Best time to buy plane tickets

Ahlvahroe

ok so i am planning to go on vacation in august but everytime i check ticket prices they keep going up. have i waited too long or am i looking too soon. im not really a frequent flyer so if i could get some insight that would be great.

Call up any airline and ask them directly, as they can tell you the off peak periods, or you can book very very early, so you can get discounted package deals.

ok so i am planning to go on vacation in august but everytime i check ticket prices they keep going up. have i waited too long or am i looking too soon. im not really a frequent flyer so if i could get some insight that would be great.

Student discounts are always available.

Try http://www.statravel.com/

I saved about $400 booking my flight to tokyo by buying tix from there...

thanks guys. i should have explained what my trip was. my trip is from san jose to argentina to mexico then back home. so it does make it a bit more dificult to gauge, oh well ill keep looking

for multi-city travels

i swear by kayak.

www.kayak.com

-edit-

hotel, cars, and just about anything that's related to travel

This site was really useful when I was travelling across the country

for interviews. Like I can enter the address of a university and can find hotels

within the X mile radius of the given address.

If your city has a Argentinian/South American area, you might try checking travel agents there. When I've booked flights to Asia I've saved $300-$500 by booking through Chinatown travel agents, I'd imagine it would be the same situation for South America.

Also, you need to buy NOW if you're going in August. That's the most expensive time of year to travel (aside from Christmas and Thanksgiving).

This is not exactly applicable to travelling to south america but

japanesee travel agents like JTB, IACE, Kintetsu, A-kind (super cheap flights) and etc. These are sometimes located in japanese supermarkets like mitsuwa.

if you live close to one, you might wanna look into it.

kayak, as i mentioned above, is great too. I found a flight from atlanta to tokyo (connection in houston) for 550 all inc. back in march.