NBA Basketball

hamham3001

NBA also should revisit how the in the act of shooting fouls are called. if you get fouled and are not in the act of shooting, you should not get to go to the free throw line. just because you hear a ref's whistle and decide to throw the ball up and pretend like you're shooting is not the same thing.

also:

The NBA rulebook states "A ball being dribbled is (1) in the frontcourt when the ball and both feet of the player are in the frontcourt, (2) in the backcourt if the ball or either foot of the player is in the backcourt". In the play from Wednesday night's Oklahoma City-Denver game, as he received the ball, Kevin Durant stepped on the midcourt line with his left foot which is equivalent to being in the backcourt. He never established position in the frontcourt with both feet so the referees were correct in waiving off a backcourt violation. If Durant had both feet and the ball in the frontcourt and then stepped on the midcourt line, the correct call would then have been a backcourt violation.

via the nba.

looking way ahead but i'm ready for a thunder / lakers rematch. that series woud not disappoint.

while i think the blazers would make for a more exciting series against the lakers, i think dallas has a more legit shot against la. although i really don't think either team can beat la in a 7 game series. especially w/o home court advantage.

tough juice pullin a willis reed would be pretty fucking awesome

but even without him, everyone sayin dallas cant beat la...are you fuckin serious?

hornets took them to six games with trevor fucking ariza as their second scoring option, one (semi) legit 7 footer playing limited minutes, and no outside shooting

tough juice pullin a willis reed would be pretty fucking awesome

but even without him, everyone sayin dallas cant beat la...are you fuckin serious?

hornets took them to six games with trevor fucking ariza as their second scoring option, one (semi) legit 7 footer playing limited minutes, and no outside shooting

i don't think dallas have beat the lakers in a playoff series since they got pau.

i understand your logic w/ saying that the hornets took them to 6 games so Dallas has a really good shot at beating la, but it really doesn't work that way. remember back like 2-3 years ago when the houston rockets took the lakers to game 7 in the second round w/o tracy mcgrady. yao might have been out too, i don't remember. lakers went on to win the championship that year.

We've got a way better shot than Portland. Trust.

yeah, better shot than the blazers. that's for sure. curious how haywood is gonna match up defensively against bynum. dirk should keep pau out of the paint by hanging arond the 3 point line. should open up the paint for kidd and terry to drive inside. having said that, just don't see the mavs beating the lakers in a 7 game series.

Means nothing.

Oh really? Then why has it been predictive of almost every playoff series thus far. In the east: every team that majority of games against their first round opponents during the regular season. In the West (probably because there is more talent period, and not just in the top 5 teams) LA and OKC both won the majority of their games against their first round opponent, while Dallas and SAS tied. Interestingly, Dallas was the one team to come closest to decisively breaking this trend.

While it isn't quite determinate, much can be gleaned from it. For example, it was why I predicated, and wasn't therefore shocked when Dallas got upset by Golden State.