hoping a denim expert can answer this.

ringring, you said:

Doing hundreds of squats every week will speed up the wear process with screwing up your jeans.

did you mean without?

regarding the "preserving the dry state" thing, how about vinegar? I notice my dark pre-distressed jeans almost don't fade, no matter how hard I wash them. How to achieve that with your raw naturally-distressed jeans?

Geowu - yes, I meant without . Typo. Thanks for spotting that, I'll go back and edit.

Vinegar won't make any difference apart from help get your jeans clean. Vinegar is traditionally used to 'fix' indigo in martial art gi's. But anyone who's done it will tell you the indigo still crocks off aplenty icon_smile.gif

I don't know what type of jeans your dark pre-distressed ones are, but if they are regular indigo denim then they should fade.

Quote:

I usually wash my jeans a lot cause I don't like bagged out knee's. Is there any way to return the knee's to a freshly washed looking state without actually washing them?

--- Original message by AmericanTemplar on Jun 8, 2005 07:04 AM

Spot shrinking?? That is a quesion I have been thinking about as well. I would be interested in possible solutions. I as well dislike the stretched out knees in my APC rescue that sort of hold that domed out shape when standing. An idea I havn't tried yet is to perhaps spray the knees with very hot water and let dry then repeat several times. Spray - then let dry. I have no idea if that would work. One thing I do however is to hang them by the waist from a clip hangar and spray with heavy starch the entire surface until soaked about twice a week. I find that doing that helps put back some rigidity which lessens the appearence of the puffy knee.

603935_m.JPG

"Today's peacock tomorrow's feather duster. "

mist the knee on the jeans (one spray) with water then throw them in a dryer (hottest "cotton" setting) for 20+ min

a lot of times i throw mine in there without even misting them, i like stretched knees

they can be pressed back into shape w/ steam as ringring said but if its a concern that you might lose the behind the knee crumples just stick a piece of cardboard in between the front and back of the jean

Thanks for the tips - I wouln't mind it so much if it didn't look like I was wearing knee-pads under my jeans - but I guess with more time they should relax like Wild Whisky said. I am patient and besides spraying them down with starch every now and again, I cant see putting any sort of effort into "primping" the denim. One of the things I like most about wearing dry denim is how maintenence free it is and how it just looks better and better as time goes on without me doing anything but using it.

603935_m.JPG

"Today's peacock tomorrow's feather duster. "

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...