyone's teams are ridiculously stacked.

carn guys (shameless plug)

edit: link: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/142084-sufu-fantasy-basketball-2012-2013/

Edited by philosophiliac

Simply put, you do not upset the basketball gods like this. The curse of the Bambino will seem like silly witchcraft once the rane of this brass decision have finally healed.

Sir Phillip, one of the greatest spiritual leaders in the history of completive sport. A man that carries around aura so strong yet cant be defined down to the smallest molecule. A presence that deals with present, reflects on the past, and guides to the future.

And As Mr. Jackson enters the Twightlight of this journey we call life, mirroring historic laker careers in the same, I ask what is left?

A journey interrupted, a story thrown out, an ending ruined, a generation of passion..... deflated.

So as Dr. Naismith turns over in his sleep tonight somewhere over Springfield Massachusetts, I say as a basketball fan, as a laker fan, as a kobe stan, as a human being,

be kind. be kind

Simply put, you do not upset the basketball gods like this. The curse of the Bambino will seem like silly witchcraft once the rane of this brass decision have finally healed.

Sir Phillip, one of the greatest spiritual leaders in the history of completive sport. A man that carries around aura so strong yet cant be defined down to the smallest molecule. A presence that deals with present, reflects on the past, and guides to the future.

And As Mr. Jackson enters the Twightlight of this journey we call life, mirroring historic laker careers in the same, I ask what is left?

A journey interrupted, a story thrown out, an ending ruined, a generation of passion..... deflated.

So as Dr. Naismith turns over in his sleep tonight somewhere over Springfield Massachusetts, I say as a basketball fan, as a laker fan, as a kobe stan, as a human being,

be kind. be kind

whoa....

Edited by jonny