NBA Basketball

hamham3001

odom to the mavs for a 1st round draft pick? guess the lakers had to get rid of odom but kupchak is digging a big hole. if he doesn't get howard, he's screwed.

odom ain't no chandler, but it's a solid pick up for the mavs. on that note, knicks are looking good on paper. if they would have kept billups, they would've been even stronger.

odom to the mavs for a 1st round draft pick? guess the lakers had to get rid of odom but kupchak is digging a big hole. if he doesn't get howard, he's screwed.

Odom requested that he be traded after the whole fiasco. I always liked the dude, felt that last year he was finally playing at his potential. Sad to see him go. Highly doubt we'll get Howard though.

damn. was really hoping to see paul go to the clippers, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen

http://hangtime.blog...ls=iref:nbahpt1

i doubt paul is going to go anywhere. seems like the NBA owners are going to want way too much from whatever team he would be traded to.

this

and then at the end of the year hes going to walk and then the hornets are going to be up shit creek

Melo hurt already

and i can see the Hornets (Stern) trading CP3 to a small market team (memphis, utah) for so so pieces just so he can be "see i told you I dont favor large market teams"

o damn. shit would hit the fan if that happened.

Chairman Stern leader of the Communist party

Guest Methimphibian

mmmm and they are back in talks to getting cp3.

Blake is just smiling at all of this.

clipps backed out, keep in mind they would have to give up something like gordon + another player(s) + draft pick. The lakers want CP the most of any team in the league, in order to replace an aging kobe. I still think the original deal with pau + odom and dragic/scola to N.O. was benefical for all parties involved, very dumb decision by stern. and now that they gave up odom for nothing it leaves more room in the salary cap.

it will be interesting the next few days.. in fact i'm starting to think d12 is just plan B if the cp talks ultimately fail

um, chris paul has a history of sharing the backcourt fairly well with another PG, so having both him and billups on the floor at the same time isn't that weird of a proposition. kaman was obviously on his way out after deandre signed that deal, so basically all the clippers really lose is eric gordon (draft picks don't really mean anything to contenders, which the clippers have become by adding paul).

losing gordon will undoubtedly come back to bite the clippers in the ass some day, but that day probably won't come for another couple years. even if eg blows up this season (probably will), he's stuck on basically the worst roster in the NBA, and won't be going any where any time soon. since billups can't be traded this season, I imagine mo williams is on the block, and if the clippers can turn him into a back-up big man, they'll be in pretty good shape (I think deandre is the only center on their roster, and it's just unrealistic to expect 40+ minutes a night from him right now).

also -- the clippers already added caron butler, so the aminu loss is negligible at this point. barring disaster/injury, this upcoming season is looking pretty decent for the clips.

Edited by factorization

clippers might have just traded the #1 pick for the 2nd straight year...

they should have told stern to fuck himself and held out until they could have kept the pick or gordon. no other team was going to trade for paul so the clips had the leverage.

um, chris paul has a history of sharing the backcourt fairly well with another PG, so having both him and billups on the floor at the same time isn't that weird of a proposition.

It's not about how good Chris Paul is at sharing the backcourt, it's whether Billups is willing to cooperate. Chauncey was pretty firm in warning teams not to claim him as he wanted to seek out an elite team. Chauncey now has to either be a backup or play out of position for a team that, even with a new look, still isn't sure-in for the playoffs.

Edited by Solix

^

You're crazy, the whole time Eric Gordan and Kamen were on the Clippers they were lottery bound. That Minn pick is not going to be too high since Rick Adelmann is coaching. Eric Gordan is a good player, but he is not a difference maker that Chris Paul is. Kamen, Gordan, Aminou, a first round pick for Paul and 2 second round picks is pretty damn good.