NBA Basketball

hamham3001

Dallas lookin stroooong. I'm impressed. Thought they might be a little rusty w/ all that time off, but I guess the rest helps w/ an older team.

Dallas in 5.

Anyone catch the lottery? Wall looked high as fuck.

free throw contest.

kevin durant has got to be one of the biggest floppers

A lot of it is just that he's still not that strong. Long and fast, but still skinny as hell. Some is definitely going for calls, but he also can't handle the contact as much as some bigger dudes can.

One of the best performances I have ever seen in a Playoff game. At least in the last 5-10 years. Dirk was the man.

Thunder in 7. :)

Your prediction is seriously that the young ass thunder are going to come in and win a game 7 in dallas? ok...

I got mavs in 5.

I don't know that the refs could have tried any fucking harder to give that game to the Heat. That said, the Bulls played like shit -- couldn't shoot for shit from the field or the line.

Lebron and Wade are bitches, period. Both deserved T's for their silly-ass complaining.

Guest Methimphibian

officiating was decent..

bulls have a serious problem when guys like korver go 2/12. Because rose can't always be relied upon to score the ball every single possession. Deng and boozer were both good in the first half, but then they went cold in the second half. Haslem too was a huge factor too for the heat

the ref's did a horrible job. i think at one point, reggie miller said something like 'i don't mean to call out the ref like this, but that's about the fourth bad call he's made' officials have to be doing a pretty bad job for TNT peeps to mention it. still think miami would have taken it regardless of the calls going in their favor.

Not only did Miller and the TNT crew mention the bad officiating generally, and the "fourth bad call" specifically, they did so in the fucking FIRST half. I know a lot of teams have gotten jobbed this playoff season, but last night was embarrassing.

But again, the Bulls played poorly, save for a stretch in the second quarter when it looked as though they were taking over the game. Rose's early foul trouble caused him to play timid, further hurting our cause. Korver was bad, Boozer and Deng both disappeared in the second half, and the entire team shot the 3 poorly.

That said, the Bulls played like shit and yet were in a position to win the game with 2:00 remaining in the fourth.

Despite the bad ref calls, the calls didnt hurt the Bulls at all compared to the many bad calls made to other teams during this year's playoff games. What hurt the Bulls? Bulls couldnt get their offense clicking, couldnt hit free throws, Boozer not playing when they needed offense and someone to draw the defense from double and triple teaming Rose, lack of a solid SG who can create their own shot, Lebron growing a pair of a balls all of a sudden.

I disagree that the bad calls didn't hurt the Bulls. You're absolutely correct in saying that the poor officiating wasn't the most glaring cause of their defeat, but it certainly made things more difficult. They were in the penalty for almost the entire first fucking half because the half-wits refs couldn't help themselves from making terrible, ticky-tack calls every time the Heat had the ball. With so many piss-poor calls going against them, you could see the Bulls playing a bit weaker down low.

Their poor shooting was the biggest problem. Derrick didn't have a good game, nor did any of his teammates. Deng had a nice first half before disappearing in the second. And fuck all, Korver needs to hit when provided with an open look. If he isn't shooting well, he's a complete liability on both ends. But, you can't pull him after 2-3 misses and expect him to find a rhythm in the series.

Oh, and it would have helped if the Bulls could have made a fucking free throw. Christ.