NBA Basketball

hamham3001

KG has become nuts in his old age, although the point the announcers made about him being a team player and not worrying about going back in the game is the truth. a true team player willing to take one for the team and get the W

tumblr_l3u2w4eNJv1qzb7vjo1_500.jpg

win or lose. the league is rigged. officials in no other sport have as much power as the refs in basketball.

Word up. I was just coming here to post this. It's ridiculous. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the outcome of the finals is rigged, in itself. But I think that they want this go to seven games no matter what. As many a commentator has said, this is the most important finals in like 17 years.

The Celtics-Lakers rivalry, and how boring the finals have been lately. They have a great storyline going here, and they don't want to fuck it up. On one side you have the Kobe story, on the other the rallying or not of a team of old men plus one hot (pause) new PG. Rarely has it been this even since then. I personally think it is very exciting.

But yeah, the way the refs swung it in the third by not calling celtics fouls and calling four straight Lakers ones, probably to make up for the 1-2 second in the key that Garnett got. Ugh.

But yeah, the way the refs swung it in the third by not calling celtics fouls and calling four straight Lakers ones, probably to make up for the 1-2 second in the key that Garnett got. Ugh.

This.

The fact that it only was a 7 point win even after the refs took control of the game really highlights how much help the Celtics need to win lately. The officiating was so obviously bad, that it pretty much says his series will go seven just to milk as much moolah as they can out of it.

the thing about bad reffing: it happens both ways. obviously this game more of them went for the C's, other games they've gone towards the Lakers. don't get me wrong, blatantly bad officiating sucks, and can definitely ruin a game, but that being said it's still up to the team who's getting the favorable calls to capitalize on them. And the celtics did that. The officiating could have been shitty and it still could have been a boring ass game, but it wasn't. It was fun to watch for celtics fans and infuriating for Lakers fans, which is pretty much how it was meant to be. The next game will be the opposite...

Dont' get it twisted. They dont' give a shit who wins. They just want to extend the series for the millions of dollars in revenue each game generates.

Exactly. I'm just saying the refs bailed them out, when Lakers are clearly the better team right now, no bias. Sure, the Celtics have to capitalize, but it's not that hard when every other possession gives you the ball or sends you to the free throw line. If this were an honest contest, Lakers would be up 3-1 and quite possibly would've finished up in Boston on Sunday with the Celtics low on morale. The biggest NBA rivalry brings in the dough, which is why it's going to go longer than that.

Best series was the Suns vs Lakers... was convinced the Suns would make it but thanks to Stern/refs/BS it wasn't mean to be... I woulda creamed if it was a Suns/Nuggest WC finals...