NBA Basketball

hamham3001

I would be floored if he didn't...dude owns the Spurs.

Troo. the blazers have semi-had the spurs number the past season or so, especially at the rose garden. I went to two of the games last year, one of which oden was playing in and he had one of his most complete games of his mini-career against timmy. *siiiiiigh*

I don't know why more players don't do that. I mean, not everyone has the athleticism to do it on dunks, but so many blocks are uselessly swatted into the stands. Great, give them the ball back. I get that you want lane intimidation but I refuse to believe guys like Howard, McGee and Smoove can't just grab the ball instead of trying to show off.

That was, by the way, nuts. Jordan's was still more impressive just because he was an old man with the flu when he did it.

agreed, I know dwight has done it a few times too...

oh, also:

Wesley recounted it with clarity. “I was able to turn down my screen and thought I was gonna have my second dunk of the night and the rim was there and then it wasn’t and my arm felt like it was about to come off my body.â€

"As Wesley dressed and prepared himself for the media LaMarcus could be heard teasing him from his locker with shouts of “Give my arm back! Give my arm back!â€

I wanted to post something about the spurs fucking themselves and andre miller and batum doin some work with .9 left... but the bobcats (without jackson OR thomas!) beating the celtics clearly the most ridiculous thing tonight...

"The way we're playing shocks me. Our attitude shocks me," Rivers said. "I just think we've become very, very selfish, not just as far as trying to get our own [shots], but everything is about how we're playing individually, instead of how the team is playing.
"I just didn't know that we had it in us to really score like we did, especially in the fourth quarter," Silas said. "Truthfully, I did not think we had a chance to win this ballgame."

"It was unbelievable," he said. "It's just kind of indescribable."

I really like Paul Silas, the more I hear him talk. I like that he manages to be realistic about his team without being a downer. He doesn't stick to the normal "we expect to win every game, etc etc" but he also doesn't make excuses... he seems like a levelheaded guy who, if he had a bit more talent, would be a fantastic coach to at least get the bobcats to a point where they could be mildly relevant in the playoffs.

eh, fuck it:

Picture8.png?t=1301125237

I'd like to think that's hours of intentional imitation in order to become "like mike". Literally the only difference is their foot placement and hand size.

Speaking of which.. would be neat if that foot placement coincided with which way they liked to turn to face up, or is that just over-analyzing.?

Just based on body position it looks to me like Jordan is planting his right foot and headfaking to his right and then preparing to spin left whereas kobe is arching his back and will give a few more hip thrusts, clear some space and take a fadeaway... [/huge guess]

also: wtf is up with C.Webb's left eye... was it just me that thought it looked jacked up? Or is that normal?

edit: also- did anyone else think that the NBA's explanation of why lebron's 3/4 court threeball should NOT have counted sounded outrageous? I couldn't really follow what stu jackson said, but assuming that he had a point all it really proved to me was that they should change whatever rule he was explaining because what the refs did in the moment made a lot sense...

Just saw the explanation, and I gotta agree. Basically, after the buzzer has gone off, there can no longer be any legal play there on after. So already, we have to completely forget that Lebron's shot or even the possibility of his shot going in ever happened.

Now, with that said. You have to take into account what actually did play out in regulation, which was Lebron touching the ball for a .9-1 second. Since they can't re-do the play, the next best thing is to subtract the .09-1 seconds from the clock because that actually happened in regulation, inbound it from where Lebron was last, then start the play from there.

The ref's decision is somewhat faulty. Had the time not been started early, Lebron wouldn't have rushed the shot. Had he relaxed and shot differently or from a different spot on the court, it might have not gone in. This is hypothetical, but so is that shot that went in, in a way. The refs ruled that had there been more time, Lebron would've made it anyways. Well, had there been more time, Lebron might have played it differently and missed. Jackson's rule eliminates hypotheticals.

Very convoluted post, I know. Hopefully it made sense.

Just saw the explanation, and I gotta agree. Basically, after the buzzer has gone off, there can no longer be any legal play there on after. So already, we have to completely forget that Lebron's shot or even the possibility of his shot going in ever happened.

Now, with that said. You have to take into account what actually did play out in regulation, which was Lebron touching the ball for a .9-1 second. Since they can't re-do the play, the next best thing is to subtract the .09-1 seconds from the clock because that actually happened in regulation, inbound it from where Lebron was last, then start the play from there.

The ref's decision is somewhat faulty. Had the time not been started early, Lebron wouldn't have rushed the shot. Had he relaxed and shot differently or from a different spot on the court, it might have not gone in. This is hypothetical, but so is that shot that went in, in a way. The refs ruled that had there been more time, Lebron would've made it anyways. Well, had there been more time, Lebron might have played it differently and missed. Jackson's rule eliminates hypotheticals.

Very convoluted post, I know. Hopefully it made sense.

I understand the argument, but I don't think the second part follows: Lebron didn't shoot it the way he did because the clock started early, he let the ball roll along and then picked it up as fast as he could because he knew how much time was left and he was trying to get the shot off.

He very intentionally attempted to not start the clock, so it seems faulty to say that because the clock started early in error his play, which took place during the actual alloted time should not count.

That being said, I understand the idea that you can't "replay" a possession that occurs after the buzzer, but then why take the .9 off the clock when you reset the clock? If anything you should just replay the entire possession that was tainted by the miscued clock... I think... ultimately it comes down to lebron overtly attempting to manage the clock and whomever had their finger on the button fucking it up... which is just aggravating.

either way, it was ridiculous, and if it had ultimately decided the game in one way or another I wouldn't blame either team for being pissed...