NBA Basketball

hamham3001

why does every single laker fan hate the heat? i live in l.a. so everyone i know loves the lakers and can't stand the heat. their answer, because the heat bought their team. serious? that's what the lakers do so well just about every season. i don't understand this argument.

i want dallas to win cuz of dirk and kidd. they deserve that shit. but i'm not gonna be mad if the heat take it just to piss off every laker fan.

Its not that every laker fan hates the heat, its that everyone thats not a LBJ dick rider hates the heat.... this may or may not include people living in Miami, since a lot of em dont rly give a fuck

And Heat didnt buy their team... they harboring fugitives...

Why u hatin the lakers so much when u in LA? have some pride bruh

Nah, support the Clippers. Fuck the Lakers forever.

But as of right now, fuck the Heat more so.

Most people hate the Heat because of Lebron, and the way he did the whole Cleveland thing, and his general persona. Toronto fans hate the Heat because Bosh left without us getting anything for him. Chicago hate the Heat because Wade chose to stay there instead of coming back to his home city to play with Rose and create a new dynasty. Generally though, I think most people hate Lebron.

Always got love for both

But obviously being a clippers fan is fuckin frustrating..

I'm guessing TO fans can relate

Sorta.

The difference is that the Clippers are cursed, and Toronto is doomed.

The Clippers have the worst luck, and terrible things prevent them from being good, despite seeing some talent. Theoretically the Clippers will win a championship eventually, once they get better management and coaching staff (Vinny Del Negro is the most inept man in the NBA).

Toronto, on the other hand, will never win a championship, because people just don't want to play there. Canada is a long way from home for most of these kids from the states, who make less money, and have to deal with cold ass winters. Even when we have had talent, they haven't liked playing here, despite the avid fanbase. We are strange market, in that it's pretty big being Canada's only team, as well getting top five ticket sales, but we still suffer from small market attention from the NBA in general. You can see the bias on the NBA's website: if the Raptor's upset a top team, it won't necessarily be a top story, whereas it might for Clippers or the Nets.

Our GM, Colangelo, seems to realize that American, mostly black dudes don't like it, here, and thus favours Europeans, hoping to get another Dirk or Gasol, yet the realities for every Dirk in the euro-league, there are many more mediocre players.

I've always liked underdog teams in general, and I'll continue to support both teams, but I have no illusions about Toronto's future. Right now my hopes are modest. Perhaps we can play team-focused ball like Memphis, but I doubt it, because their success was due to Zach Randolph's renewed energy and vigour, which is not a likely scenario for us with a player like him.

Its not that every laker fan hates the heat, its that everyone thats not a LBJ dick rider hates the heat.... this may or may not include people living in Miami, since a lot of em dont rly give a fuck

im a seattle transplant in LA... ive come to appreciate them, but i cant take pride in the lakers

i have clipper pride. only upside to that is having something to wear on july 4th if i wanna look patriotic in a basketball sort of way.

im a seattle transplant in LA... ive come to appreciate them, but i cant take pride in the lakers

no hate, my friend is from Boston, now living in LA. Die hard celtic fan, weve come to an understanding that we only hate eachother during rivalry games

my other friend was born and raised in LA, but is a celtics fan... weve come to an understanding that I just hate him

i have clipper pride. only upside to that is having something to wear on july 4th if i wanna look patriotic in a basketball sort of way.

idk, its just kinda weird to me whenever I hear a basketball fan born and raised in LA (assuming thats what you are) that doesn't back the Lake show. Maybe it was just the way my dad always was, i.e. being a rams/raiders/clippers fan no matter how bad they are too... We rode wit LA teams no matter what, so having an actual champion in our city meant a lot.

No hate tho, just cooler talk

But why any hatred for Wade? He chose to stay on the team that drafted him and he took a paycut.

I have 21 reasons to hate him. One for each free throw he shot in game 5 of the 2006 finals.

Also, dude fucking left the court in a wheel chair and wasn't even hurt at all...that's pretty hatable, if you ask me.

I have 21 reasons to hate him. One for each free throw he shot in game 5 of the 2006 finals.

Also, dude fucking left the court in a wheel chair and wasn't even hurt at all...that's pretty hatable, if you ask me.

He was hurt, it just wasn't anything to do with his legs.

Thanks GS for taking Mark Jackson away from ESPN. I can't wait to watch basketball without having to be inundated by his endless catch phrases.