NBA Basketball

hamham3001

So I guess we decided this in the DRAFT ROOM.

Since we are not playing for money.. this is the prize.

There will be ONE winner.

That winner gets his choice of:

1. His name in every losers' sig (any any way.. colorful, blinking, large letters, etc.)

2. The losers' have to change their avatar to the winner's favorite team or favorite player.

3. The losers have to put a link of the winner's profile in their sigs.

All of this will last till the basketball season starts up again.

AGREED?

I still hate the Matthews signing. Too much money for someone who can't create his own shot (though he's a way better shooter than I give him credit for) on a team that has zero offensive system other than Roy going 1 on 5 and posting Aldridge up 17 feet out. Plus there's just too many wing players. He's not quite as useful as Batum IMO and he won't steal minutes from Roy, nor will he prove streaky enough to totally shut Fernandez out. Great player but it's a signing I really don't understand. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Rudy's being a bitch but he's still probably the most exciting scorer they have. Wes can definitely D up real well, but so can Roy and so can Batum (and so can Miller), and he doesn't really do anything else well enough to separate him from those three. I mean, he runs the floor well, but Portland walks the ball up the court every time (and Roy's a ballhog) so it's not like his athleticism is really going to be distinguishing him.

I still hate the Matthews signing. Too much money for someone who can't create his own shot (though he's a way better shooter than I give him credit for) on a team that has zero offensive system other than Roy going 1 on 5 and posting Aldridge up 17 feet out. Plus there's just too many wing players. He's not quite as useful as Batum IMO and he won't steal minutes from Roy, nor will he prove streaky enough to totally shut Fernandez out. Great player but it's a signing I really don't understand. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

while I would've agreed with you at the time they signed him, if you've watched Matthews over the preseason you know that he's a guy who definitely can get his own shot when he wants. He's also built like a brick wall and, as has been mentioned, can play d. He's what the blazer's need, and money's not really an issue... (Not saying they didn't overpay, but also not sure that it won't pay off.)

in re: roy/LA- if you've watched them in the preseason (especially tonight's denver game) you'll see they they really aren't the same guys that they were last season, LA especially. While he needs to work on finishing, esp. with his left, he's actually been being aggressive and going to work in the post. As far as I can remember he took only one midrange jumper during the entire game tonight and he still finished with ... 16 maybe?

Brandon is slowly learning to be effective away from the ball, but he's still got a way to go. When his shot is falling though, I'd take him over any other 2 in the league.

Anyhow, main point: I was feeling pretty shitty about how the blazers looked throughout the preseason, but if they can put together nice sets along with some big shots like they did tonight they'll be fine. And if the slumbering Oden ever awakes will make it out of the first round without too much trouble.

(ALSO: NICOLAS BATUM IS A FIERCE FRENCH BEAST.)

while I would've agreed with you at the time they signed him, if you've watched Matthews over the preseason you know that he's a guy who definitely can get his own shot when he wants. He's also built like a brick wall and, as has been mentioned, can play d. He's what the blazer's need, and money's not really an issue... (Not saying they didn't overpay, but also not sure that it won't pay off.)

in re: roy/LA- if you've watched them in the preseason (especially tonight's denver game) you'll see they they really aren't the same guys that they were last season, LA especially. While he needs to work on finishing, esp. with his left, he's actually been being aggressive and going to work in the post. As far as I can remember he took only one midrange jumper during the entire game tonight and he still finished with ... 16 maybe?

Brandon is slowly learning to be effective away from the ball, but he's still got a way to go. When his shot is falling though, I'd take him over any other 2 in the league.

Anyhow, main point: I was feeling pretty shitty about how the blazers looked throughout the preseason, but if they can put together nice sets along with some big shots like they did tonight they'll be fine. And if the slumbering Oden ever awakes will make it out of the first round without too much trouble.

(ALSO: NICOLAS BATUM IS A FIERCE FRENCH BEAST.)

Even though I hate his guts.. even he is laughing at what you said

kobe-bryant-baloncesto-nba-apuestas.jpg