NBA Basketball

hamham3001

RIP Manute Bol

Icon, activist, humanitarian, single season blocked shot record holder, lion killer, polygamist and Friend of Whatevs, Manute Bol has died.

He was working to bring peace to Sudan and help the lost boys who would often become child soilders before Hollywood could even spell Darfur.

tumblr_l4a5ta6H491qzb7vjo1_500.jpg

also came up with the quote "my bad"

when he was 18 he killed a lion with a spear.

love the draft for the kings. got big on the front line real fast.

not sure what the warriors were doing passing on monroe. a passing big man is what the warriors need to spread the floor

I actually don't know if he had another year left or not. Either way, he'll get paid, whether it's from the last year of his deal or just getting a new gig. I'm actually slightly sympathetic to paul allen in some ways, i mean, it sounds like pritchard and tom penn were indeed going behind his back, which is fucked. And in the end maybe he did deserve to be let go... but they went about it in a totally stupid way... and just before the FA season starts up? dummmmb.

Well, it's speculation, but it makes sense. Apparently Paul Allen and Vulcan think Penn (and Pritchard) made up the Minnesota job offer last year to 'extort' more money for themselves.

It could also be that Pritchard is a notorious dick towards other GMs and he might have burned too many bridges to turn his assets into players and take the team to the next level, but I can't see that as enough justification for Paul Allen & co. to absolutely humiliate him the way they did.

You don't fire your GM hours before the draft, then force him to take part in it anyways (before kicking him out of the war room) just because he's pissed some other GMs off. Something else definitely happened.

All of this being said, they should have fired Nate McMillan instead. He's completely incapable of running a team. He's a great motivator but he's not much of a coach. Their defence is a result of the snails pace they play at and their offence is one of the ugliest in the league.